• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05d: Fiji....Bula Bula May 23(depart) May25-Jun2 or 4th, 2009

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#196 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for the celsius to farenheit translation! I was planning on looking that up.....With the luggage restrictions I want to bring only the wetsuit most suitable, which for me means 3mm, either shorty or full suit. That's even more important now that I'll have to bring extra batteries.....I don't have a charger that will work with the specs you show! :wakawaka:

I will be bring a converter with Australian adapters, does anyone know if our charges will work? If so all are welcome to use it to charge batteries :cool1:

I will buy a grounded (3 prong) Australian adapters (available at Radio Shack), and bring a power strip. All my chargers (batteries, video batteries) say 110-240 V, 50-60 hz.

You can confirm that by simply looking at the charger's back.

P.S. The adapter is $10, and at Radio Shack the Catalog # is 273-181
Here is the link:
http://www.radioshac...oductId=3193239

If they don't carry it, then ask them to order it for you. You need to act now. It will take a few days. (mine is ordered 2 days ago and will take another 2 days to get here). :thankyou:

#197 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

Even if they say they will through check your luggage, I'd not risk it as you have your 6 hour layover. Get a cart for $3 and push it from your terminal in LAX to the one with Air Pacific. A good stretch for your legs and it takes just 10-15 minutes to go the entire circuit. (I have gone from terminal 7 to terminal 2 UA to ANZ.) The only times my luggage gets "lost" is when there is a long layover, so I'd just recheck it in again. The only places to trust the airlines to do the transfer right is at Changi Airport in Singapore. I don't know how they do it, but they get it right every time (and you can even confirm that they have done that transfer at your departure gate!)

Have fun in Fiji!

Robin

I called Air Pacific (800 227 4446 within USA) to ask about baggage transfer. They assured me that this is done all the time and I can check the bagge status at the FJ counter with my baggage claim tag. They will see from their computer whether the bags got through them.

I am NOT advocate you abandon caution, but in MY case it would save (1) pulling in and out luggages (2) the risk of a delayed domestic flight cutting my connection time short, (3) $40 each way AA charges me for domestic flight's baggae fee (AA said it would be considered international flight if 2 flights linked).

As for the distance to walk inside LAX, Air Pacific is at Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal). Here is a link to the LAX terminal map, you can see where your terminal is by airline:

http://www.iflylax.com/lax_map0.html

So it would require some thought :thankyou:

John

#198 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hi Kamala,

A few questions. I will be flying out of IAH shortly after noon and arriving LAX about 4-ish in the Continental terminal.

I am not sure where to go from there. I think I can find Air Pacific OK though. Where will I meet you? Am I e-ticketed on Air Pacific or do I get Tickets from you, or will they be mailed?

Thanks!

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 16 May 2009 - 11:18 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#199 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi Kamala,

A few questions. I will be flying out of IAH shortly after noon and arriving LAX about 4-ish in the Continental terminal.

I am not sure where to go from there. I think I can find Air Pacific OK though. Where will I meet you? Am I e-ticketed on Air Pacific or do I get Tickets from you, or will they be mailed?

Thanks!

Hey Teresa!

I'm sure you know WW has very limited access to the internet right now so I'm not sure when she'll get back to you - BUT SHE WILL!!! :wakawaka: I sent her a pm with your post to be sure she sees it asap.

BTW - I am SO jealous of this trip!!! You are going to have an amazing time!!!! I want to see lots of pictures!

Debbie
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#200 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

I just found this really cool web site that is designed to help all of us determine which exposure suit to take on the Fiji trip:

http://www.naia.com....arch/water.html
Posted Image

#201 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hi Kamala,

Thanks!

EVERYONE...I have posted the flight details in post 182 for everyone!

The tickets are E-TICKETS. Everyone will meet at the Air Pacific gate.

Here is the info again....

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Here are your official record locators for your flights:

Record: 2PESGP

1.1G/MARGARET 2.1L/JOHN Z 3.1S/ROBERT
4.1T/TERESA 5.1S/KAMALA 6.1HELVARG/DAVID

FJ 811 on 23MAY LAX/NAN HK5 1130P 510A (land on 25MAY)

FJ 141 on 25MAY NAN/KDV HK5 1240P 125P

8 nights in Kadavu

FJ 142 on 02JUN KDV/NAN HK5 145P 230P

FJ 810 on 02JUN NAN/LAX HK5 1000P 120P

Record: 2QEAME

1E/ELLEN 2.1H/TAMMY 3.1F/SCOTT
4.1L/CAROLE

FJ 811 on 23MAY LAX/NAN HK5 1130P 510A (land on 25MAY)

FJ 141 on 25MAY NAN/KDV HK5 1240P 125P

10 nights in Kadavu

FJ 142 on 04JUN KDV/NAN HK5 145P 230P

FJ 810 on 04JUN NAN/LAX HK5 1000P 120P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#202 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Even if they say they will through check your luggage, I'd not risk it as you have your 6 hour layover. Get a cart for $3 and push it from your terminal in LAX to the one with Air Pacific. A good stretch for your legs and it takes just 10-15 minutes to go the entire circuit. (I have gone from terminal 7 to terminal 2 UA to ANZ.) The only times my luggage gets "lost" is when there is a long layover, so I'd just recheck it in again. The only places to trust the airlines to do the transfer right is at Changi Airport in Singapore. I don't know how they do it, but they get it right every time (and you can even confirm that they have done that transfer at your departure gate!)

Have fun in Fiji!

Robin

I called Air Pacific (800 227 4446 within USA) to ask about baggage transfer. They assured me that this is done all the time and I can check the bagge status at the FJ counter with my baggage claim tag. They will see from their computer whether the bags got through them.

I am NOT advocate you abandon caution, but in MY case it would save (1) pulling in and out luggages (2) the risk of a delayed domestic flight cutting my connection time short, (3) $40 each way AA charges me for domestic flight's baggae fee (AA said it would be considered international flight if 2 flights linked).

As for the distance to walk inside LAX, Air Pacific is at Terminal B (Tom Bradley International Terminal). Here is a link to the LAX terminal map, you can see where your terminal is by airline:

http://www.iflylax.com/lax_map0.html

So it would require some thought :lmao:

John

I'll be doing the same...I did it last time and had no problems. I will check all the way from Dallas to Fiii....thanks for info! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#203 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Document Update:

1. Bob aka Fordan ww got your waiver! :thankyou:

#204 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

I'll be doing the same...I did it last time and had no problems. I will check all the way from Dallas to Fiii....thanks for info! kamala

Hi Kamala,

In order for AA to connect me to the Air pacific flight from Chicago, is the record number (Record: 2PESGP) plus my name all they need?

Just want to make sure.

John

#205 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hi Kamala,

In order for AA to connect me to the Air pacific flight from Chicago, is the record number (Record: 2PESGP) plus my name all they need?

Just want to make sure.

John

Will verify today and let you know...k

formerly...

#206 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

IMPORTANT REMINDER:

Don't forget your SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!! This island is very poor so the little we do means SOOOOOO Much!

:respect:

formerly...

#207 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

:respect: "Tomorrow! tomorrow!........you're only a day away....." :respect:

:unsure: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Posted Image

#208 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

IMPORTANT FLIGHT UPDATE:

I have a copy of the itinerary...I will try to get it scanned but the scanner I have access too is not working properly. I can also fax it to you. With this you should have NO PROBLEMS getting your bags checked all the way thru. PLEASE email me or pm me your fax number and I'll try to get it faxed to you or scanned.

Please bear with us as our offices are in transition and I'm working away from the office which is in boxes in SC. Kamala

formerly...

#209 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

IMPORTANT FLIGHT UPDATE:

I have a copy of the itinerary...I will try to get it scanned but the scanner I have access too is not working properly. I can also fax it to you. With this you should have NO PROBLEMS getting your bags checked all the way thru. PLEASE email me or pm me your fax number and I'll try to get it faxed to you or scanned.

Please bear with us as our offices are in transition and I'm working away from the office which is in boxes in SC. Kamala

Hi Kamala,

I don't have a working fax machine at home.
I called Air Pacific. They told me that you should have an electronic itinerary (email). You can forward that to our email address. (You can certainly put into my in-box here).

Even you don't have the email, just put the e-ticket number (some long digits) in the email or in-box. (For obvious reason, I would not post it here).

The e-ticket number is what my AA agent requires when I link the flight.

John

#210 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

IMPORTANT FLIGHT UPDATE:

Hi Kamala,

I don't have a working fax machine at home.
I called Air Pacific. They told me that you should have an electronic itinerary (email). You can forward that to our email address. (You can certainly put into my in-box here).

Even you don't have the email, just put the e-ticket number (some long digits) in the email or in-box. (For obvious reason, I would not post it here).

The e-ticket number is what my AA agent requires when I link the flight.

John

I have requested the electronic versions of the itineraries...will forward as soon as I get them. I will also send the ticket number right away in case I do not get the full itinerary. Thank you! kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users