• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION THREAD... June 20-27, 2009 BONAIRE SINGLES WEEK!

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

GREAT NEWS! This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING! Don't delay...you can save $100 off the price of the trip if you sign up and pay in full by Feb 9th...BUT ONLY PREMIER and ABOVE members can sign up for the next 7 days until Feb 7th! After that our basic members will be able to sign up and they will still have 2 days to save $100 off the price of the trip by paying in full! Click HERE* to sign up NOW!!!

*If the link does not work please consider upgrading to premier membership status. You'll get a $25 rebate after the trip if you file for it. You'll be able to book our trips as soon as we post them and not have to wait, and you'll be able to private message members, get discounts on dive gear, merchandise and other perks reserved for our premier members. Its only $35 a year and to upgrade go to MY CONTROLS then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options and then follow the prompts to pay via paypal or Post/Postal if paying by check. :birthday:

See you in BONAIRE!!!

Stay tuned...

The full trip details will be posted soon and you can start signing up for this SELL OUT TRIP! Next year we expect to FILL THE RESORT!

The dates are June 20-27th with LOTS of flexibility for adding on extra days of shorediving only, doing a shorediving ONLY pkg as well as our standard gold offering of 3 Boat Dives DAILY package we did this year!

We will also be offering technical classes and hope to have all the details finalized soon. So if you want go to the next level in your diving then this will be a perfect chance to do this training in WARM, CLEAR, BEAUTIFUL WATER!!!

Courses to be offered will be Advanced Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Extended Range*. (If you plan to do the tech offering please be aware that MANY of your dives will be focused on training although we'll try to intermingle some of your dives with the rest of the group...your focus will be TRAINING. But oh what cool training it will be.)

So save the date...details coming soon PLUS booking incentives for signing up in 2008! :thankyou:

October BONAIRE UPDATE:

Hey girl! Welcome! I've been traveling on our last trip so haven't had a chance to finalize all the details for this trip. However I should have it done soon.

Here is what I do know:

1. The price for the base pkg will be the SAME price as last year IF you sign up and deposit in 2008. (That is $1237 d/o or $1704 s/o) If you sign up and deposit in 2009 the price will be $100 more per person regardless of whether s/o or d/o. )

2. To get a feel for what the basic trip will include etc please read the details on the 2008 trip found here: http://www.singlediv...showtopic=14595

3. We will have a tech option for those interested in doing their technical training and/or doing some technical diving.

4. We will allow extra days before the trip and after the trip. We will help you find suitable roommates for these extra days but can't guarantee a same sex roommate or even a roommate at all for any extra days. However most people will be doing extra days so the sooner you sign up the more likely you'll have roomies for any extra days.

5. We will be offering a shorediving ONLY option on this trip rather than just the 'luxury 3 boat dives daily' option we offered last year just in case you prefer this option. And we will offer a 3 day shorediving add-on for the tech students as well as others interested in that add-on. This allows you to enjoy Bonaire to its fullest experience!

6. Once the final details are posted (just like we did in the 2008 posting link above) you'll be allowed to book your spot on this sell out trip. As I mentioned before I will have that done soon. If you want to get your airfare you can now for the dates you want. The pkg dates of June 20-27 will NOT change and the daily rates will be slightly more than the 2008 rates so you know basically how much it will cost. We will have most of the resort so with 70+ spots it won't sell out before the end of 2008 so you have some breathing room to save for deposits and get your air etc.

I hope this helps everyone interested in this trip. Kamala

OCTOBER UPDATE FROM DEMA ON OMAR:

Omar surprised everyone and caught most of the island off guard. I spoke with the resort and DIVERS actually there at Divi during Omar and here is what they told me.

1. One of the boats did wash up on shore so the Dive Manager did not make DEMA in order to ensure the boat is operational again soon. (I had hoped to finalize a few details for our tech portion of the trip so they will be delayed a bit in light of the current situation.)
2. The resort was able to empty to dive lockers and pull tanks before they were swept into the sea. (This means they will have brand new dive lockers for us.)
3. Some of the rooms took some flooding so they will all be redone in the next few weeks or so in order to be ready for high season.
4. The storm was odd in that it did not do extensive damage to the reef but it did deposit some sand hence the request to have divers help fan it off.
5. The 'wild side of the island' was calm and many divers dove it seeing unimaginable sized sea fans, marine life and basically what Bonaire must of looked like when it was discovered as a diving mecca.

The resort is confident it will have everything back to normal soon and certainly many months before our trip. They see no long term damage to the resort and Larry of Larry's Wildside Diving wants to know who wants to dive with him? If we tell him early we can have the am departure vs the afternoon departure. Just let me know. He takes 10 divers and it can be a bit bouncy but shy of a hurricane...you'll only see this type of diving by earning it! LOL!

*It seems that several of you (fingrabber & scubatooth) have approached Bill aka OTWDiver to finish Dan's deco procedures and do your Extended Range classes. He has agreed and will work out the details with the resort to facilitate these classes. Several others have requested similar courses so please let us know if you have any interest in these classes. Only a limited number of students will be able to take the class which we'll post as well as prereqs etc. :bam:

Those who are interested in this trip:

1. Scott aka Cmdr Clownfish
2. Carlos aka CJ Dives
3. Jenn aka Scuba_Girl05
4. Mark aka DiveGeek
5. Kim aka Fingrabber
6. Belinda aka Damselfish
7. Jim aka ScienceTeacher
8. Chris aka BoomerNJ
9. Victoria aka TexasStarfish
10. Gayle aka Scuba dew
11. George aka Georoc01
12. Phil aka Fishwatcher
13. Nesher aka Nesher
14. Den aka DiverDen
15. Carla aka Rkymtwy
16. Sandy aka ScubaPunk
17. Lynne aka diverLynne
18. Dan aka Scubatooth
19. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
20. Paula aka TravelGal
21. Ellen aka TCDamsel
22. Scott aka drifter
23. Grace aka nobodyelsehasthis
24. Rick aka Ricochet
25. Tom aka TDTexas
26. Sam aka BeachJunkie
27. Heidi aka uwfan
28. Victoria aka Victoria
29. Sherrie aka Sherr752
30. Carol aka SandiegoCarol
31. Ed aka Bowjunkie
32. Scott aka GentDiver
33. FLscubagirl
34. Sharon aka scubamama78
35. Gary aka Harleyguy1963

Edited by WreckWench, 08 February 2009 - 04:23 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

As you know, I'm in for Extended Range

'Tooth and I plan to have the academics done before we get to Bonaire and then we only have to worry about doing our training dives.

this will be fun!!

#3 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Put me on the list! ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:24 AM

Put me on the list! ~ D

Awesome girl!

You'll be able to start signing up before the end of the month! Just need to get the details up and officially open up the trip! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 scienceteacher

scienceteacher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox with Decompression diving for Bikini Atoll 192' 70% oxygen blow out dives.
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

BONAIRE IS A GO, FOR EASTER! MARCH 24-APRIL 3!

IF I DON'T ROUND UP SOME FRIENDS HERE, & AMERICAN SAYS WE MOVE, I GUESS I WILL BE ON THIS SHIP.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

I CAN HEAR MY NEW WETSUIT SOBBING IN THE BAG!

LET ME OUT! WATER, WATER, I NEED WATER!

SALT WATER!

I DON'T KNOW IF MY NEW GEAR CAN WAIT ANOTHER 3-MONTHS!

IT WAS READY FOR THIS JULY, BUT THE AIR MILES WERE A NO GO THEN!

:wakawaka: EASTER IN BONAIRE ANYONE? THINK ABOUT IT, ITS 3-MONTHS SOONER AND YOUR GEAR WILL BE REALLY HAPPY BACK IN THE WATER OF BONAIRE!

SCIENCETEACHER!
LAS VEGAS!

#6 scienceteacher

scienceteacher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox with Decompression diving for Bikini Atoll 192' 70% oxygen blow out dives.

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

NO AIR MILES AVAILABLE FOR JUNE UNLESS I WANT TO STAY A MONTH!

MY GEAR WOULD LOVE THAT, BUT NOT MY WALLET!

BONAIRE ARRIVING MARCH 24 DEPARTING APRIL 3RD!

WE ARE A GO! NOW TO LOCATE A LOCATION! FRIENDS OR BUDDIES EASTER VACATION IS CALLING ANYONE READY! :wakawaka: :cool1:

#7 scienceteacher

scienceteacher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

DON'T REALLY KNOW IF BONAIRE IS FOR YOU?

I JUST FOUND THE ULTIMATE DECISION MAKER!

YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT BONAIRE WEB CAMS .COM

LIVE PICTURES ABOVE AND BELOW THE WATER!

LET LIVE TV FEED MAKE YOUR DECISION!

IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT OVER EASTER, GO IN JUNE!

I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT, OR I'LL WAVE TO YOU ON ONE OF THE UNDERWATER WEB CAMS, WHILE YOU ARE SITTING AT HOME PLAYING WITH EASTER EGGS!

ME, I WILL BE CRACKING OPEN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE ON THE BEACH WATCHING THE SUNSET!

TEN DAYS IN PARADISE COMPARED TO THIS WASTE LAND OF HOTELS IN LAS VEGAS!

BE THERE DO IT!

LADIES LEAVE THAT EASTER BUNNY ALONE AND MEET ME ON THE BEACH!

THE FIRST ROUND OF CHAMPAGNE IS ON ME!

MAKE THIS TRIP!

CARE TO DANCE!

TANGO & SALSA LESSONS? :P :cheerleader: :teeth:

#8 BoomerNJ

BoomerNJ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW!!
  • Logged Dives:23

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am interested! Put me on the list too!!! It would be great if we could get an intro to tech or GUE Fundies squeezed in there too! (I know, Noobies should been seen & not heard... :P lol...)

Edited by BoomerNJ, 26 August 2008 - 03:55 PM.

"The Sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides." -Jules Verne

“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” -Jack London

#9 scienceteacher

scienceteacher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

REASONS TO GO TO BONAIRE??????

MEMBERS! TELL THE GROUP AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE, THIS LIST MAY FILL UP FAST AND YOU GUYS & GALS COULD GET A BETTER RATE!

HAY, WHAT BETTER REASON TO GO!!

A DISCOUNT SALE!

BONAIRE IS ON SALE!

LADIES IT'S ON SALE!!!

HURRY! ITS ON SALE!

SO, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SPOTS TO DIVE? OFF LAND? OFF A BOAT?

RESTAURANTS TO EAT? AND WHAT TO EAT?

TO STAY! BEST BOAT OPERATOR?

YOU LIST THEM & I'LL PERSONALLY CHECK THEM OUT DURING MY 10-DAYS IN MARCH!

I'LL EVEN WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR MY NEWSLETTER "COOL TRAVEL NEWS" THE BEST OF BONAIRE :cheerleader: :P :teeth:

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

I am interested! Put me on the list too!!! It would be great if we could get an intro to tech or GUE Fundies squeezed in there too! (I know, Noobies should been seen & not heard... :wakawaka: lol...)

We ARE planning some tech classes. Now is a good time to express any interest in what you'd like. Anyone else want an intro to tech class? Not sure we can do a GUE class but most of the fundies are the same from tech agency to tech agency. Trim is trim. Valve drills are valve drills and holding stops are the same regardless.

formerly...

#11 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:27 AM

Kamala,
I'd be interested. It depends on how much tech work I get done before the trip. As of right now, my tech plans have been put on hold. And obviously you can add me to interested for the trip.

:wakawaka:

#12 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

BONAIRE IS A GO, FOR EASTER! MARCH 24-APRIL 3!

IF I DON'T ROUND UP SOME FRIENDS HERE, & AMERICAN SAYS WE MOVE, I GUESS I WILL BE ON THIS SHIP.

I CAN HEAR MY NEW WETSUIT SOBBING IN THE BAG!

LET ME OUT! WATER, WATER, I NEED WATER!

SALT WATER!

I DON'T KNOW IF MY NEW GEAR CAN WAIT ANOTHER 3-MONTHS!

IT WAS READY FOR THIS JULY, BUT THE AIR MILES WERE A NO GO THEN!

:teeth: EASTER IN BONAIRE ANYONE? THINK ABOUT IT, ITS 3-MONTHS SOONER AND YOUR GEAR WILL BE REALLY HAPPY BACK IN THE WATER OF BONAIRE!

SCIENCETEACHER!
LAS VEGAS!

NO AIR MILES AVAILABLE FOR JUNE UNLESS I WANT TO STAY A MONTH!

MY GEAR WOULD LOVE THAT, BUT NOT MY WALLET!

BONAIRE ARRIVING MARCH 24 DEPARTING APRIL 3RD!

WE ARE A GO! NOW TO LOCATE A LOCATION! FRIENDS OR BUDDIES EASTER VACATION IS CALLING ANYONE READY! :teeth: :wub:

DON'T REALLY KNOW IF BONAIRE IS FOR YOU?

I JUST FOUND THE ULTIMATE DECISION MAKER!

YOU HAVE GOT TO CHECK OUT BONAIRE WEB CAMS .COM

LIVE PICTURES ABOVE AND BELOW THE WATER!

LET LIVE TV FEED MAKE YOUR DECISION!

IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT OVER EASTER, GO IN JUNE!

I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT, OR I'LL WAVE TO YOU ON ONE OF THE UNDERWATER WEB CAMS, WHILE YOU ARE SITTING AT HOME PLAYING WITH EASTER EGGS!

ME, I WILL BE CRACKING OPEN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE ON THE BEACH WATCHING THE SUNSET!

TEN DAYS IN PARADISE COMPARED TO THIS WASTE LAND OF HOTELS IN LAS VEGAS!

BE THERE DO IT!

LADIES LEAVE THAT EASTER BUNNY ALONE AND MEET ME ON THE BEACH!

THE FIRST ROUND OF CHAMPAGNE IS ON ME!

MAKE THIS TRIP!

CARE TO DANCE!

TANGO & SALSA LESSONS? :) :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

REASONS TO GO TO BONAIRE??????

MEMBERS! TELL THE GROUP AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE, THIS LIST MAY FILL UP FAST AND YOU GUYS & GALS COULD GET A BETTER RATE!

HAY, WHAT BETTER REASON TO GO!!

A DISCOUNT SALE!

BONAIRE IS ON SALE!

LADIES IT'S ON SALE!!!

HURRY! ITS ON SALE!

SO, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SPOTS TO DIVE? OFF LAND? OFF A BOAT?

RESTAURANTS TO EAT? AND WHAT TO EAT?

TO STAY! BEST BOAT OPERATOR?

YOU LIST THEM & I'LL PERSONALLY CHECK THEM OUT DURING MY 10-DAYS IN MARCH!

I'LL EVEN WRITE AN ARTICLE FOR MY NEWSLETTER "COOL TRAVEL NEWS" THE BEST OF BONAIRE :cool2: :wakawaka: :cool1:

No need to yell we hear you! :teeth: :teeth:
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#13 scienceteacher

scienceteacher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

If you haven't been to Bonaire or want to see the current sea life now, I just found some great pictures and a very nice trip review from an August 16-23, 2008 trip, on Discussion Groups, Bonaire Talk, Trip Reports by Deborah Campbell.

Excellent quality photos of some nice sea life.

If you can't find it write me and I will send you the direct link. :birthday: :teeth: :birthday:

#14 Scuba dew

Scuba dew

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver and dive at Flw Garden/Cozumel & Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:276

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hi Kamala,

Well this would be my 4th year in a row for Bonaire if I go. I love the place, and was glad to hear you have a shore diving only package. My favorite dive sites include Karpata, Ole Blue, 1000 steps, Oil Slick Leap, Alice in Wonderland, Salt Pier, Salt City, Andrea I & II. Golly just about all of them are my favorites! :teeth:

I guess you could say I'm interested. The time slot of June 20 to June 27th is good for me too, since tax season would be out of the way. Last year May was still pretty buzy.

Have you thought about any Fling trips next year? I'd surely be interested in that also.

Gayle

#15 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

As we have discussed previously, I am interested in doing my deco procedures and advanced nitrox next year. Right now I have an offer to do it elsewhere as part of a 10 day class, so I would be doing a two week trip. Class is $1200, all equipment rentals & fills are $200 and the hotel for the two weeks is $600..So I am looking at about $2200 for the two weeks + air and meals.

Given the difficulties of flying midweek, I am wondering if a two week option makes sense for this as well. What kind of rate could we get for that?

Edited by georoc01, 08 September 2008 - 03:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users