• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

02: Eastern PR & St Croix Nekton Pilot Valentines Special Feb 14-21

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#211 Flipper290

Flipper290

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Advanced / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>125

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Sandra

I will be arriving on the 13th also, about 7:30pm, I will be staying at The Fajardo Inn. The crew from the Nekton told me it was about 5 - 10 min from the dock.
The Hotel web site is www.fajardoinn.com. If you will be staying close by drinks and dinner soung fine with me.

Hi there,

That would be cool! I'm still trying to figure out where to stay. Would you mind contacting me on my personal email Moderator Edit so we could hash out the details? I would also like to know if you've done any research about the town and stuff to do. Guess I don't have the membership level to contact you here at this site. Thanks!

Please no personal email addresses in posts. Thank you Site Policy & Guidelines

Please upgrade...you'll get $25 back and you have a SAFE way to communicate with other members. It's easy...and it helps us to offer these great trips...priceless!

How do I sign up and do I get the credit back on this trip?

#212 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

Sandra

I will be arriving on the 13th also, about 7:30pm, I will be staying at The Fajardo Inn. The crew from the Nekton told me it was about 5 - 10 min from the dock.
The Hotel web site is www.fajardoinn.com. If you will be staying close by drinks and dinner soung fine with me.

Hi there,

That would be cool! I'm still trying to figure out where to stay. Would you mind contacting me on my personal email Moderator Edit so we could hash out the details? I would also like to know if you've done any research about the town and stuff to do. Guess I don't have the membership level to contact you here at this site. Thanks!

Please no personal email addresses in posts. Thank you Site Policy & Guidelines

Please upgrade...you'll get $25 back and you have a SAFE way to communicate with other members. It's easy...and it helps us to offer these great trips...priceless!

How do I sign up and do I get the credit back on this trip?

Click on "My Controls", then click on "Paid Subscriptions" in the column on the left. Choose Premier Member.

After the trip is over, fill out the rebate form and send it in for a $25.00 rebate. The rebate forms can be found with the rest of the trip documents by clicking on the link in my signature line. That is also where you will find the Trip Survey and the Medical Release Waiver. Let me know if you have any trouble. Thanks

#213 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Those wanting to Dive A Cochran for DAN Research for FREE and chance at great deal if buying one!:

I, lars2923 will dive a Cochran...
MCM007, Mike will dive a Cochran (They need to experiment with this dude)

I'd like to sign up for that too. How do I do that?

Sandra

Diverdeb has you on the list. You'll be able to use a state of the art Cochran multi-gas computer (of coures we'll only be using one nitrox blend but its capable of doing 2 or 3) and your dives will count towards DAN PDE support where DAN is wanting to collect 1 million dives of REAL PEOPLE vs just Navy Seals! :lmao:

Basically you wear the computer and at the end you'll give us some info about you and we'll tie that to the dives and that's it! Its simple, helps DAN and its fun! Plus you get to use an AWESOME computer while you are at it! :lmao:

Thanks for getting me on list but I didn't sign up for the Nitrox. Does it have to be Nitrox?

No problem. WW will just set the computer to dive air for you. :fish:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#214 mcm007

mcm007

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Diver
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

HELPFUL HINT FOR First Time Nekton - eers.. I have been on Both of their boat s the Pilot and the Rorqual. This will be my fourth ( WOO-HOO) trip..

Sorry I've been so busy at work, but I will try to throw a few notes and observations..

Bring sandals / flip flops that you will NOT stub your toes on or slip out of. This is a dive boat in the middle of the ocean, so things tend to get a little "slippery when wet" so to speak.

Dont "RUSH" ! We are all on vacation. There is no rush to choke down breakfast to be the first on the dive deck.. we all dive when the "pool is ipen " which is basically most of the day.

By the end of the week, you will have the relaxed and satisfying feeling.

Divers, I have found for the most part, are some of the most outgoing people i know. There will be many stories and laughs shared and the most awesome diving experience. Eat , dive , sleep, not necessarily in that order.

REMEMBER : YOU WILL BE OUT TO SEA FOR A WEEK. There are no convienience or liquor stores in the open sea. I like to drink beer.. If you like to drink beer / wine / liqour, please bring enough for yourself + extra. Everyday is a vacation day. The boat has a big cooler on deck that you can keep cold beverages chilled.

It may get a little breezy or chilly at night , bring a snuggie or jacket.. dont forget the basics, sunscreen, hats, shades, backup mask..

If you have any nekton related questions, feel free to message me.

SEA U SOON !

#215 mcm007

mcm007

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Diver
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:35 AM

I forgot, if you have dvd movies (no , not that kind Lars) that you think a group would like, please bring.. We have presentations after dinner, picture viewing , then movie time.

#216 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

Payment Update:

1. Leah aka gugglyfish ww got your final payment for $785 via check by fax for fees, Rent-A-Buddy etc. :o

Document Update:

1. Colleen aka lileire: Received your Nekon Forms. :banghead:
Please make sure you also send them to Nekon.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 13 January 2009 - 06:54 PM.

#217 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

WHY IS YOUR SURVEY SO IMPORTANT???

The typical way you are roomed on a liveaboard is girl with girl and guy with guy. Each room is filled until the boat is filled. That's it. No way to know if the person smokes, snores, parties late/loud, likes the room like an icebox, etc.

However the SingleDivers.com survey helps us know these things about you and if they are pluses or minues. That way we can help to pair you up with the most compatible roommate that we can! And while its not a perfect system, its works MUCH BETTER than random assignments and we can easily make room changes once we are on the boat if we need too. (This definately isn't done otherwise!)

So PLEASE :unsure: PLEASE :cloud9: PLEASE send us your rooming profile or else we will have to room you with the LEFTOVERS who most likely will be the OPPOSITE OF YOU! :sweetie:

:cheerleader: for helping us to help you! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#218 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

Document Update:

1. Jeff aka G-Man: Received your Survey! :birthday:
2. Larry aka Lars: Received your Survey and Waiver! :usflag: :birthday:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 15 January 2009 - 02:25 PM.

#219 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Document Update:

1. Sandra aka Flipper290: Received your Survey! :dancing:

#220 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

Document Update:

1. Sandra aka Flipper290: Received your Survey! :thankyou:

:thankyou: Sandra! Now you aren't stuck with me or the lobby as a roomie since we didn't have info for you! :lmao:

But seriously...thank you for getting us your survey! Now we can find you a GREAT roomie! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#221 Flipper290

Flipper290

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Advanced / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>125

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Document Update:

1. Sandra aka Flipper290: Received your Survey! :thankyou:

:thankyou: Sandra! Now you aren't stuck with me or the lobby as a roomie since we didn't have info for you! :lmao:

But seriously...thank you for getting us your survey! Now we can find you a GREAT roomie! :teeth:

I'm counting on it, can't wait. I'm way due for a dive trip!!!!!

#222 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

Document Update:

1. Sandra aka Flipper290: Received your Survey! :birthday:

:birthday: Sandra! Now you aren't stuck with me or the lobby as a roomie since we didn't have info for you! :dance:

But seriously...thank you for getting us your survey! Now we can find you a GREAT roomie! :dance:

I'm counting on it, can't wait. I'm way due for a dive trip!!!!!

SUHWEET! Hey its not too late to upgrade to premier member...its only $35 and you'll get $25 back after the trip if you file for it and you'll get way more than $10 in cool goodies in your membership pkg. Plus you'll get to see member's profiles on the site, you can pm or private message other premier members and we can more readily reach you in the case of last minute needs/information. And it helps to support the site so we can offer more great trips like these! :birthday:

To upgrade log into the site, click on MY CONTROLS in the upper right portion of the screen. Then click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left and follow the prompts. Paypal will activate your membership instantly and checking post/postal will activate it when we get your check or direct credit card payment.

And even though you booked via the boat...you can still qualifiy for the member rebate after the trip if you register now. :birthday:

formerly...

#223 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

I just talked to a new member who is trying to create a screen name and get registered on the site. He has bought his air and will be sending in forms and money soon. He will also post so its official but I'm sharing this as its not too late to still book this trip!

Come and play....reasonable tickets are STILL available to PR! -ww

formerly...

#224 DECO

DECO

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:open water/ 190 dives mainly cold water
  • Logged Dives:189

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Kamala, I would like to book this trip. Please send the forum password to my email, so I can download the forms.
Gerry

For your protection and privacy, this posted has been edited to remove your email address and last name.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 18 January 2009 - 01:27 PM.

#225 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

:cool1: Welcome to SingleDivers DECO, and Welcome to the St. Croix Trip!! The password for the trip docs is on the way. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users