• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

San Marcos River Diving...July 31 to Aug 2

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#16 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

We should do a SD cleaning the river, diving, tubing, Happy Hour at Gruene Hall weekend in June or July. I'd fly in for that! :birthday: ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#17 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

We should do a SD cleaning the river, diving, tubing, Happy Hour at Gruene Hall weekend in June or July. I'd fly in for that! :birthday: ~ D

OH YEAH!!!
I'd be there! So would Scotty, I'm bettin'! Let's work on organizing it, B! Figure out a weekend that will work for your schedule that also falls between SD trips (so that we can have a big turn out), and we'll start the ball rolling. We should be able to pull together a sizeable group.

Aight Texas divers! Let's make this a big'n!!! :birthday:

Attached Thumbnails

• texasflag.gif
  • diveflag.gif

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#18 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

OH YEAH!!!
I'd be there! So would Scotty, I'm bettin'! Let's work on organizing it, B! Figure out a weekend that will work for your schedule that also falls between SD trips (so that we can have a big turn out), and we'll start the ball rolling. We should be able to pull together a sizeable group.

Ok. Lets plan it for July. I'm going on SD trips in June and August. :birthday:

#19 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

OH YEAH!!!

Ok. Lets plan it for July. I'm going on SD trips in June and August. :birthday:

That narrows things down. It'll be good to see you again Punky!

Damselfish, what does your schedule look like in July??
Dustbowl Diver, what say you? You in for this??
WW, how's your schedule look in July?

Let's nail down a weekend, and I'll blast out a buncha emails to all the Texas/OKLA divers, as well as the "expats" like TCDamsel. :birthday:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#20 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'm kid free the whole month of July. I'll probably take most of the month off of work and travel. Any weekend works for me. There is an SD trip sometime in July but it's an expensive one so I can't go. Of course we want to avoid the July 4th weekend. Way too crowded. Talk to the others and let me know. It's hard to get hotels there in the summer because of Schlitterbaun. My ex mother in law lives in San Marcos. I can stay with her but would rather not if someone wants to share a room. We need to book some rooms quick though.
tty soon. B

:birthday:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#21 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

Okay, that leaves two possibles: the second weekend (Friday the 10th - Sunday the 12th), or the last weekend (Friday 31 July - Sunday 2 August).

What say y'all???

I need input from all the Texas & Oklahoma divers who would be interested in this sort of an event!

Which weekend is better for your schedule? Tell me in a post here. If either one will be fine, tell me that, too!

And yes, for those of you going to Fiji Bali/Wakatobi, the first weekend I mentioned does butt up to departure day, so keep that in mind.

Attached Thumbnails

• BuddhaSez.jpg

#22 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:40 AM

Okay, that leaves two possibles: the second weekend (Friday the 10th - Sunday the 12th), or the last weekend (Friday 31 July - Sunday 2 August).

What say y'all???

I need input from all the Texas & Oklahoma divers who would be interested in this sort of an event!

Which weekend is better for your schedule? Tell me in a post here. If either one will be fine, tell me that, too!

And yes, for those of you going to Fiji Bali/Wakatobi, the first weekend I mentioned does butt up to departure day, so keep that in mind.

With the big Wakatobi trip travel starting on the 11th, I think that weekend makes it a non-starter to draw in the Wenchie. That first weekend in August looks better and maybe the huge July crowds will pack up on the 31st and go home before the severe heat of August sets in on the 1st. Or maybe not :welcome:
I'm with Belinda though, you are not seeing me anywhere with 100 miles of that area on the July 4th weekend. I was down there the last weekend of June in '07 with Dallas folk and there was no room in the inn-- nor a patch of dirt to post a tent. I had a great time, but we were all sleeping in Austin.

You can put me down for preferring July 31st - Aug 2nd.
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#23 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Put me down for July 31 also. As I recall, the Comal is spring fed and just damn cold.... The heat of July/August helps balance the temperature and make a surface interval a bit more 'rewarding'!

Jim aka UP Diver
:welcome:
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#24 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm sure I can work it out to be there July 31st. The hotels around there are expensive. Like $175 - 200 a night for a 3 star. Maybe we could find a group rate if we get enough people and book early enough. ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#25 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Maybe there are some SD peeps in Austin who will put some of us up???

Austin is not that far a drive from San Marcos, by TX standards! Ya'll drive like bats outta hell! :welcome:
Posted Image

#26 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Are there any camping grounds in the area?

I am ok with any weekend in July.

It would be great if WW could be there, but we can't plan it around her insane crazy schedule! She may not even live in TX by that time.

#27 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

If WW approves this, then we can start a new thread for New Braunfel's Comal River Clean up weekend and see how many respond. There should be some group rates on condos ect. Maybe even through Schlitterbaun. There are lots of camp grounds. I love to camp but don't want to drag my camping gear on the plane along with my dive gear. I'm sure I can borrow sleeping gear from a friend who lives close.
We can go to Gruene Hall for Happy Hour. They have great bands. www.gruenehall.com The July schedule is not out yet though. But ALL Texas music is awesome!
I'm excited. I LOVE the river. That was one of the hardest things for me about leaving Texas.
~ D :cool2:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#28 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:32 PM

July 31st is a possibility for me. I would have to cover stand by so can't give a definate answer. I would have to go to work Sunday night so that S***s pond water too. I will have to keep watching.
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#29 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

I sure hope you can make it SISSY! Bring Bev! It will be fun! I promise I won't panic and tip your tube over! lol. :cool2: ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#30 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

I will be sure to tell Bev what's up!! Tipping tubes seems to happen on it's own when you tip too much drink!! :cool2:

There are several campgrounds around the river. I think Rockin R....Huaco Springs.... Lazy L & L....I had just been looking them up. I'll have to look again and get the proper names for ones interested in camping.

See if these come through....

Rockin R River Rides www.rockinr.com

Mountain Breeze Campground - www.mountainbreezecamp.com

Lazy L & L Campground - www.lazylandl.com

Landa RV Park & Campgrounds - www.landarv.com

Second Crossing Camp - www.2ndcrossingcamp.com

Camp Huaco Springs - www.rockinr.com

Edited by ScubaSis, 14 April 2009 - 01:48 PM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)