• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010 Trip Ideas, Suggestions and Planning thread

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

In 2011 we are doing Truk and Palau as 2 separate trips back to back. You can do 1 or both and have options for doing each a short time or a long time....well for the most part!

Does that qualify? :)

You bet!!! I owe you a BIG KISS!!!

Now I just need to nail down the dates!!!

I'll need some more valuable info from you and all SingleDivers for the other destinations.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

Truk dates are set...working on Palau dates and options now. Even though this is 2011...we are trying to nail it down as quickly as possible. kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 Texan_in_China

Texan_in_China

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

Red Sea, is this land-based or liveaboard? I'm still not sure I can tolerate being on a boat for a week, being so sensitive to motion....[sigh]. But, this is on my bucket list and I'd love to go with a group like SD! Also, do we charter over from the East Coast, like we're doing on the Fiji trip from LAX?

I'll start saving for this one, as soon as I get my third trip for 2009 paid for! :D

Red Sea is generally via NY and the diving part is on a LUXURY liveaboard that is very stable and very luxurious...with 2 crew per passenger! WOW!!! :cheerleader:

It was one of the easiest liveaboards I'd been on as the boat was so big so you did not feel you were on a boat!

Plus we have really good seasickness meds! :teeth:

Kamala,
I am still definitely interested in a Red Sea trip and early next year should work fine. I will just need dates as soon as possible so that I can move my schedule around.

#64 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Kamala,
I am still definitely interested in a Red Sea trip and early next year should work fine. I will just need dates as soon as possible so that I can move my schedule around.

We have a Red Sea trip thread going..... HERE

Please post in that thread, and we can get you on the Interested List so you're notified when the trip is ready for booking. :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

We have broken the discussion about doing the Philippines into a new thread HERE!
Thank you! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#66 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

BTW, yesterday Lil Mermaid and I were discussing doing Roatan again, but this time doing the other end of the island (ie the Cocoview end, rather than BIBR). Any plans to go to that end in the future?

#67 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

WW,

I've only been on SD for about a year. But, I think Tahiti would be awesome. But, you guys may have already done that. Bottom line is ALL of the planning that you guys do takes a lot of work and I appreciate the trip planning. I am SOOOOO looking forward to the many dives trips with SD to expand my horizons.

#68 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

WW,

I've only been on SD for about a year. But, I think Tahiti would be awesome. But, you guys may have already done that. Bottom line is ALL of the planning that you guys do takes a lot of work and I appreciate the trip planning. I am SOOOOO looking forward to the many dives trips with SD to expand my horizons.

Here here!

Where?! Where?!

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#69 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

Meanwhile, back at the boat.....
dare I drag this topic back to the subject of a New Year's trip?

It looks like about 3 of us has expressed interest thus far.
Anyone else looking for a New Year's getaway? I'm looking for dates about Dec 26 to Jan 3.
Land based or liveaboard is fine with me. I just need water - interesting creatures to watch are a serious bonus.

uwfan, CaptainMorgan - any preferences on where?

WW, any ideas?

I will be looking for a New Year's trip every year as this has become a tradition for me. Every year since 2004 I have brought in the New Year at sea.

Anyone else COMMITTED to doing a New Year's Eve trip? We have not booked anything for 09/10 yet...

I'm interested in a trip for either the week following Mona (vacation break starts for me) or the next week which includes New Years.

Cool! Anyone else?

I should have Dec 15-Jan 3 off from work, so a trip during that time frame would work for me. I prefer non-liveaboard if possible, but that is not a total deal-breaker.

Kelly

Edited by SeaSeeker, 25 May 2009 - 08:40 PM.

Carpe Diem!

#70 Nesher

Nesher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:92

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

In 2011 we are doing Truk and Palau as 2 separate trips back to back. You can do 1 or both and have options for doing each a short time or a long time....well for the most part!

Does that qualify? :wakawaka:

This is a trip that I've always wanted to do. Do you know if both destinations are liveaboards? You can count me in for this one in 2011.

As far as 2010 is concerned I am looking to get to Fiji, the Red Sea, and the Caribeean.

#71 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

Does that qualify? :wakawaka:

This is a trip that I've always wanted to do. Do you know if both destinations are liveaboards? You can count me in for this one in 2011.

As far as 2010 is concerned I am looking to get to Fiji, the Red Sea, and the Caribeean.

There is a thread for the Truk Lagoon trip that can be found there. The Truk portion is on the Odyssey the Palau portion is TBD.

http://www.singlediv...showtopic=15564

#72 Buckeyediver

Buckeyediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Wow...You have plans for 2 of my ultimate, gotta-do dive destinations...Truk & Red Sea! I wish I could fit them both in...but I doubt it.

Anyway...I've not seen much discussion on a Costa Rica trip as a more affordable trip. I was seriously considering an '09 trip there on my own before signing up for the Roatan trip. I was looking at staying on the Pacific coast - not the far islands. Airfare is reasonable to Liberia, and diving around Ocotal seemed interesting, and a different experience than most Caribbean diving. From what I hear, the land tours are almost as cool as the diving.

Just a thought...anyone have any dive experience here?

#73 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Wow...You have plans for 2 of my ultimate, gotta-do dive destinations...Truk & Red Sea! I wish I could fit them both in...but I doubt it.

Anyway...I've not seen much discussion on a Costa Rica trip as a more affordable trip. I was seriously considering an '09 trip there on my own before signing up for the Roatan trip. I was looking at staying on the Pacific coast - not the far islands. Airfare is reasonable to Liberia, and diving around Ocotal seemed interesting, and a different experience than most Caribbean diving. From what I hear, the land tours are almost as cool as the diving.

Hi Buckeydiver,
there is a thread on Costa Rica here
http://www.singlediv...a...st&p=238142

I was diving at Playas del Coco - next town up from Ocotal - and it was great. Check out the thread for info on the dive shop I went with - Deep Blue Diving. They were great and I highly recommend them.

ciao,
SeaSeeker
Carpe Diem!

#74 Buckeyediver

Buckeyediver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hi Buckeydiver,
there is a thread on Costa Rica here
http://www.singlediv...a...st&p=238142

I was diving at Playas del Coco - next town up from Ocotal - and it was great. Check out the thread for info on the dive shop I went with - Deep Blue Diving. They were great and I highly recommend them.

ciao,
SeaSeeker

Cool, thanks for the info! I really like the idea of a Costa Rica trip, so I might it in 2010.

#75 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

Haven't seen much in here in a while..

This summer Lil' Mermaid and I went on a whale watch out of Juneau and were blown away by these amazing animals.

I see that the T&C Aggressor does snorkels with Humpbacks..

http://www.aggressor.com/subpage17.php

Anyone else interested?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users