• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Honey, I'm Home...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:31 AM

:cool1: Woww Simon! Looks like a great adventure (I love adventures). Glad you made it across the "triangle" LOL.
Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#17 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

LLDN, Victoria and I are coming soon! Right girls? ~ B

I'm already packed!!! Well...still packed, to some extent anyway... :teeth:

Simon, you've landed in a fantastic spot!! :dance: :2cool: Congratulations!!! :usflag: :cool1:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#18 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

I'm already packed!!! Well...still packed, to some extent anyway... :2cool:

Simon, you've landed in a fantastic spot!! :dance: :2cool: Congratulations!!! :teeth: :cool1:

I wanna come too!!! :usflag: Simon, this could work WELL to your advantage!! :dance:

Edited by ScubaSis, 19 February 2009 - 12:25 PM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#19 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

I guess I'm the only one who's out of the loop but uh, what exactly are you doing? I wanna know haha. I want a job in bermuda!!
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#20 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

BeachJunkie, I don't think it matters! Any job near the reefs has GOT to be better than the good-paying job I have, a thousand or so miles from the ocean....

Simon is one of those blessed with the IT gene. He's instrumental in keeping our site running & smoothing out our kinks when they show up. I'm pretty sure he's working with computers in some fashion in Bermuda.
Posted Image

#21 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Simon is one of those blessed with the IT gene. He's instrumental in keeping our site running & smoothing out our kinks when they show up. I'm pretty sure he's working with computers in some fashion in Bermuda.

The company is owned by two guys form Columbia. I just take a locked briefcase down to the Caymans twice a month and that is that. I have never had trouble with customs either.

Yes, I AM kidding. :) LLDN is right.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#22 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

I'm watching "Dive the Bermuda Triangle" on DirecTV Science channel 284. Very interesting stuff. It's about the paranormal and answers some of the questions about the missing. Still there are things left unanswered. :)
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#23 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

Congratulations Simon! Really happy things have worked out for you. Let us know how the diving is! And good luck settling in etc.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#24 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm already packed!!! Well...still packed, to some extent anyway... :teeth:

Simon, you've landed in a fantastic spot!! :dance: :2cool: Congratulations!!! :cool1: :clapping:

I wanna come too!!! :dancing: Simon, this could work WELL to your advantage!! :teeth:

Look, Simon, I don't want to pull rank on ScubaSis, Victoria and dameselfish, but I think I have some rights here: What about me, your fellow Canuck?? And a Maritimer at that! Haven't I been cold long enough?? I don't want to beg, but I'm not above that..... :teeth: cat fish

#25 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hey Simon and Congrats on the new job. I'd like to join the growing list of people who want to come visit you!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#26 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hey Simon and Congrats on the new job. I'd like to join the growing list of people who want to come visit you!

Strange how no one wanted to visit when I was in Canada. Hmmm... Posted Image

Cat - we can talk when the weather gets better. There is little diving here for another 6 weeks or so. Posted Image
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

I'm already packed!!! Well...still packed, to some extent anyway... :birthday:

Simon, you've landed in a fantastic spot!! :fish: :diver: Congratulations!!! :birthday: :wakawaka:

I wanna come too!!! :birthday: Simon, this could work WELL to your advantage!! :birthday:

Look, Simon, I don't want to pull rank on ScubaSis, Victoria and dameselfish, but I think I have some rights here: What about me, your fellow Canuck?? And a Maritimer at that! Haven't I been cold long enough?? I don't want to beg, but I'm not above that..... :canada: cat fish

And what am I??? Chopped wrecks??? :-D

You can add me to the TOP of the list...afterall being the 'wench' should have SOME bennies! :lmao:

Simon you know how thrilled I've been for you and that you confided in me along the way. You've been in my continuous prayers you'd land a great job...even nicer its in a GREAT place!!!

As for our group trip to Bermuda....the diving is VERY reasonable but sadly the hotels and other expenses are VERY HIGH! :tears:

Maybe our very own 'agent on the spot' can find us something better...similar to our little find in the Bahamas....off the map and off the grid...the internet grid that is! ;)

Until then....keep us aprised of your diving reports...and I'm OVER due for a vacation...so let us know when your couch is ready! :fish2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Wow! I've been out of the loop!! Congrads Simon! And I have to say, if you've already got Internet, a COMFORTABLE bed, and set yourself up with a few extras from the "everything must go" sale... you work faster than me! (Couldn't get all that done THIS fast in China!)

Good luck with the curtains, I had quite the adventure getting some when living in China...

I won't ask for the couch... it looks somewhat "booked" :birthday: ...er, floor space??? :wakawaka:
(Not above bringing a bribe of coffee or other products in my suitcase!)

#29 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Strange how no one wanted to visit when I was in Canada. Hmmm... Posted Image

Cat - we can talk when the weather gets better. There is little diving here for another 6 weeks or so. Posted Image

Simon,

There were no photos of your flat in Canada. :thankyou:

Robin

PS I still wanna visit. I could "bring" curtains along. :D

Edited by secretsea18, 22 February 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#30 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

There were no photos of your flat in Canada. :-D

Ask and ye shall receive...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think if my couch is this much in demand we should have another Dream Dive With Shadragon Auction. Would be the Third Annual...!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users