• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Let's all Chat or Shout Out!

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

#106 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

The dive show went very well and the Happy Hour was great. We got quite a few new members. Here are a couple of pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dive_Show_001.jpg
  • Dive_Show_005.jpg
  • Dive_Show_004.jpg
  • Dive_Show_006.jpg

#107 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

Simon...just don't bring out the Mongolian yak herder and I promise not to report your posts....

and no the Matron cannot let you have more time out of that special coat!! It fits you so nicely!

ScubaPunk, keep an eye out for him... I have to go to work tomorrow, and I may not be able to check on him so often! :P

Er, and .... good night John Boy!!

Edited by ScubaPunk, 25 January 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#108 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

Simon...just don't bring out the Mongolian yak herder and I promise not to report your posts....

and no the Matron cannot let you have more time out of that special coat!! It fits you so nicely!

ScubaPunk, keep an eye out for him... I have to go to work tomorrow, and I may not be able to check on him so often! :P

Er, and .... good night John Boy!!

:lmao: Ok Heidi, I'll do my best. He is rather entertaining. Remember....he's the one who keeps our site safe and secure from weirdos and predators. :P

#109 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!! I get to go to bed now though......worked last night.

Ya'll have a Great Monday!!! :P
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#110 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

Simon, we all know you are SO MUCH COOLER ONLINE! We know you live in the basement of your mom and dad's house and fire up the mac! That's ok. We still love you. :-D

That is sooooooooo not true. It is not a basement, it is a cellar... Geez. Basements have concrete floors instead of dirt covered by cardboard. :P
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#111 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Wait, the parents basement scenario?!?! Please don't tell me you play WoW!!

No I don't play Wow... You have to LIVE WoW... :-D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#112 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Wait, the parents basement scenario?!?! Please don't tell me you play WoW!!

No I don't play Wow... You have to LIVE WoW... :-D

Attached Thumbnails

• 42.gif
  • 53.gif
  • 92.gif
  • 182.gif
  • 209.gif

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#113 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

:P :birthday: Victoria, I successfully stole your short bus and saved it to my computer! HA! I'm so a computer nerd now! Wahoo! I was the hero at work today because we just went live online with new computer charting and I was the only one who "got it" and had to help EVERYONE! :birthday:

I will be offline for 3 days! OMG WHAT was I thinking! I volunteered to be the nurse chaparone for 50 fifth graders on a desert sleeping bag , no running water campout!!!! Crap, now HOW do I treat a scorpion sting or snake bite? We will learn about cactus and all the animals that are going to howl at night and SCARE us to death!
I better do my homework. :-D ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#114 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

I will be offline for 3 days! OMG WHAT was I thinking! I volunteered to be the nurse chaparone for 50 fifth graders on a desert sleeping bag , no running water campout!!!! Crap, now HOW do I treat a scorpion sting or snake bite? We will learn about cactus and all the animals that are going to howl at night and SCARE us to death!
I better do my homework. :thankyou: ~ D

That sounds like a blast! Well I would be overwhelmed with 50 5th graders, 5 would be more my speed. I really enjoy the wild sounds of the night outdoors, even if they are a little eerie at times.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#115 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

I better do my homework. :thankyou: ~ D

How to treat scorpion and snakebite

My tip to avoid those things. Shake your boots out well, before putting them on. Even if they are in a tent or regardless of the time they have sat there. They move quickly...

I'm so a computer nerd now!

Mmmmmmmmmm, nerds... :cool1:

#116 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

Well DONE, Grasshoppah!!!

First rule of snake/scorpion country....shake out EVERYTHING before putting it on....shoes, pants, etc.
Second rule of snake/scorpion country.... if it makes noise, don't crouch down to see what it is! Go no closer than 6 feet!

There ya have it! Posted Image

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#117 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

"I will be offline for 3 days! OMG WHAT was I thinking! I volunteered to be the nurse chaparone for 50 fifth graders on a desert sleeping bag , no running water campout!!!! "

50 5th graders wow Posted Image :thankyou: no you'll make a great Posted Image have a blast
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#118 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

I gave up tent camping a long time ago!!!

What would be the opposit of a WWW on land???
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#119 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Night all... Bedtime...

#120 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

I gave up tent camping a long time ago!!!

What would be the opposit of a WWW on land???

The Air Force! :lmao:

Damselfish,
Skip the tent. Get yourself a hamock and a poncho/tarp! Way more comfortable. String the hamock just off the ground then run some rope above you and drape the poncho down in an "A" frame shape. Peg it into the ground with some old tent pegs. Way more comfortable than sleeping on the ground and only takes about 5-10 minutes to set up. Unless of course you're going to roll out with one of those air mattresses and have a serious fear of the creepy crawlies.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users