• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION: Aug 11-15, 2009 Coral Spawning Dry Tortugas!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

I guess I will have to leave my 10x10 inflatable Disco Dance :cool2: :cool1: Floor at home this time :birthday:

What!??! No Disco!!??!! :) Well, take my name off the interested list then!!! :birthday: :)
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#47 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

I guess I will have to leave my 10x10 inflatable Disco Dance :cool2: :cool1: Floor at home this time :birthday:

What!??! No Disco!!??!! :) Well, take my name off the interested list then!!! :birthday: :)

Babs....you could have Bubski ship the inflatable Disco Dance floor to you and then bring it in your car!!! :birthday: :birthday:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#48 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

I guess I will have to leave my 10x10 inflatable Disco Dance :) :cool2: Floor at home this time :)

An inflatable disco dance floor sounds pretty :cool1: !!! You would definitely be the hit of the party/trip!!!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

Also just wondering since im going to be hauling camera gear along (for topside i have a good idea), i was wondering for those that have been is the Dry Tortugas UW a macro or wide angle set up?

Tooth

It will be mostly wide angel...very similar to other parts of the Caribbean in that respect!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:01 AM

I just wanted to make sure you and everyone else knows, when flying into Key West you are only allowed 1 bag. You don't have the option of paying for the second bag, you only get to check one bag. Yes you get a carry on as well. Last year I almost had to dispose of some things, luckily I was able to condense my 2 bags into one, it ended up weighing 65lbs on the way to Key West, then with damp gear, 69 lbs, 70lbs is the cut off. It isn't a big deal, one bag should be enough. It is just much nicer to know ahead of time when you are packing at home, than when you show up to check your bags and don't have time to get back to your vehicle and the only way you will be able to get on the plane is to start throwing non essential things away.

Keith

Keith thank you soooooooooooo much for that update. I drove from NC so was not aware of this limitation. :canuckdiver:

p.s. I hope to have this trip posted soon for sign ups! I need to catchup from being gone for the past two weeks first plus that nasty think called 'jetlag' from 20+ hours of flying and 10+ hours of layovers. :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:41 PM

I just checked out the Spree website and noticed the May SingleDivers trip has a notation and link to the SD website for further information but not this one. Is the trip in May replacing the August Coral Spawning trip? I am definately interested in making one of the trips and will need to schedule work accordingly.
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#52 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

I just checked out the Spree website and noticed the May SingleDivers trip has a notation and link to the SD website for further information but not this one. Is the trip in May replacing the August Coral Spawning trip? I am definately interested in making one of the trips and will need to schedule work accordingly.

Hey scubagoddess,

I don't know why the Spree doesn't have a notation and link to the SD website for August...but both trips are happening as far as I know. I'd hoped to do at least one of them, but my school district has me start just a bit earlier than I want....(yet somehow I still want my paycheck! LOL!)

Hope you get to go in my place! :teeth: Heidi aka uwfan

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:18 AM

YES both trips are happening and you are free to send the Spree an email to info@spreeexpeditions.com to ask the question. Thank you! :teeth:

formerly...

#54 diverLynne

diverLynne

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:120+

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Yes its now official! We will have a 5 day Coral Spawning trip for 2009! It will be Aug 11-15th on the Spree in the Dry Tortugas!

We are the ONLY group booking for a Coral Spawning trip and this is the BIG SPAWN OF THE YEAR. (There is a smaller one right after Labor Day weekend.)

If you missed the Dry Tortugas trip in 08 you'll have a second chance to see this awesome diving just south of Key West. We can also arrange sightseeing in Key West and if interested we can arrange to dive on Mel Fisher's Atocha. Or we can set up some Keys Diving before/after the trip since this trip falls in the middle of the week. You can be part of a real recovery operation! (No you won't be able to keep anything you find but you may discover gold or other precious finds!)

Stay tuned for full details coming soon including booking incentives for making your deposit in 2008!

Interested:

Mike aka B2B
Beth aka Bubbles
Sandy aka ScubaPunk
Fred aka Clearvis
Ed aka Bowjunkie
Victoria aka TexasStarfish
Bob aka diverbOb
Jeff aka Sparky103
Barb aka DiverBabs
Keith aka Keitht4u
Chuck aka Hambergler
Cindi aka Scubagoddess
Belinda aka Damselfish
Dan aka Scubatooth
Lynne aka diverLynne

#55 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

Yes its now official! We will have a 5 day Coral Spawning trip for 2009! It will be Aug 11-15th on the Spree in the Dry Tortugas!

We are the ONLY group booking for a Coral Spawning trip and this is the BIG SPAWN OF THE YEAR. (There is a smaller one right after Labor Day weekend.)

If you missed the Dry Tortugas trip in 08 you'll have a second chance to see this awesome diving just south of Key West. We can also arrange sightseeing in Key West and if interested we can arrange to dive on Mel Fisher's Atocha. Or we can set up some Keys Diving before/after the trip since this trip falls in the middle of the week. You can be part of a real recovery operation! (No you won't be able to keep anything you find but you may discover gold or other precious finds!)

Stay tuned for full details coming soon including booking incentives for making your deposit in 2008!

Interested:

Mike aka B2B
Beth aka Bubbles
Sandy aka ScubaPunk
Fred aka Clearvis
Ed aka Bowjunkie
Victoria aka TexasStarfish
Bob aka diverbOb
Jeff aka Sparky103
Barb aka DiverBabs
Keith aka Keitht4u
Chuck aka Hambergler
Cindi aka Scubagoddess
Belinda aka Damselfish
Dan aka Scubatooth
Lynne aka diverLynne

I've added you to the interested list Lynne. This trip will be posted soon for official signup.

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

This trip is now open for booking by our premier and above members for 7 days until Jan 16th, 2009! To book this trip click HERE. If the link does not work for you then please upgrade to premier or above membership so you can book now or wait for general booking which will open up Jan 16th.

This trip will fill fast as it is a special booking...CORAL SPAWNING!

Discussions are underway to run a national advertising campaign for this trip so don't wait too long. Also it is my understanding that this is the ONLY year we'll be able to do a private charter for Coral Spawning...so join the fun and tell your friends!

Only 23 spots left! :respect:

formerly...

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

:cool1: WOW! 5 sign ups so far in 2.5 hours! :birthday:

At this rate the trip will be full in 12 hours! :wakawaka:

I know I know...but a gal can dream can't she!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#58 Yian

Yian

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance OW
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

Please add me in the interesting list as well. Thanks,

Yian

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

Please add me in the interesting list as well. Thanks,

Yian

Welcome! We will certainly add you to the INTERESTED in this trip list and the INTERESTING PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THIS TRIP LIST! :unsure:

It is open for booking and still has spots left but they are FORTUNATELY GOING FAST!!! :cheerleader:

It will be open for general membership booking the 16th or you can upgrade to a premeir member by clicking on MY CONTROLS then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left and choose paypal for instant membership upgrade or Postal for sending a check or to pay via credit card. If doing the latter please call me at 214-350-7003 and I can take your credit card info.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on this trip SOON! :sweetie:

formerly...

#60 ReefKat

ReefKat

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW + Nitrox; I have been diving since 1974.
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hi- Sent my deposit in 5 minutes ago, I would not miss this for the world. :clapping:
ReefKat
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. -- Joseph Campbell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users