• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05a: SOLD OUT! Better Belize-It Baby...May 2-9, 2009

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#331 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

WOW! The trip is starting to wind down but its been an amazing week. Its been a bit breezy but besides handling a bit of bumpy diving...we've had the pleasure of diving inside the reef in the park and see some amazing marine life that has made the boat rides worth it. We did not get to go far north....pristine, unexplored dive sites...but we did get a trip to the Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye and Long Caye also known as the 'aquarium' in and it was worth the entire trip just to do those dives.

The group has been amazing getting along as if we've known each other for years. Our new friends from NY/NJ will certainly be traveling with us again as will many of our new and returning members! :teeth:

They are STILL having a great time in the bar and we've been listening to Pup's music all week...and yes we have a number of converts to ScubaRibbean Music! :cheerleader:

Will post more tomorrow after delivering the school supplies to the island's poorest school and getting some stickers to a couple we met who will be traveling the world for the next year and plan to tell everyone about SingleDivers.com and post stickers all along the way INCLUDING Antartica!! :) Actually that is :D .....very cool! :wakawaka:

I can't believe the week has FLOWN by so quickly....it will be hard to leave such good friends and such a great place! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#332 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

WOW! The trip is starting to wind down but its been an amazing week. Its been a bit breezy but besides handling a bit of bumpy diving...we've had the pleasure of diving inside the reef in the park and see some amazing marine life that has made the boat rides worth it. We did not get to go far north....pristine, unexplored dive sites...but we did get a trip to the Blue Hole and Half Moon Caye and Long Caye also known as the 'aquarium' in and it was worth the entire trip just to do those dives.

The group has been amazing getting along as if we've known each other for years. Our new friends from NY/NJ will certainly be traveling with us again as will many of our new and returning members! :hiya:

They are STILL having a great time in the bar and we've been listening to Pup's music all week...and yes we have a number of converts to ScubaRibbean Music! :teeth:

Will post more tomorrow after delivering the school supplies to the island's poorest school and getting some stickers to a couple we met who will be traveling the world for the next year and plan to tell everyone about SingleDivers.com and post stickers all along the way INCLUDING Antartica!! :birthday: Actually that is :twist: .....very cool! :birthday:

I can't believe the week has FLOWN by so quickly....it will be hard to leave such good friends and such a great place! kamala

I second that emotion! What a fun trip..... hope everyone got home safe and sound and on time! Can't wait to share fotos and dive with you again!
s :birthday: :twist: :twist:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#333 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Yes, despite a quick connection in Houston and very long immigration lines on a Saturday night (will need to remember that in the future), made it home fine last night with all of my bags in tow.

It was a very good trip despite the windy conditions. I was glad to see that San Pedro is nothing like Belize City and was lots of fun. The Brits from Peter, to the crew at Pedros to the crew at Limes were fantastic as was the staff at the Tides.

And the dives out at the Lighthouse Atoll were incredible! Definitely worth the long rough boat trip.

Looking forward to the next SD trip to Belize, hopefully to Thatch Kaye and Palencia.

#334 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

FYI,

Here is a video that PEFITNESS shot of us diving the Blue Hole.

#335 Anna

Anna

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave, deco
  • Logged Dives:308 as of the last (Belize) trip

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

The group has been amazing getting along as if we've known each other for years. Our new friends from NY/NJ will certainly be traveling with us again as will many of our new and returning members! :cool1:

:thankyou:
Fantastic trip! I am in a serious withdrawal. Hope to see everyone real soon.

Anna

#336 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

here are some of my more interesting photos..... with tough conditions and not great viz, my little camera and I were challenged!!! There are a few adventure photos of the earlier part of my trip into the interior of Belize as well. More to come later!!!
SusiQ's Photos

SusiQ

Edited by susiq, 19 May 2009 - 08:37 AM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#337 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

PLEASE add some of your pics to the Trip Photo Gallery! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#338 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

SWEETTTT!!!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#339 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

PLEASE add some of your pics to the Trip Photo Gallery! :lmao:

Don't seem to have permission do do this.... and I've tried several times to upload a single photo from my computer to this post, but things seem to be breaking down..... I am trying to add two from our last breakfast together at the Tides....don't know if they've gone elswhere on the site.... but they're not here ( and yes, they're not TOO big....)

:P

Edited by susiq, 19 May 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#340 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

PLEASE add some of your pics to the Trip Photo Gallery! :lmao:

Don't seem to have permission do do this.... and I've tried several times to upload a single photo from my computer to this post, but things seem to be breaking down..... I am trying to add two from our last breakfast together at the Tides....don't know if they've gone elswhere on the site.... but they're not here ( and yes, they're not TOO big....)

:P

Thank you! Seems the trip gallery is not activated yet but will be soon. When they do they will post that its ready! Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#341 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

ANyone seen the deal for Turneffe Island Lodge this summer? Buy one for $2k, get the second diver for $300, and it includes the trip from Belize City (by boat). And it includes the trip to the Blue hole as well. Makes me want to go back.

#342 h2ofria

h2ofria

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:82

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

I had a great time! Made my connection in Houston with barely a minute to spare. I was not prepared for the long long long immigration lines. My checked baggage did not make it to Houston with me but the airline delivered it the next day. I have some topside fotos and will post them when the system is up and running.
Work is the curse of the diving class!

#343 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

The photo gallery is set up! :P

You can be the FIRST to post your pictures in our OFFICIAL photo gallery! Once you do you can link to them in the thread!

We appreciate you loading them in OUR gallery so they last for posterity! :thankyou:

Click HERE for the Belize 5-09 Photo Gallery! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#344 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

Glad to hear you made it Steve, I did something similar in just making my flight to Denver. That USA Direct option that Houston Squid posted would have made it a little better, but you still had to wait for your bags and make it through customs.

#345 Hanauma Jay

Hanauma Jay

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water / Wreck
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

ANyone seen the deal for Turneffe Island Lodge this summer? Buy one for $2k, get the second diver for $300, and it includes the trip from Belize City (by boat). And it includes the trip to the Blue hole as well. Makes me want to go back.

Can you provide a link to this package, please? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users