• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

08: CORAL SPAWNING in the FLORIDA KEYS Aug 10-15/16 FLOATING HOTEL!

• Please log in to reply
654 replies to this topic

#631 me2me2

me2me2

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:Hundreds.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

Myra I was thinking the same thing about you...being prolific and all! :sweetie:

As for the release...this boat capt is very serious about a diver's health and they will sit you out of diving if they don't feel you are up for it. So a doc's release saying you are ok to dive or use your best judgement is VERY HELPFUL if you have it. Otherwise be prepared to state your case if you don't but the final call is ALWAYS the Captain's.

Also hopefully you got trip insurance so if for any reason you can not get back on the boat or the foot hurts too much...you are covered. The CSA policy will cover a pre-existing condition if you opt for that rider. And no its not too late to get it but you need to do so ASAP as the first post tells everyone.

Well I work long shifts so fall behind and then I scurry to catch up and on and on.... But yeah, I'm written verbos! :teeth:

Thank gods I work in a hospital! I have a full medical release from the goddesses in Emp. Health in charge of my case! It leaves absolutely no doubt as to my ability to dive and use common sense. :respect: Now if they had closed early today... I'd be a bit unhinged right now!

You want this faxed anywhere? I have access to a fax until 7 pm and then after that I can scan and email up till about 11 pm tonight? Just let me know! I'll also of course bring with me.

Myra

#632 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Myra I was thinking the same thing about you...being prolific and all! :teeth:

As for the release...this boat capt is very serious about a diver's health and they will sit you out of diving if they don't feel you are up for it. So a doc's release saying you are ok to dive or use your best judgement is VERY HELPFUL if you have it. Otherwise be prepared to state your case if you don't but the final call is ALWAYS the Captain's.

Also hopefully you got trip insurance so if for any reason you can not get back on the boat or the foot hurts too much...you are covered. The CSA policy will cover a pre-existing condition if you opt for that rider. And no its not too late to get it but you need to do so ASAP as the first post tells everyone.

Well I work long shifts so fall behind and then I scurry to catch up and on and on.... But yeah, I'm written verbos! :lmao:

Thank gods I work in a hospital! I have a full medical release from the goddesses in Emp. Health in charge of my case! It leaves absolutely no doubt as to my ability to dive and use common sense. :sweetie: Now if they had closed early today... I'd be a bit unhinged right now!

You want this faxed anywhere? I have access to a fax until 7 pm and then after that I can scan and email up till about 11 pm tonight? Just let me know! I'll also of course bring with me.

Myra

No just bring it with you! It is for the Boat Capt primarily so needs to be in your possession if asked for it. And since we have talked about it on the site...it would probably be asked for. Thank you and I'm glad you've gotten caught up with everything! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#633 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

3. If you need special rides or need to get to a dive shop PLEASE START ASKING MEMBERS WITH CARS as soon as you can. This is NOT something SingleDivers.com arranges for you. We leave you to handle this yourself but knowing this group of awesome divers...getting help should not be a problem. Please do not rely on Sandy and I to remember and/or arrange this for you...we would love to but we just can't.

FWIW Pam and I are diving the Vandy Monday AM, but plan to drop our gear at the boat afterward, probably around 3 pm, maybe earlier. I'll have a car and would be glad to pick people up at the airport if needed. PM if you need help.

Harry

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 August 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#634 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

3. If you need special rides or need to get to a dive shop PLEASE START ASKING MEMBERS WITH CARS as soon as you can. This is NOT something SingleDivers.com arranges for you. We leave you to handle this yourself but knowing this group of awesome divers...getting help should not be a problem. Please do not rely on Sandy and I to remember and/or arrange this for you...we would love to but we just can't.

4. Luggage Bags...as mentioned before you should be able to leave your big suitcases at the dock in a locked storage facility owned by the boat. BRING A SOFTSIDED DRAWSTRING TYPE OF BAG TO BRING YOUR THINGS ON THE BOAT as space is very minimal.

7. Please continue to monitor the thread for last minute trip updates. :thankyou:

3. uhm I posted here about needing the ride from the airport and the rusty anchor because it says in the first post that transfers from there were included but maybe I misunderstood. And I thought the Spree was monitoring this thread for info they needed. I'll just take a cab and can call for another to get us three who drove together to the boat after dinner. Its not a problem. I'm not being a problem child. Really. I thought I was doing the right thing. Its all good. We are self reliant. No problem.

4. Uhm, ok now I'm being a problem child. I have a soft dive bag to put all my gear in from the big travel bag no problem but I don't have another bag to put my clothes in. I have a small 23" rolling suitcase that can stow under the bottom bunk and not take up more than half the space. Is that ok?

7. well, ok but I might have to write more! Run and hide now! :lmao:

Later,

Myra
P.S. Don't you love it when my work is slow and I can get on a computer? No? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Myra - You will not be the only one who needs to drop off a rental car. There will be enough cars there so that we can get someone to drive us back to the Rusty Anchor from the airport. Don't worry about it, just follow me.

Yes your small suitecase will be fine.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 August 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#635 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

FWIW Pam and I are diving the Vandy Monday AM, but plan to drop our gear at the boat afterward, probably around 3 pm, maybe earlier. I'll have a car and would be glad to pick people up at the airport if needed. PM if you need help.

Harry

Thanks for the offer Harry, we will let you know if we need you.

Post edited to remove phone number

#636 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

I'll be able to shuttle peeps from the Key West Airport rental car return area back to the Rusty Hangover and the Spree.

And congratulations, Myra! I think you are the first person on SD to have taken up an entire page of posts! :thankyou: Something tells me that you're excited about going diving!!!

Edited by ScubaShafer, 07 August 2009 - 03:03 PM.

It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#637 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Payment Update:

1. Que aka seaurchin ww received your echeck for $300 for AOW! :rolleyes:
2. Jennifer aka waterbabe ww received your payment for $200 for Photog & Nav.! :thankyou:

#638 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See all you krawlers tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the rest of you on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thankyou:

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#639 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

4. Luggage Bags...as mentioned before you should be able to leave your big suitcases at the dock in a locked storage facility owned by the boat. BRING A SOFTSIDED DRAWSTRING TYPE OF BAG TO BRING YOUR THINGS ON THE BOAT as space is very minimal.

7. Please continue to monitor the thread for last minute trip updates. :thankyou:

3. uhm I posted here about needing the ride from the airport and the rusty anchor because it says in the first post that transfers from there were included but maybe I misunderstood. And I thought the Spree was monitoring this thread for info they needed. I'll just take a cab and can call for another to get us three who drove together to the boat after dinner. Its not a problem. I'm not being a problem child. Really. I thought I was doing the right thing. Its all good. We are self reliant. No problem.

4. Uhm, ok now I'm being a problem child. I have a soft dive bag to put all my gear in from the big travel bag no problem but I don't have another bag to put my clothes in. I have a small 23" rolling suitcase that can stow under the bottom bunk and not take up more than half the space. Is that ok?

7. well, ok but I might have to write more! Run and hide now! :lmao:

Later,

Myra
P.S. Don't you love it when my work is slow and I can get on a computer? No? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Myra - You will not be the only one who needs to drop off a rental car. There will be enough cars there so that we can get someone to drive us back to the Rusty Anchor from the airport. Don't worry about it, just follow me.

Yes your small suitecase will be fine.

sounds like a duffle bag would be better then a small suitcase

#640 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

sounds like a duffle bag would be better then a small suitcase

A duffle is great but a small suitcase is fine! Each person technically has half the area under a bunk and the person above them has half the area. So as long as your stuff only takes up 'half'...you are golden!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#641 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Nope you are right...the part about dropping a rental car threw me...its all good.

Yup just fine!

7. well, ok but I might have to write more! Run and hide now! :rolleyes:

Later,

Myra
P.S. Don't you love it when my work is slow and I can get on a computer? No? Hmmm. :thankyou:

Works for me! :lmao:

formerly...

#642 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP REMINDER:

On your SingleDivers.com waiver at the bottom it asks you to compile a private envelope that includes a copy of your insurance info and a summary of any medicines you are taking and how much, any allergies especially to medicines, and any medical history that a doctor should KNOW ABOUT IN THE EVENT YOU COULD NOT SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Please also include a copy of your health insurance info as well as your DAN, Dive Assure or diving insurance info and emergency contact info. Then put your real name and screen name on the outside of this sealed envelope. When you get to Roatan please give them to me in the event of emergency and I need them.

Please know that they will never be opened unless you have to go to the doctor/chamber and you can not speak for yourself. In this instance I will rely on what you have put in this envelope to convey to the doctor whom your life is entrusted. Please provide anything you think he/she would need to know.

At the end of the trip remind me and I will return them to you for another trip with us or even as a safety precaution when you travel next. As predominately single people, when something serious happens we do not have a spouse or traveling companion with us to take care of us. This task falls upon me and I take that task very seriously. The worst feeling in the world is to stand by helpless not knowing ANYTHING about a person who can not speak for themselves. This envelope with help alleivate that problem as well as hopefully save your life.

If you are not on any meds, have no medical history and basically have nothing to say...please put a copy of your insurance info and emergency contacts and say...no meds, no medical history, no allergies, etc. This will help me not worry that you forgot to do it but rather it did not apply.

Thank you all again! It will be a great trip! Kamala

formerly...

#643 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP REMINDER:

On your SingleDivers.com waiver at the bottom it asks you to compile a private envelope that includes a copy of your insurance info and a summary of any medicines you are taking and how much, any allergies especially to medicines, and any medical history that a doctor should KNOW ABOUT IN THE EVENT YOU COULD NOT SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Please also include a copy of your health insurance info as well as your DAN, Dive Assure or diving insurance info and emergency contact info. Then put your real name and screen name on the outside of this sealed envelope. When you get to Roatan please give them to me in the event of emergency and I need them.

Please know that they will never be opened unless you have to go to the doctor/chamber and you can not speak for yourself. In this instance I will rely on what you have put in this envelope to convey to the doctor whom your life is entrusted. Please provide anything you think he/she would need to know.

At the end of the trip remind me and I will return them to you for another trip with us or even as a safety precaution when you travel next. As predominately single people, when something serious happens we do not have a spouse or traveling companion with us to take care of us. This task falls upon me and I take that task very seriously. The worst feeling in the world is to stand by helpless not knowing ANYTHING about a person who can not speak for themselves. This envelope with help alleivate that problem as well as hopefully save your life.

If you are not on any meds, have no medical history and basically have nothing to say...please put a copy of your insurance info and emergency contacts and say...no meds, no medical history, no allergies, etc. This will help me not worry that you forgot to do it but rather it did not apply.

Thank you all again! It will be a great trip! Kamala

I'm thinking this would work on almost any trip; not just Roatan but "I'm just saying" (in my usual way) :P

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#644 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

Jeff I did post this in this thread and the upcoming Atocha trip as well! LOL! :P

formerly...

#645 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hello all!

It was great getting together with old friends and meeting new ones on the "unofficial" part of the trip! I shared 6 great dives with other SD members aboard the Rainbow Reef! We saw "The Duane" on my first dive Sunday morning. The highlight was 4 spotted eagle rays swimming by the wreck near the end of the dive. They were rather large and very graceful! Molasses Reef and French reef were both beautiful and had alot of interesting coral, fish and lobster! The visibility was very good yesterday, between 50 to 70 feet! At french reef our DM Bill guided us to several dive thru areas in the reef on his last dive before he had to return to England to resume college. Sunday I finally got to dive "The Spiegel Grove" on my 3rd attempt! Unfortunately we didn't have much time, but the wreck was fanastic, very impressive with a lot of growth and fish. Someone must have gotten a good picture of the frog fish down there! The last dive for me today was the Bentwood. It was sunk on a shallow reef and vis was good so we stayed down the limit allowed by the captian. A beautiful dive. Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

Holly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users