• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

MN lady wants OW training

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hey Minnesota Members! Are there any SD members who are OW Instructors out there?

We have a lady interested in getting OW certified in Minneapolis, and may be able to get her and her SO to sign up on SD..... If you are an instructor or know of a good one that you can recommend, please do so. She cannot make our HH on 4/11, unfortunately, but our MN HH Planner (lynnlchan) and I both know how to contact this lady.

SD has a lot of great past thread topics that those thinking about diving, or new divers, can get a lot of info from, too. If you have anybody in your life getting turned on to scuba, point them at those threads! Great educational discussions.

On April 9, 2009,

Hello,

I'm not sure if you'd be willing to help me out, but as a surprise for my significant other, I would like to learn how to scuba dive, (he is an avid diver). Can you recommend any classes/etc in the Twin Cities where I can learn and be licensed?

Since it's a surprise, I'm hesitant to ask him too much about diving/learning how to dive/etc. If your group could give me any recommendations or point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks so much!

Posted Image

#2 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

There are several good LDSs (local dive shops) that would help you get certified. A lot of folks pick a shop close to their home or work so classroom and pool sessions are convenient. I like A Diver's World in Lakeville - Pat and Nick there are great. Myron has Northland Divers in Woodbury. He's very knowledgeable. I know folks who got certified through Smith Dive (Fridley), Scuba Center (Mpls. and Eagan), and St. Croix Scuba (Hudson WI) and all were pleased.

That should give you some options to start with. Please post any concerns or questions. This crowd can answer anything I swear.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

I can't make too many recommendations about MN dive shops but I do know some folks who know so will ask for you! However I do know that you'll find a wealth of information on this site and so ask questions to your heart's content and you will usually get great answers without your s/o ever being the wiser! :cool2:

And you can also ask all those 'girl' questions that guys don't really know the answers too anyway! :)

So let us know if we can help...that is what our site is all about! And feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance!

One thought to leave you with...do make sure you want to learn to dive for you as well as your sweetie. Hanging out here will help you develop your own passion for the sport and also let you know its ok to NOT like cold water diving even if you live someplace cold but to LOVE warm water diving regardless of where you live. Basically there are two kinds of divers...cold water divers and warm water wusses....and I am PROUDLY in the latter category!!!! :lmao:

Good luck and I'm sure some of our members will be able to help out with names... I know Lynnlchan will certainly have some good recommendations! -kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users