• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

03: BTS NJ/NY Consumer Dive Show March 27-29, 2009

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#46 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

For fear of being deleted :diver: - I didn't see which night is the Happy Hour, or is it every night?

I vote for every night :teeth:

#47 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'll try to make it one of those days, either Fri. or Sat. depending ony schedule.

I'll know more closer to the dates.....

S

Here we are in Jan 09 !! i can come help out on either 27th or 28th.... so lemme know what you need!

Oh, and depending how late HH goes I 'd love to try to get to that too..... I just gotta get a bus back to Manhattan before too too too late!
s

Edited by susiq, 05 January 2009 - 08:11 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#48 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

I'll try to make it one of those days, either Fri. or Sat. depending ony schedule.

I'll know more closer to the dates.....

S

Here we are in Jan 09 !! i can come help out on either 27th or 28th.... so lemme know what you need!

Oh, and depending how late HH goes I 'd love to try to get to that too..... I just gotta get a bus back to Manhattan before too too too late!
s

Awesome! :diver: I put you on the list. We will get a schedule together soon and get all the details nailed down. This is going to be a great show! :teeth:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

First off thank you ALL for offering to help. This is one of our BIGGEST shows and we have landed a creme'd la'creme spot on the show floor this year in exchange for the FIRST CLASS help we give BTS. This is unheard of and is precedence setting AND its the FIRST YEAR we've done it.

That means we'll need more help than in the past BUT we will get better quality jobs and we won't lose so much time in between 'helping gigs'. :diver:

We usually do our Happy Hour on Saturday so we can advertise the show to possible new members AND because the first night is not as heavily attended with people nor is Sunday the breakdown night which is a ZOO!!!

Also Friday the show runs from 6pm to 9pm so there isn't much time for a HH on that night....so the HH will need to remain on Saturday but I'll have Bruce in the booth with us and/or wherever he is needed! :teeth:

Susie you can leave whenever you like...we start fairly early and go until no one else is there! :D

And yes Bob aka pir8 is right...

Usually Sat Night, before the Film Festival!
Then dinner on Sun after the show

What we do on Sunday is we LEAVE the zoo of breakdown and go and eat and then come back and pack up when everyone else is trying to find a place to eat and is done already. Actually it only takes about 20 minutes to break the SD booth down but we snag OTWDiver from OMS and the SDer's then go and have dinner so the volunteers can get on the road and we have our last farewell. This is about the same time that you would normally do a HH so ANY SDer is welcome to join us. We just need to know about how many so we can get tables and reservations. Usually the latter is NOT a problem since the industry folks are still breaking down their booth and the restaurants still have tables. By the time we are finished the restaurants are PACKED.

We will also set up a special forum for the helpers so we can organize jobs, work schedules etc. Be looking for that in the next week or so.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

First off thank you ALL for offering to help. This is one of our BIGGEST shows and we have landed a creme'd la'creme spot on the show floor this year in exchange for the FIRST CLASS help we give BTS. This is unheard of and is precedence setting AND its the FIRST YEAR we've done it.

That means we'll need more help than in the past BUT we will get better quality jobs and we won't lose so much time in between 'helping gigs'. :cool1:

We usually do our Happy Hour on Saturday so we can advertise the show to possible new members AND because the first night is not as heavily attended with people nor is Sunday the breakdown night which is a ZOO!!!

Also Friday the show runs from 6pm to 9pm so there isn't much time for a HH on that night....so the HH will need to remain on Saturday but I'll have Bruce in the booth with us and/or wherever he is needed! :respect:

Susie you can leave whenever you like...we start fairly early and go until no one else is there! :teeth:

And yes Bob aka pir8 is right...

Usually Sat Night, before the Film Festival!
Then dinner on Sun after the show

What we do on Sunday is we LEAVE the zoo of breakdown and go and eat and then come back and pack up when everyone else is trying to find a place to eat and is done already. Actually it only takes about 20 minutes to break the SD booth down but we snag OTWDiver from OMS and the SDer's then go and have dinner so the volunteers can get on the road and we have our last farewell. This is about the same time that you would normally do a HH so ANY SDer is welcome to join us. We just need to know about how many so we can get tables and reservations. Usually the latter is NOT a problem since the industry folks are still breaking down their booth and the restaurants still have tables. By the time we are finished the restaurants are PACKED.

We will also set up a special forum for the helpers so we can organize jobs, work schedules etc. Be looking for that in the next week or so.

Wow, the way you've outlined it all is great. It sounds like I DEFINITELY want to volunteer for Sat. so I can stay longer, hang with you guys at the HH and find my way home..... hope I can! Congrats for the BEST Spot in the HOUSE! :cool1:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:36 AM

Wow, the way you've outlined it all is great. It sounds like I DEFINITELY want to volunteer for Sat. so I can stay longer, hang with you guys at the HH and find my way home..... hope I can! Congrats for the BEST Spot in the HOUSE! :respect:

We will need help on Sunday too...but fortunately we get a lot of peeps that want to do the dinner thing vs the drink thing so they opt for Sunday. In essense we have 2 Happy Mulit-Hours anyway...just ask those who have attended both...each are great in their own way!

Thanks for all the help! You know from previous shows we need a lot of hours for BTS in exchange for a reduced rate on the booth. (Normally they are $1200 or more...haven't checked how much they are this year) and so by the time we pay for our reduced rate, hotel, food, some snacks at the Happy Hour, airfare, materials, parking etc we have well exceeded that cost just in hard cash.

However we get awesome members like Lattitude Adjustment, drckw, Sassi, Susiq, Sparky103, pir8, tolly just to name a few! I've lost count of how many members we've gotten because of this show! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#52 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Wow, the way you've outlined it all is great. It sounds like I DEFINITELY want to volunteer for Sat. so I can stay longer, hang with you guys at the HH and find my way home..... hope I can! Congrats for the BEST Spot in the HOUSE! :cool1:

We will need help on Sunday too...but fortunately we get a lot of peeps that want to do the dinner thing vs the drink thing so they opt for Sunday. In essense we have 2 Happy Mulit-Hours anyway...just ask those who have attended both...each are great in their own way!

Thanks for all the help! You know from previous shows we need a lot of hours for BTS in exchange for a reduced rate on the booth. (Normally they are $1200 or more...haven't checked how much they are this year) and so by the time we pay for our reduced rate, hotel, food, some snacks at the Happy Hour, airfare, materials, parking etc we have well exceeded that cost just in hard cash.

However we get awesome members like Lattitude Adjustment, drckw, Sassi, Susiq, Sparky103, pir8, tolly just to name a few! I've lost count of how many members we've gotten because of this show! :cool1:

PS Just wanted to mention that, because of my schedule, Sunday is never an option, unfortunately :teeth: the last two years I came on Friday, so this year I thought I'd try Saturday, just for a change..... I'd offer someone a free place to stay in Manhattan, but I'm sure coming from out of town, no one would want to miss a second of the crazy fun! But the offer stands, if anyone wants to crash on my couch. Anyway, it'll be great on all 3 days, I' m sure... and I do look forward to it. :respect:

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

PS Just wanted to mention that, because of my schedule, Sunday is never an option, unfortunately :teeth: the last two years I came on Friday, so this year I thought I'd try Saturday, just for a change..... I'd offer someone a free place to stay in Manhattan, but I'm sure coming from out of town, no one would want to miss a second of the crazy fun! But the offer stands, if anyone wants to crash on my couch. Anyway, it'll be great on all 3 days, I' m sure... and I do look forward to it. :respect:

Suhweet my dear! And we'd rather have you all day Saturday and Saturday evening than just Friday night! :cool1:

And I'm sure someone might love the couch invite...hotels are pretty pricey where you live! :cool1:

formerly...

#54 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Got you down! :cool1: I wish I could join you guys - I expect to hear lots of great stories!! :cool1:

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Got you down! :teeth: I wish I could join you guys - I expect to hear lots of great stories!! :cool1:

:respect: DiverDeb...you rock! :cool1:

formerly...

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Update from Dan aka Scubatooth:

Ok just spoke with Dan. He can fly in Friday am or Thursday afternoon/pm since our group supplies a lot of help on Friday...a day typically difficult for regular BTS volunteers to help on.

Here is the quandary...

1. If he flies in on Thursday he is available to help all day Friday and that will help whittle our hours down a lot. However he'll need a place to crash on Thursday night...so does anyone have a couch available that could swing him by the show on Friday am to drop him off. (I'm pretty sure he can get picked up at the airport if he flies with me on Thursday so that's not an issue.)

2. If he flies early on Friday he can arrive around 9am which is still very early and he won't need a place to stay on Thursday...but he will need a ride from the airport to the show as by then OTWDiver and myself will be deeply involved in booth set up and helping the show.

He is flexible either way so if anyone can lend a hand...that would be awesome and he can book his tickets! :respect:

formerly...

#57 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

My Saturday may be questionable now as I may be forced to take a Sat. class. I will confirm or deny that as soon as I can. Regardless I will be there Fri. AM to bank those pre-show hours.
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

My Saturday may be questionable now as I may be forced to take a Sat. class. I will confirm or deny that as soon as I can. Regardless I will be there Fri. AM to bank those pre-show hours.

AWESOME! Keep us posted and Deb will get the master list updated! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#59 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

Wonderful!! If you have to take a class Sat., maybe you can still join everyone for HH! :wakawaka:

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Can anyone help out ScubaTooth???

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users