• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05b: WRECKS & DRIFTDIVING the Keys MAY 14-20 and Floating Hotel!

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#316 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

If you have never been on the Spree before, you may be interested in some common questions, and the answers from Spree Expeditions. I will also add these to the FAQ section.

1. Do you provide towels (both bath and post-dive towels)?

Answer: You will need to bring your own towel(s). Towels are hung on the back deck for drying.

2. How many bathrooms/showers/toilets are there in the sleeping areas?

Answer: There are a 2 showers/toilets and 2 other toilets these are off the saloon. The one on the dive deck is the only one that can be used with
wet/dry suits.

3. Do the bathrooms in the sleeping area have shelves to put things like contact lenses, toiletry kits, toothbrushes? how about hooks for hanging
towels?

Answer: Yes in the bathrooms there are these things.

4. Are there closets with hangers in the sleeping areas? Shelves or drawers for clothing? Or so we have to live out of our luggage?

Answer: There are no closets or hangers and yes you do have to live out of your luggage which is stored under the bottom bunk.

5. Do you have any shade on the top deck for surface intervals, etc.?

Answer: No shade on the top sun deck. You have to go below under the sundeck
for shade.

6. What types of drinks do you have available on board? Juices? Beer? Soft drinks? Wine?

Answer: Sodas, beer and wine are available for a nominal fee.

7. Do you have soft weights available?

Answer: No soft weights, sorry.

8. Is there any help available for taking equipment up out of the water up to the dive deck? Will your staff take my equipment up? (weights, BCD, tank)?

Answer: I am sorry but because of insurance requirements our crew is not permitted to assist divers in their exit from the water. You may make
arrangements with people that you are diving with to help you, that is ok.

#317 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

Looking forward to the trip, but having trouble getting the forms to you. My scanner is not working and can not seem to get through to your fax and your phone mailbox is full. What to do now?
Thanks,
Lady of the Sea and Grey Goby

Email the info to me at scubapunk@singledivers.com. I sent you an email with my phone number, you may also call me if you like. I need to get your info to update the Spree Manifest as soon as possible. :D

#318 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

At this late date, I think I could use a new dive light. The one I have weighs 5 lbs, and along with my other gear my load is getting heavy. Don't have a local dive shop, and too late to get one shipped. Would someone be willing to buy a new flash light and bring it along? Will reimburse you on the trip. Would like a flashlight with "C" batteries, not too heavy. With a string to tie it on. Please buy the lesser expensive one. I am a tightwad. Wouldn't be able to make this trip if I wasn't. Jim

Hey Jim

I'm going to be in Key West for two days be for the trip. If you go to Divers Direct web site you could pick out a light or two if they don't have your first choice. I can pick it up for you. http://www.diversdir...ies/dive-light/

Roger

Jim - Since I'm driving, I'll bring an extra light or two if someone wants to "borrow" them.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#319 Handy Andy

Handy Andy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW over 100 dives. Mostly Mexico and Jamaica
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

Roger, I like the Princeton Tec tec 400 dive light, the Impact XL doesn't say what size batteries, but if they are C size I like it. The UK SL4 says C also. Prefer the lowest price and then work up. Thanks for the replys, appreciate it. Jim

#320 scubadiv69

scubadiv69

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Roger, I like the Princeton Tec tec 400 dive light, the Impact XL doesn't say what size batteries, but if they are C size I like it. The UK SL4 says C also. Prefer the lowest price and then work up. Thanks for the replys, appreciate it. Jim

All three of those are small back up lights. Is that what your looking for? They work ok for a back up but I think you'd what more light than they provide for a night dive. Besides ScubaShafer said he would bring a spare for you to use. Let me know

Edited by scubadiv69, 08 May 2009 - 05:09 PM.

Mother Mother Ocean, I've heard your call -- Jimmy Buffett

If you want to soar with eagles you must first learn to walk with chickens.

#321 ScubaBear

ScubaBear

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW with nitrox cert.
  • Logged Dives:55

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

If you have never been on the Spree before, you may be interested in some common questions, and the answers from Spree Expeditions. I will also add these to the FAQ section.

Answer: You will need to bring your own towel(s). Towels are hung on the back deck for drying.

Answer: There are a 2 showers/toilets and 2 other toilets these are off the saloon. The one on the dive deck is the only one that can be used with
wet/dry suits.

3. Do the bathrooms in the sleeping area have shelves to put things like contact lenses, toiletry kits, toothbrushes? how about hooks for hanging
towels?

4. Are there closets with hangers in the sleeping areas? Shelves or drawers for clothing? Or so we have to live out of our luggage?

Answer: There are no closets or hangers and yes you do have to live out of your luggage which is stored under the bottom bunk.

for shade.

6. What types of drinks do you have available on board? Juices? Beer? Soft drinks? Wine?

8. Is there any help available for taking equipment up out of the water up to the dive deck? Will your staff take my equipment up? (weights, BCD, tank)?

Answer: I am sorry but because of insurance requirements our crew is not permitted to assist divers in their exit from the water. You may make

Is there bottled water available??
Formerly spyoung but renamed on the FL Keys 5-09 trip!

#322 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

wet/dry suits.

towels?

for shade.

The water is in Giant Thermos type things with a spout so you can fill your cup or bottle at will. There is one on the dive deck and one in the Salon.

#323 ScubaBear

ScubaBear

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW with nitrox cert.
  • Logged Dives:55

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

wet/dry suits.

towels?

for shade.

The water is in Giant Thermos type things with a spout so you can fill your cup or bottle at will. There is one on the dive deck and one in the Salon.

Thanks!!
Formerly spyoung but renamed on the FL Keys 5-09 trip!

#324 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

IMPORTANT REQUEST:

This month is our official move to SC and it happens over the FL Keys Dive Trip. I have just discovered that my wireless is NOT working and I've 'robbed' my roommate's computer this week in order to have access. Does anyone have a computer I can use on this trip as I suspect we'll find some wireless along the way or even air card access. I would sign up but I can't get the hardware in time for the trip.

HELP! :teeth:

:cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#325 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

IMPORTANT REQUEST:

This month is our official move to SC and it happens over the FL Keys Dive Trip. I have just discovered that my wireless is NOT working and I've 'robbed' my roommate's computer this week in order to have access. Does anyone have a computer I can use on this trip as I suspect we'll find some wireless along the way or even air card access. I would sign up but I can't get the hardware in time for the trip.

HELP! :pray:

:thankyou:

I'll be bringing mine - We can Share.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#326 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

IMPORTANT REQUEST:

HELP! :pray:

:thankyou:

Mine will also be available to you... check with Frank but I believe that the Spree may have air time available for a nominal fee...

Edited by divzac, 09 May 2009 - 10:53 AM.

I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#327 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

Wow, I was absolutely sure this trip was going to fill up! A bunch of peeps are gonna miss out!

I have just packed my dive travel bag, and have five pounds left over (45 lbs in the bag); this is my margin of safety with consideration for slightly wet gear on the way back. I packed both my dive lights without batteries to save weight (a total of 12 C cells). Could one of you nice diver-type people who is driving to KW bring 12 C alkalines to the boat for me? I'll either pay you cash money up front, or sign for your festive adult beverages up to the amount the batteries cost on the boat. I know Captain Frank has SOME C cell batteries for sale, but I seem to remember on last year's Tortugas trip that he didn't have a whole lot, and I don't want to wipe him out.

Chuck
I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#328 Handy Andy

Handy Andy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW over 100 dives. Mostly Mexico and Jamaica
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Roger, I have a big old rechargeable, but it weighs 5 lbs. and I think I can get by with one with C batteries. I know they are called a backup light, but I had one of those tiny lights with aaa batteries, and it put out a lot of light, so figure these are bigger than that little one, so should be able to get by. Trying to hold down on my load traveling. Jim

#329 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Computer for Kamala and batteries for Chuck. I'll have both for you two.

Que :thankyou:

#330 Canuck in Texas

Canuck in Texas

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:33 AM

Any one driving can get directions to the dock from the Spree web site.
Click here for Map

1 more 12 hour shift and I am off this rig. :thankyou:

I'll see everyone this week.

Maurice
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is looking.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users