• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10: SOLD OUT!! Galapagos...the APEX of Diving! Oct 10-20th INCLUDING EXTRA DAYS!

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#391 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

Hi Gabrelle,
I have a Canon A540 sureshot & an Inon D 2000 strobe. I am interested in macro, wide angle and white balancing.
Thanks, Debra

#392 grayfins

grayfins

Meeting folks

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, NITROX; Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:365

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

I have two cameras:
Sea&Sea MX10 and strobe (35mm)
Sea&Sea 5000 and strobe (digital

I wish to improve my skills.

I have the PADI Digital Camera and Camers specialities.

Bill aka grayfins

#393 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 10 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

Thanks, Bill. I've seen your photography and it is wonderful! Of course we all can improve and learn from each other, but I am glad that you are also attending. :teeth:

I have two cameras:
Sea&Sea MX10 and strobe (35mm)
Sea&Sea 5000 and strobe (digital

I wish to improve my skills.

I have the PADI Digital Camera and Camers specialities.

Bill aka grayfins

#394 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

Thanks to AA and trying to use my miles to do this trip...( I am constantly earning them but I NEVER get to use them until NOW) we needed to arrive a day early to make it all work out. Actually this is a good thing and one I will try to do more often when I can. It gives me a chance to get the lay of the land, work out last minute details and of course if I can get online finish up a few things that need my attention....oh yeah...not to mention getting some much needed rest! :teeth:

We had 5 arrive early one of which was already in country but met us today at the hotel. They have all gone off to sightsee... Stephane went with friends from Ecuador to tour the countryside...pault has been here since the beginning of the month and so is seeing some of the local sights he has not seen yet and Gabrielle, Chad and OTWDiver are off to see the equator and watch water swirl the opposite direction! :lmao:

I am troubleshooting for possible weather issues that the East Coast will have today....the Central portion of the country had it yesterday and made my travel plans a bit dicey but fortunately we had phenominal success in rerouting and KUDOS TO AA for taking care of OTWDiver and myself when our 6:30 flight was cancelled. We were originally routed back via Dallas and they had to chg airlines so we could stay on the East Coast to make our flights. USAir did a great job getting us to Charlotte and then back to AA to get to Miami and then Quito.

All of this and it was for a no-fare ticket! :thankyou:

I have now found my second favorite reason for moving to a small town... :tears:

the AA staff at the airport were AMAZING. We arrived 1.5 hrs in advance aka 5am despite not needing to arrive until 6am. HOWEVER because we were the first ones there the agent had time to work on our tickets. Boy did we ne need it. So 40 minutes later she first eliminated a leg to Tampa and got us more direct routings. I had them at first but they have chgŽd several times and I had not noticed the last chg had an extra leg in it. Then she realized that the line of thunderstorms in Dallas would most likely affect our flights and asked her supervisor if she could Ždo thisŽand he said nothing was official but go ahead and do it. He was referring to setting up a contingency plan on the USAir flight in case our flight from GSP was cancelled....and it was. By the time we realized it...there was a line a mile long to reroute. I called into customer service to work on mine directly and was advised I was already protected on the USAir flight at 7:30. KUDOS a second time to AA for helping out. And the supervisor ensured that our bags were identified, pulled and rerouted to the AA flight and he personally handed us our bag tags on the USAir flight. :teeth: And finally I was going to splurge and upgrade to first class using my upgrade coupons on the DFW to Miami flight but later found out you can not upgrade on a free ticket. However our awesome agent had unbeknowst to me upgraded us anyway and so when we were on a commuter flight instead from Charlotte to Miami the flght attendant said I see you are supposed to be first class so how may I help you. She then proceeded to serve us first, brought us wine and snacks and then chatted with us whenever she was not doing regular duties on the plane. OTWDiver said everyone around us wondered what kind of VIPŽs we were....I just wondered why after traveling for 15 years on AA it had taken so long to ever get VIP service all in one fell swoop. And if it never happens again...IŽm ok. They WOWŽD me so much this time and I will continue to patronize them and speak highly of them. And yes all the airlines are hurting and they have lost a lot of quality as a result. But today this carrier shined due to the efforts of 3 outstanding employees at GSP airport. And I will be sending in kudos to their supervisors. I just canŽt say enough good things today...had we not been served so well we would not have made it last night. We would have made it today but its not the same. KUDOS TO AA.COM !!!

OK back to the trip at hand. If you are traveling today you will be met at the airport with a sign that has YOUR name on it OR SingleDivers. com. It will be easy to see. If your flights are delayed you may not have the welcome team here. Take a taxi to the hotel it is only $7 or $8USD. I will be in the lobby waiting for you unless it is too late. I will have a note for you for check in and if all else fails meet us in the lobby at 5am for breakfast and by 6am with luggage to head to the airport for the flight to Galapagos.

Otherwise I will meet you in the lobby as you arrive and tell you the same thing....breakfast at 5am. Luggage and departure in the lobby at 6am.

Safe travels and weŽll see you tonight. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#395 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

FOR THOSE TRAVELING TODAY TO QUITO:

If you are traveling today you will be met at the airport with a sign that has YOUR name on it OR SingleDivers. com. It will be easy to see. If your flights are delayed you may not have the welcome team here. Take a taxi to the hotel it is only $7 or $8USD. I will be in the lobby waiting for you unless it is too late. I will have a note for you for check in and if all else fails meet us in the lobby at 5am for breakfast and by 6am with luggage to head to the airport for the flight to Galapagos.

Otherwise I will meet you in the lobby as you arrive and tell you the same thing....breakfast at 5am. Luggage and departure in the lobby at 6am.

Safe travels and weŽll see you tonight. Kamala

p.s. if you need to reach me Im in room 705

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#396 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Have a great trip to Galapagos.

All of this and it was for a no-fare ticket! :thankyou:

I have now found my second favorite reason for moving to a small town... :tears:

the AA staff at the airport were AMAZING. We arrived 1.5 hrs in advance aka 5am despite not needing to arrive until 6am. HOWEVER because we were the first ones there the agent had time to work on our tickets. Boy did we ne need it. So 40 minutes later she first eliminated a leg to Tampa and got us more direct routings. I had them at first but they have chgŽd several times and I had not noticed the last chg had an extra leg in it. Then she realized that the line of thunderstorms in Dallas would most likely affect our flights and asked her supervisor if she could Ždo thisŽand he said nothing was official but go ahead and do it. He was referring to setting up a contingency plan on the USAir flight in case our flight from GSP was cancelled....and it was. By the time we realized it...there was a line a mile long to reroute. I called into customer service to work on mine directly and was advised I was already protected on the USAir flight at 7:30. KUDOS a second time to AA for helping out. And the supervisor ensured that our bags were identified, pulled and rerouted to the AA flight and he personally handed us our bag tags on the USAir flight. :teeth: And finally I was going to splurge and upgrade to first class using my upgrade coupons on the DFW to Miami flight but later found out you can not upgrade on a free ticket. However our awesome agent had unbeknowst to me upgraded us anyway and so when we were on a commuter flight instead from Charlotte to Miami the flght attendant said I see you are supposed to be first class so how may I help you. She then proceeded to serve us first, brought us wine and snacks and then chatted with us whenever she was not doing regular duties on the plane. OTWDiver said everyone around us wondered what kind of VIPŽs we were....I just wondered why after traveling for 15 years on AA it had taken so long to ever get VIP service all in one fell swoop. And if it never happens again...IŽm ok. They WOWŽD me so much this time and I will continue to patronize them and speak highly of them. And yes all the airlines are hurting and they have lost a lot of quality as a result. But today this carrier shined due to the efforts of 3 outstanding employees at GSP airport. And I will be sending in kudos to their supervisors. I just canŽt say enough good things today...had we not been served so well we would not have made it last night. We would have made it today but its not the same. KUDOS TO AA.COM !!!

And Kamala, as I guess you are at least a Platinum elite with AA (based upon my guess you fly alot, and hopefully you do prefer to keep with one airline to earn status!) You SHOULD get treated this way every time you fly AA! This is how it's supposed to be. I suggest you try for EXP status (Executive Platinum) and you will really know how nice the airline can be to you!!!!!

Take care, don't let the sharks bite, and have a great dive!

Robin

#397 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

It's been snowing here in Colorado today, 17 degrees this morning :thankyou:. It's warmed up to a balmy 24.....

I so wish I was with you for this trips, for a lot of reasons.

Have a great time, I still hope to dive Galapagos someday and can't wait to hear about your adventure.

#398 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

And Kamala, as I guess you are at least a Platinum elite with AA (based upon my guess you fly alot, and hopefully you do prefer to keep with one airline to earn status!) You SHOULD get treated this way every time you fly AA! This is how it's supposed to be. I suggest you try for EXP status (Executive Platinum) and you will really know how nice the airline can be to you!!!!!

Robin

Yes I made platinum last year since I was trying to coordinate my move to SC and had to wait until the last minute to book my flights. So instead of direct flights I had to do a lot of connections which bumped me over. I doubt IŽll ever make Executive Platinum but truthfully I was so tickled at how things worked out yesterday that it made up for a lot of traveling aggravations this past year!

I am so looking forward to an amazing dive trip...I have always dreamed of diving Galapagos!

formerly...

#399 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

It's been snowing here in Colorado today, 17 degrees this morning :teeth:. It's warmed up to a balmy 24.....

I so wish I was with you for this trips, for a lot of reasons.

Have a great time, I still hope to dive Galapagos someday and can't wait to hear about your adventure.

Carla I wish you were with us too! For MANY of the same reasons! HereŽs to a perfect dive trip... :thankyou:

formerly...

#400 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Robin

Yes I made platinum last year since I was trying to coordinate my move to SC and had to wait until the last minute to book my flights. So instead of direct flights I had to do a lot of connections which bumped me over. I doubt IŽll ever make Executive Platinum but truthfully I was so tickled at how things worked out yesterday that it made up for a lot of traveling aggravations this past year!

I am so looking forward to an amazing dive trip...I have always dreamed of diving Galapagos!

EXP is only 100K miles per year....

Don't tell me that I fly more than you???? I have 130K already this year, although divided between NW/DL and UA.

#401 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Robin

with a 130k you made diamond so you should really be set for next year.

Kamala might actually make EXP thus year with all of the Double EQM promos AA ran this year but time will tell and how many more tickets she has booked on aa. I hit platnium this year the hard way (<5k from DEQM) and could make exp but that would take a couple of MR and I don't know I could make it or stand that much more BIS time to make it even though I don't see my travel going down much next year.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#402 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

Robin

Kamala might actually make EXP thus year with all of the Double EQM promos AA ran this year but time will tell and how many more tickets she has booked on aa. I hit platnium this year the hard way (<5k from DEQM) and could make exp but that would take a couple of MR and I don't know I could make it or stand that much more BIS time to make it even though I don't see my travel going down much next year.

I donŽt work it like some of you all...it just happens. LOL! I guess I should be more savvy...and yes Robin you fly more than I do! k

formerly...

#403 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Robin

Dan,
Nope, not gonna make Diamond, as I would much rather have the new "rollover" miles (however it is what I used to have with NW Plat and I already buy the WorldClub) ....... 84K with NW/DL (all BIS!, none from DEQM) right now (with my Madrid trip pending) and 50K with UA (thanks to two TATL + one transcon).

I got two more trips .... DEMA (not booked yet), and my Christmas trip on CO to Cabo!

I might do a status match with Continental, as they are poaching elites right now, and are doing the matches really fast.

Maybe this should be it's own thread???

#404 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:18 AM

Robin

I donŽt work it like some of you all...it just happens. LOL! I guess I should be more savvy...and yes Robin you fly more than I do! k

Dear, we can teach you...... Not hard at all. Because YOU do fly much more than I do... add up your miles.

#405 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

WOW :lmao:

That was the dive vacation of a lifetime! Whale sharks, sea lions, hammerhead sharks, Galapagos sharks, turtles, manta rays, spotted eagle rays, and much more...amazing.

Everyone on the trip, please PM me for my email address so you can send your favorite pics (the ones you haven't already shared) as soon as possible to so I can wrap up the photo presentation. I really enjoyed meeting all of you!

Take care,
Gabrielle

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 23 October 2009 - 01:53 PM.
removed your personal email address per TOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users