• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

All time favourite songs

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

I have to go with anything from the fantastic 5-part harmony and dual lead guitars of BOSTON. Too bad their lead singer passed away last year - no other rocker has his pure vocals!

And believe it or not, the original line-up could pull that sound off in concert. One of the best concerts I ever saw was when they came to Houston in 1979 promoting their "Don't Look Back" album. Almost 30 years later, I still get chills thinking about it. It was a real shame when Brad Delp passed away last year.

I am a country music fan so I like anything by George Strait, Alan Jackson, or John Micheal Montgomery. However, the one song that really sticks to me is a rock song called "Stone in Love" by Journey. I love the guitar intro by Neal Schon.

Edited by Mitch0129, 09 July 2008 - 09:22 PM.

-Mitch-

#17 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

I have to go with anything from the fantastic 5-part harmony and dual lead guitars of BOSTON. Too bad their lead singer passed away last year - no other rocker has his pure vocals!

And believe it or not, the original line-up could pull that sound off in concert. One of the best concerts I ever saw was when they came to Houston in 1979 promoting their "Don't Look Back" album. Almost 30 years later, I still get chills thinking about it. It was a real shame when Brad Delp passed away last year.

I am a country music fan so I like anything by George Strait, Alan Jackson, or John Micheal Montgomery. However, the one song that really sticks to me is a rock song called "Stone in Love" by Journey. I love the guitar intro by Neal Schon.

I saw Boston on that tour in 1979, in El Paso, TX. Fantastic show! And another coincidence -- I have "Stone in Love" by Journey on my workout CD.......
Posted Image

#18 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

I saw Boston on that tour in 1979, in El Paso, TX. Fantastic show! And another coincidence -- I have "Stone in Love" by Journey on my workout CD.......

I did also see Boston when they played in Houston in '87. By then, only Delp and Tom Scholz remained from the original lineup but they had some good musicians playing with them.

I did recently see a TV special on VH1 where Boston did do a couple of songs with Micheal Sweet of Stryper singing the vocals. It was "More Than A Feeling" and "Peace of Mind" and Sweet did a really great job.
-Mitch-

#19 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

Am I the only Rod Stewart fan!!! I can't help it.......I love his songs!!!! :)

Also Lionel Richie - "Hello"

But I am just a country girl at heart.....Alan Jackson and George Strait :teeth:

HAd to try to load this on here.......don't know what I'm doing, so it may not work.

Edited by ScubaSis, 10 July 2008 - 07:27 AM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#20 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

I have music A.D.D. so it hard to narrow them down but I am going to go old school here with Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" and Buffalo Springfield's "What it's Worth"...
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#21 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Its really sad when most of your taste for music is as old as you. I prefer old school guitar work from the boss, clapton, santana, joe walsh, steve ray vaughn, and mark knoffler. Then groups like the eagles, CCR, Dire Straits, etc.

Edited by Scubatooth, 10 July 2008 - 09:43 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#22 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:06 AM

Am I the only Rod Stewart fan!!! I can't help it.......I love his songs!!!! :teeth:

I have nothing personal against Rod Stewart. It's just his voice that annoys me. :taz:

(Ditto for Stevie Nicks)

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 11 July 2008 - 08:07 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

I have many favorites, but this one popped into my head today - "Bad to the Bone" by fabulous George Thorogood!! It has been a theme song of mine in my head during many a situation!

Regarding the Rod Stewart discussion, I was very young when he was in his heyday I also remember the song "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" very well. Why you may ask? Let's just say that my older sister is basically the girl from the movie "The Bad Seed."

I was about 6 or 7 years old, without a clue what the lyrics meant, but I liked the sound of the song - it was catchy! Both of our grandmothers were over for brunch one Sunday after church and my sister says, "Hey...why don't you sing your favorite song for our grandmas?" I of course think this is an excellent idea and run up to my room to change into my gymnastics leotard to mimic Rod's spandex/lycra jumpstuits! I then proceed to prance down the stairs, which opened into our formal living room where both my grandmas and my Mom sit drinking tea,...singing the song and dancing...as Rod Stewart did... :birthday:

That could very well be the reason I attended so many church summer schools that year, Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Mennonite, no joke even a Mennonite summer school. :cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#24 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Regarding the Rod Stewart discussion, I was very young when he was in his heyday I also remember the song "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" very well. Why you may ask? Let's just say that my older sister is basically the girl from the movie "The Bad Seed."

I was about 6 or 7 years old, without a clue what the lyrics meant, but I liked the sound of the song - it was catchy! Both of our grandmothers were over for brunch one Sunday after church and my sister says, "Hey...why don't you sing your favorite song for our grandmas?" I of course think this is an excellent idea and run up to my room to change into my gymnastics leotard to mimic Rod's spandex/lycra jumpstuits! I then proceed to prance down the stairs, which opened into our formal living room where both my grandmas and my Mom sit drinking tea,...singing the song and dancing...as Rod Stewart did... :birthday:

That could very well be the reason I attended so many church summer schools that year, Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Mennonite, no joke even a Mennonite summer school. :birthday:

Oh that is just too funny!!!! :cool1:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#25 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

His album "Every Picture Tells a Story" was album of the year for 1972 (or at least I think it was '72).

Rick

:cool1:

#26 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

I grew up listening to Aerosmith, Elton John, Crosby Stills, Bad Co, Ted Nugent and Sammy Hagar etc..
But for the purpose of posting something I'm going with..

Artist
Three Doors Down
Title
Criptonite :cool1:

Bubs
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#27 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

I grew up listening to Aerosmith, Elton John, Crosby Stills, Bad Co, Ted Nugent and Sammy Hagar etc..
But for the purpose of posting something I'm going with..

Artist
Three Doors Down
Title
Criptonite :birthday:

Bubs

Hey dude, good choice of songs! Just one small detail, it is spelled Kryptonite :birthday:

Of course, the bands you mentioned above aren't shabby, I have even heard of a couple of them .... :cool1:
-Mitch-

#28 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

I have many favorites, but this one popped into my head today - "Bad to the Bone" by fabulous George Thorogood!! It has been a theme song of mine in my head during many a situation!

That could very well be the reason I attended so many church summer schools that year, Catholic, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and Mennonite, no joke even a Mennonite summer school. :birthday:

You know, this made think of one of The Knack's (anyone remember them?) songs .... "Good Girls Don't (But I Do)" :cool1:
-Mitch-

#29 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Mitch

Kryptonite

Try finding that word in spell check :diver:
I just heard a song from the Moody Blues tonight...
So I'm changing my mind....My Fav is....

Artist
B52s
Song Title
Rock Lobster :D

No No
Its
Artist
The Clash
Song Title
Rock The Casbar ( see I cant find casbar in spell check either)

Sometimes the Little River Band (Its been a long way Home) gets played on the Radio...then thats my Fav :)
CCR Rocks IMHO :-D

Bubs
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#30 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

Mitch

Kryptonite

Try finding that word in spell check :diver:
I just heard a song from the Moody Blues tonight...
So I'm changing my mind....My Fav is....

Artist
B52s
Song Title
Rock Lobster :D

No No
Its
Artist
The Clash
Song Title
Rock The Casbar ( see I cant find casbar in spell check either)

Sometimes the Little River Band (Its been a long way Home) gets played on the Radio...then thats my Fav :)
CCR Rocks IMHO :-D

Bubs

Bubski:

"Rock the Kasbah" is another good one, but I have to agree more with LRB -- saw them again a year ago and they put on a fantastic show, and they encourage you to sing along.....and everybody knows all the words to every song!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users