• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

You KNOW you're a dive junkie when.....

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:45 PM

....life requires you to leave an area with amazing diving so you can earn a living.
Your old and new friends ask you how you like your new place..
Your only response is "THE DIVING SUCKS"!...

Edited by Cold_H2O, 22 June 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#32 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

- - - - You know you're a junkie when your favorite double dip doesn't come from an ice cream shop :wakawaka:

(Can I have the Spiegel and Duane or maybe the Eagle an Bib please?) :teeth:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#33 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

I'm sure we can think of more.....

You KNOW you're a dive junkie when.....

You hear that New York could be under 40' of water due to global warming, and you immediately think of the diving possibilities.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#34 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

You're on several internet dating sites and delete all the emails and winks because they don't mention diving, traveling or the beach! :cool2: ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#35 Dantheengineer

Dantheengineer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

When .............

You look back over your log and notice you've averaged slightly over 5 dives a week so far this year.

You have 17 tanks of varying size and there's only just you and the cat that live at your home address.

You plan an evening with "Divey" friends with the intent of looking through each others pics from the last dive trip
AND trying to drink champagne at the bottom of the pool coz we read it on Scuba Board and were just wondering...............

You spent ALL last weekend on a dive boat with friends but are giving serious thought to ditching the "future ex" to go on a night dive. Alone! If no one can/wants to come out to play with you........

Even your sunglasses case says Poseidon on it, the DAN flag is prominently displayed on your laptop and you have to use the mirrors to reverse because of all the dive stickers on you rear wind screen.

(Mmmmm......reading back, isnt the narcosis s'posed to wear off as you surface?) :cool2:
Regards
Dan Posted Image

Bahamas....Expulsis Piratis - Restituta Commercia Posted Image

There is no spoon.

#36 Hammered Head

Hammered Head

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:28

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

When you only have 28 logged dives, and you're already trying to make a career change to be on a dive boat 7 days a week...AND you currently live in Missouri! :cool2:

And I thought I had issues before I met you people! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
I grew up with four brothers......'nuff said!

#37 Dantheengineer

Dantheengineer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

When.......

You get all tearful EVERY time you log on to SD and see the "One Place left to fill on the Galapagos Dive trip, The Apex of diving" because your gonna have to start knocking over gas stations to fund your addiction soon! (Jus kidding :cool2: )
Regards
Dan Posted Image

Bahamas....Expulsis Piratis - Restituta Commercia Posted Image

There is no spoon.

#38 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:in the process of completing my OW class.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

you might be a dive junkie
- when you loose your job and all you can think about is not being able to go to the lake next weekend to dive.
-you loose your job and all you can think about is not being able to pay off that layaway you have at the dive shop.

#39 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

I'll add a few of mine...(from past experience)

-When you are stuck in Iraq and a stray dog gets sucked in the sewage pond pump and needs to be removed... and you are jumping for joy for a dive opportunity!

-When you get a 100 year flood in your area and you get the call from your rescue dive unit knowing that you’ll spend the next two days diving on streets and in buildings to recover dead bodies. You are excited, even though you know that it means you’ll most likely get ANOTHER skin borne bacteria, possible pneumonia, and you’ll have to replace your contaminated dry suit at the end of the day.

-When you get to a scene of a biologically contaminated pond, which you have to dive to do a search for a possible bomb, (and you are the first guy to suit up!)

-When you get out of the ocean after a dive, in zero vis, 15 knot current, 52 degree water, dive computer is shot, camera housing is flooded, your semi-dry suit is all cut up from being slammed into the rusted metal you’ve been diving in, your legs are openly bleeding, and the first thing you do is start to refill your tank and calculating your surface interval for your next dive!

-You’ve spent more than 100 hours building any single piece of dive equipment that you will now trust your life with.

-You can rattle off the phone numbers of about 20 dive shops on your state’s coastline, you know the number for the Coast Guard station and the local weather service, yet you can’t remember your home phone number.

-You are actively trying to figure out how to log onto the internet from underwater so you can take tele-commuting to the next level!

-You spent more money on tools and equipment, to service your dive gear than the Gross National Product of a small Latin American country.

-Your passport has endorsements from nearly every country that is know for drug smuggling or illegal human trafficking.

-You use underwater hand signals to order your seafood dinner.

-You’ve gone on a dive trip and forgot to pack even a change of clothes, and are stuck wearing the same tee-shirt and shorts for a 10 day live-aboard. Even worst, no one notices.

-You have a collection of rusty, junk items that you “found” while diving. The items are completely useless but you can’t part with them.

-You have never, ever stated the following sentence…
“I’m going to sit this dive out.”
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#40 scubachick43

scubachick43

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

When you only have 28 logged dives, and you're already trying to make a career change to be on a dive boat 7 days a week...AND you currently live in Missouri! :cheerleader:

And I thought I had issues before I met you people! :dontthinkso: :blond: :teeth:

I AGREE with Hammered Head. Wouldlove to figure out to change careers, and dive for a living. I looked into being a Safety Diver for NASA. LOL I have a co-worker's husband who works there. Boy, I have it bad!!!!

#41 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

Your a Dive Junky when you have all your scuba gear payed for in Full, but you are always late paying your house, insurance and car payments :cheerleader:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#42 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:59 AM

when your willing to spend hundreds on a second opinion because your doc told you NO diving till after surgery ugh
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#43 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

when your willing to spend hundreds on a second opinion because your doc told you NO diving till after surgery ugh

:welcome: I was "lucky" I had three doctors to choose from. One had to OK the diving. (or at least he didn't say "NO")
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

You know you are a dive junkie when you do 18 dive trips in one year, break the cardinal rule of the site that 'our hookups are to tanks', sell your home and move to a new home in another state in order to be with another dive junkie but have to fly to Florida first to do two back to back dive trips directly from the house closing thereby reaching your new home literally the next month AND plan a SD Happy Hour and Welcome to SC Event on the first day you are back which happens to coincide with your birthday....

I'm just saying... :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#45 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,145 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

You know you are a dive junkie when you do 18 dive trips in one year, break the cardinal rule of the site that 'our hookups are to tanks', sell your home and move to a new home in another state in order to be with another dive junkie but have to fly to Florida first to do two back to back dive trips directly from the house closing thereby reaching your new home literally the next month AND plan a SD Happy Hour and Welcome to SC Event on the first day you are back which happens to coincide with your birthday....
I'm just saying... ;)

As an entirely biased, uncredentialed and unofficial judge who was there to help WW celebrate that memorable SC HH, I am tempted to declare a Top Dive Junkie winner right here and now... but will put it to a vote instead. :respect:

(P.S. You forgot to mention having to move the business too.) :teeth:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users