• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Let's all Chat or Shout Out!

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

#121 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

Nevermind, I just saw that you're in Arizona... not a whole lot of trees to use to hold up the hammock.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#122 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

Buuurr!!! It's cold in Texas this morning!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#123 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

Buuurr!!! It's cold in Texas this morning!!!

-21C (-6F) here this AM... Average... :birthday:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#124 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image It's snowing, again, summore, here in Dreary Erie.......... :tears:

But I'll be in DALLAS by noon on the 5th of February!!!

YEEE HHHAAAAAAAAAAWW!! BACK IN THE GREAT STATE O' TEXAS!!! :cloud9:

Buh-bye now, Dreary Erie.... buh-bye!! :dance: :birthday: :cool1: :teeth: :cool2: :2cool:

:diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver: :diver:

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• 01.gif
  • 25.gif
  • 40.gif
  • 117.gif

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#125 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

I'm back. It was WAY too cold. All I brought was a thin sleeping bag and it was 30 degrees in the cement little cabin with two open windows that had no pane. Just had to use tweezers on two boys that fell into cactus and then pulled some thorns out of my foot where it went right through the bottom of my shoe. The smores were good although seeing 50 kids with their marshmellows on fire was quite scary.
What's up? What'd I miss? lol.
Good night Johnboy! ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#126 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

Laying on a concrete floor in a light sleeping bag and 30 F must have been cold. At least you are back safe with all your charges. They will have good memories of that weekend I am sure. At least one smore per trip has to be sacrificed to the gods. :pray:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#127 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

Simon. we want to see the scallop pictures. B

Victoria, are you driving down to Dallas? I drove from PA through West Virginia, Virginia, Shenandoah Valley, Tennessee, ... It was gorgeous. If I could do it again, I'd stop and buy some land around Shenandoah Valley and ride horses and ATV's all day.
Good luck with your move. ~ B
Ain't love a BEACH?

#128 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Victoria then it sounds like a HH is in order to celebrate you coming to dallas. How does say the 28st sound to you for a HH in your honor? You know we have to have the WW in town to celebrate so the 2&3 weekends are out, and i think that first full weekend in town your going to be busy.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#129 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Great idea, 'tooth! I'd come down for a HH in Dallas at the end of Feb to meet a bunch of SD'ers! Quick, somebody start a thread! Oh, I guess that would be me! :birthday:

And a big HELLO! to everybody on this gorgeous Saturday. It may actually hit the upper 50's today, so I'm off to see a movie with a friend. Look Ma, no coats! :teeth:
Posted Image

#130 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

Hi Dan. I was wondering if you were ever going to post something on here. lol. Wish I could be at the big D HH. Shouldn't have moved. :teeth: I am going to try again to start an AZ HH. Wish me luck. ~D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#131 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Nice to see you to Belinda, Well my time on SD has been limited because Im balancing, work, school, classes for work, and my photoshoot schedule as well so my posting on SD has been hit and run and from the screen of my phone. Life is good but until the end of march life is alittle crazy.

let me know about a AZ HH as i might just use it as a excuse to get away from dallas and come to AZ :teeth:

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#132 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

We can set up a dive trip to San Carlos while you are here! :teeth:
Good luck with your classes! ~ B
Ain't love a BEACH?

#133 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

Sounds awesome, y'all!

Belinda, I'm actually kinda moving in stages. I have bare essentials here in Erie, but too much to bring down now. And I still have a big storage unit in Bryan with the bulk of my household stuff in it. Right now, I'm taking the train! I'm bringing 2 rolling duffels full of clothes, my dive bag (no way on earth I'm leaving THAT behind!), and my laptop computer. In May, I'm coming back up here to walk at graduation, and at that point I'll rent a truck and load up the stuff I'll have stored here, and drag it to Texas.

I'm looking forward to the train trip, even though it'll take about 35 hours all told. I love flying, and I love trains. So, since the price of a one-way ticket was about the same either way, but I can bring more clothes and my dive gear on the train, I thought I'd take the leisurely route! I'll read, I'll play on the 'puter, I'll sleep...all the while getting closer and closer to TEXAS!!!!

Nice thing is, being a newbie diver (only 28 logged dives), I don't have tons of gear. I have a weight-integrated BC (the lead is staying in storage here), regs, fins, mask, dive knife, tables, and a small spares/repairs kit. That's it. So the duffel it's all in is fairly small and light, as dive bags go. I'm travellin' light, y'all! ....well, unless you're talkin' about my clothes.... But in that department I have to have winter apparel, warm-weather garb, professional work clothes, etc.... Sheesh! That's cool...that's what the train is for! No weight restrictions! No security fits about my dive knife, or my big shampoo bottle, et cetera... :teeth:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#134 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Victoria then it sounds like a HH is in order to celebrate you coming to dallas. How does say the 28st sound to you for a HH in your honor? You know we have to have the WW in town to celebrate so the 2&3 weekends are out, and i think that first full weekend in town your going to be busy.

Did not see this post...have good chance of being in MN freeing my arse but enjoying our awesome local members at the MN Dive Show!

We'll certainly do a HH for Victoria but we'll let her get settled in first! Cool!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#135 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

WOW I just had a blast playing laser tag. FUN! :cool2: Beachjunkie I think you should go for the SWAT team. I'd love to do that. HMMM I got a high score on the shooting. I didn't ask how many times I was shot though. uh nevermind. Do the dive thing, It's safer. ~ B
Ain't love a BEACH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users