• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Colorado Happy Hour?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Just got word you all are having HH, I will be in attendance, with toys in tow.
Kathy
aka little mermaid

P.S. Ms T just talked to your dad, don't be dissing him. But there are plenty of hotels nearby.

#32 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

I stopped by the Dive Lounge last night. I talked to the bartender Eric and he promised to take care of us with the Toys for Tots drive. Not sure exactly what that means, but he is going to talk to his boss today.

For those that haven't been there, its just south of the REI flagship store just east of I25.

There are two entrances. The main entrance is up front and you have to pay admission to go in there. If you head over to the side entrance, that is where the resturant, lounge and gift shop are. You enter in the gift shop. Just continue forward and you will be in the bar. I am going to try and get the area on the right next to the piano.

Last night it was very quiet. I don't know what a Saturday night will be like. See you all there!

#33 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Woohoo ,I'm heading that way around 8 in the am with the GF see ya'll there :cool2:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#34 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:15 AM

Woohoo ,I'm heading that way around 8 in the am with the GF see ya'll there :teeth:

Great to see everyone tonight, especially our men and women in uniform who came down to collect the toys. I hope to post some pix soon.

Great to see Neptuner's CD finished! Look forward to adding it to my Ipod!

#35 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hiya all , any plans for a HH in the near future ? :cool1:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#36 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'd be happy to work with someone (Heidi?), to blast out an email to all Colorado members, if ya'll can decide on a date. Also, if you choose a date 45-60 days out in the future, we can advertise in some magazines for free!

We can get our first Operation Care & Share packages out of Colorado at your next HH, too. :cool1:
Posted Image

#37 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

if ya'll can decide on a date.

I'll be in Denver from March 23-30, more or less. It will be busy since I'll be there for a big professional convention, but I should be able to sneak away if the event takes place nearby (and of course during that week).

Q.
Come dive with me in Thailand!

#38 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

A possible international HH in Denver! :lmao: Let's see, it's a quick flight on Southwest from Kansas City..... :cool1:

Quero, do you have your convention itinerary yet? If so, let us know the best dates you can "sneak out", and we'll toss them out to everyone to see if that will work for them. Typically Friday or Saturday works best for most people here.....hopefully that will work!
Posted Image

#39 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

My thoughts exactly LLDN! Would either the 27th or the 28th work for you Quero? (That's Fri and Sat by my calculations.) Let us know and we'll see what we can do ... I'm even up for driving out to one of the ski resorts for some skiing during the day and then stopping nearby for a HH "just off the slopes". My car is small, but I imagine we could sort it out. :cool1:

#40 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

My thoughts exactly LLDN! Would either the 27th or the 28th work for you Quero? (That's Fri and Sat by my calculations.) Let us know and we'll see what we can do ... I'm even up for driving out to one of the ski resorts for some skiing during the day and then stopping nearby for a HH "just off the slopes". My car is small, but I imagine we could sort it out. :cool1:

I'm checking the schedule as I type this... there's a reception on Friday evening, 27th already, but so far the 28th looks clear (barring some emergency meeting). I'll be leaving on the 29th. Keep in mind that I won't have any transportation, so something within easy walking distance of the Sheraton on the 16th St. Pedestrian Mall, downtown, and the Convention Center (by that time of the week my feet will be killing me, so please don't make me go far--I'm more used to fins than shoes these days).
Come dive with me in Thailand!

#41 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

Okay, Colorado SDers...weigh in, how does Saturday March 28th sound for a Colorado Happy Hour? Any suggestions for places? We could do something along the 16th street mall downtown, or elsewhere - I'd be happy to pick up Quero and be transportation for our out of town guest. Let me know what the rest of you think, is this a day people can do? (And if so, I can use ALL the help I can get for a place for the HH... :cool1: ). Thanks everyone, and post away!

#42 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:57 AM

Right now I have the 28th open and would love to visit with Miss Marcia again as well as my local Dive Buddies, so count me in.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#43 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:18 AM

How can I refuse now that Pup has confirmed?? :lmao: If I fly in, will someone pick me up at the airport & give me a couch to crash on? I do dishes! :taz:

That makes 4 of us so far for March 28th.....that's a HH right there! We'll grow the list of participants, but it sounds like it's pulling together.
Posted Image

#44 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

I may be able to stop in for a while, a friend of mine is headline a mixed martial arts fight card here in Denver that night.

From the sheraton, Earls is probably closest, if you wanted to come a little further west, there is a Rock bottom at 16th and Curtis that validates parking on wknds. The Paramount and Bayou Bobs are along in that area too. The advantage of latter is that unless there is a concert that night it that its fairly quiet compared to the others in that area.

#45 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

I was going to try to make the next Colorado HH, but wouldn't you know it, I have a condo in Vail that week and will be up in the mountains skiing.

I'll keep a look out for future dates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users