• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Curacao Nov 8-15th, 2008 "TURKEY SHOOT" Single's Week!

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#271 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hey Y'all

I'm very interested in pickin'up a wreak diving cert. on this trip. anybody else?? Anybody want to Instruct??

Thanks,
Ed

I might be interested in the wreck course.

knighthawk and Bubbles,

I'll be available to teach a PADI Wreck Diver Certification Course for you and anyone else, but I'll be in Indonesia until the end of October. There is a pretty good wreck there, and we'll probably do the four dives on it from the shore in the afternoons.

You will make at least four wreck training dives during the course.
a. The first training dive develops your familiarity with the wreck environment and methods of navigating on a wreck.
b. The second training dive develops wreck mapping skills and your ability to evaluate a wreck for penetration potential.
c. The third training dive allows you to practice wreck penetration skills in open water on the outside of a wreck.
d. On the fourth training dive, you’ll make an actual penetration dive accompanied by your instructor.

As you can see, the course is fairly intense, and I'll need to know for sure if you want to do it so I can bring the appropriate materials. The cost is $200 ($180 to Kamala and $20 to me for your C-card application). You'll also need a primary and a backup dive light and a dive slate in addition to your personal diving equipment (including a knife or dive tool capable of cutting line). A reel and line would be helpful, or you can use mine. Also, you might want to pickup the Wreck Diver Manual from your local dive shop.

Just let Kamala know what you'd like to do - Bruce

I'm in !!
How does the payment work ?? all to Kamala or 180 to Kamala and twenty to Bruce ??

Thanks-Ed
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

#272 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hey Y'all

I'm very interested in pickin'up a wreak diving cert. on this trip. anybody else?? Anybody want to Instruct??

Thanks,
Ed

knighthawk and Bubbles,

I'll be available to teach a PADI Wreck Diver Certification Course for you and anyone else, but I'll be in Indonesia until the end of October. There is a pretty good wreck there, and we'll probably do the four dives on it from the shore in the afternoons.

a. The first training dive develops your familiarity with the wreck environment and methods of navigating on a wreck.
b. The second training dive develops wreck mapping skills and your ability to evaluate a wreck for penetration potential.
c. The third training dive allows you to practice wreck penetration skills in open water on the outside of a wreck.
d. On the fourth training dive, you’ll make an actual penetration dive accompanied by your instructor.

As you can see, the course is fairly intense, and I'll need to know for sure if you want to do it so I can bring the appropriate materials. The cost is $200 ($180 to Kamala and $20 to me for your C-card application). You'll also need a primary and a backup dive light and a dive slate in addition to your personal diving equipment (including a knife or dive tool capable of cutting line). A reel and line would be helpful, or you can use mine. Also, you might want to pickup the Wreck Diver Manual from your local dive shop.

I'm in !!
How does the payment work ?? all to Kamala or 180 to Kamala and twenty to Bruce ??

Thanks-Ed

Send SD $180 and then give Bruce $20 in cash in Curacao.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#273 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:41 AM

Hey Y'all

Thanks,
Ed

knighthawk and Bubbles,

I'm in !!

Thanks-Ed

will do, thanks-Ed!
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

#274 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

will do, thanks-Ed!

Let us know if you are taking the class. :unsure:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#275 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

Payment Update:

1. Tammie aka Seaseeker: Received your payment in the amount of $679.80. Includes pp fee. :teeth:

#276 jd texas

jd texas

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:instrucor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

I am interested in this trip. If prefer a jr suite, s/o, nitrox, watamula, and wreck cert. If you would let me know what the total will be.

jdtexas

#277 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:27 AM

I am interested in this trip. If prefer a jr suite, s/o, nitrox, watamula, and wreck cert. If you would let me know what the total will be.

jdtexas

I have asked the resort for availability so will let you know as soon as I hear back! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#278 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'd like to switch to a single occupancy room. Can you let me know the price difference? Thanks

Any information regarding the price difference for an upgrade to a single? I know I still owe for Nitrox, and I'd like to pay off my balance. Thanks!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#279 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

I'd like to switch to a single occupancy room. Can you let me know the price difference? Thanks

Any information regarding the price difference for an upgrade to a single? I know I still owe for Nitrox, and I'd like to pay off my balance. Thanks!

Hey girl you can do a single room as a superior room. The price should be in the first post but if not I will get it to you when I get back from Bali! kamala

formerly...

#280 TryinDiving

TryinDiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Sorry for neglecting this trip everyone. Soon as I get these Wakatobi people out of here, I'll dive into this trip and fix whatever is broken. :birthday:

Hey ScubaPunk,

Weren't those Wakatobi people out of there over a week ago? When are we going to be clued in on the "fixes" to whatever is broken? :lol:

Thanks!
-T

#281 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

Sorry for neglecting this trip everyone. Soon as I get these Wakatobi people out of here, I'll dive into this trip and fix whatever is broken. :birthday:

Hey ScubaPunk,

Weren't those Wakatobi people out of there over a week ago? When are we going to be clued in on the "fixes" to whatever is broken? :lol:

Thanks!

Ok...Ok...I'll look things over when I get home from work today. I will probably need to consult with WW on the rooming through.

#282 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

Nope...those lucky members on the Wakatobi trip are still gone until the 17th, 18th or 19th depending on when our outbound flight is. Mine arrives at 5am the 19th.

It seems there was confusion as to whether you could 'pay' for a Terrace room or merely win it as an upgrade. It also seems that some people requested a superior room but paid for a terrace room. Contrary to popular belief I do not handle every transaction of SingleDivers.com so when payment was rec'd for Terrace rooms that info was sent via our accountant to Scubapunk who then updated the thread. As a result we may be short 1 terrace room or we may be just fine. One look see says we are fine but another says we may be oversold by 1 Terrace. That is what Sandy is going to help me look at when I get back from Wakatobi.

We will advise you once we've had a chance to look at everything but have no worry...we have a room for everyone who wants one. :birthday:

formerly...

#283 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:17 AM

...We will advise you once we've had a chance to look at everything but have no worry...we have a room for everyone who wants one. :birthday:

I heard overbooked stragglers are upgraded to Beachfront. Of course your precious unmentionables may get a little damp at high tide. :birthday:

Just Kibbitzing,

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#284 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

...We will advise you once we've had a chance to look at everything but have no worry...we have a room for everyone who wants one. :)

I heard overbooked stragglers are upgraded to Beachfront. Of course your precious unmentionables may get a little damp at high tide. :canada:

Just Kibbitzing,

Yep and I'll be right with them there...wet and all!

So are you actually on this trip or just stirring the proverbial pot???

formerly...

#285 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

Sorry for neglecting this trip everyone. Soon as I get these Wakatobi people out of here, I'll dive into this trip and fix whatever is broken. :canada:

Hey ScubaPunk,

Weren't those Wakatobi people out of there over a week ago? When are we going to be clued in on the "fixes" to whatever is broken? :fish2:

Thanks!

Ok...Ok...I'll look things over when I get home from work today. I will probably need to consult with WW on the rooming through.

To All....please bear with us as we work to figure this out. EVERYONE has a room. One or maybe two people do not have the room they requested in the configuration they wanted. For example you may have wanted a s/o terrace and there is only d/o terrace available or no terrace available but superiour available as a s/o. We have to look at the thread as best we can and match payments to receipts etc. This is not a 5 minute job bur rather a mutli-hour endeavor that will involve both Sandy and myself.

Sandy will help me do the legwork and when I return from Wakatobi I will go over it and advise where things stand. Keep in mind that most likely a series of small mistakes were made that were not caught as they usually are and simple things such as allocating the wrong room type due to payment info differing from what the thread said or the resort not having as many rooms in one category as originally thought....ALL play havoc with a simple organization such as this. I say simple because it is essentially run by 2 people who are volunteers and deal with a HUGE volume of transactions.

So in the spirit of our diveclub please give us a chance to resolve this as best we can.

NOTE: If you wish to discuss this with us please send your comments and concerns to kamala@singledivers.com and I will do my best to respond when I retrn the 19th from Wakatobi. :)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users