• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Redundant/Extra Diving Gear on a Dive

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

A Pony would turn this emergency into an inconvenience...

So would a decent buddy.

That notwithstanding, a HP hose rupture is hardly an emergency. I'd wager you could ascend casually from 90 ft, do a half depth stop, do a full safety stop, and ascend to the surface normally, if you had done reasonable gas planning in the first place. I did 90 minutes in the pool this week on an AL80 with a faulty HP hose. It's just not that big a deal.

While I was in Roatan, my DM blew his HP hose at the start of the dive. I went up and asked if he was ok and he still did the entire 40 minute dive and got back on the boat with 1000 PSI, all the time watching all this air escape out his hose.

#47 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

A pony bottle of 30ft3 or 40ft3 with 50%, an O2 bottle at 15ft if doing deco or diving more than 110ft or a sling. I cant afford a second triple gas computer, but would prefer a backup for the longer deco dives.
I guess if i am traveling and cant take my tanks and pony, I will just have to grind my teeth and put and adaptor on my reg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users