• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Why being single is worth celebrating!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

Several times in the past few years, married guys have sidled up to me, looked carefully around for the wife, and said in a low voice:

"Don't ever get married."

SO, number 18 should be " you get to gloat when married people are jealous of you".

Of course, if the RIGHT woman came along I'd get married tomorrow. Being alone really does suck. Even with a cool cat and a life other people only dream about.

The operative word being RIGHT...
I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#17 Dive Burro

Dive Burro

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20+

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:03 PM

My default setting is a smile, and being single - while not optimal - will never change that. Life to me is kinda like being married to this beautiful, amazingly brilliant woman who just also happens to be a little crazy.....but she looks at you in a certain way often enough that the whole thing's worth it. It's just this great and secret show, and I'm not about to go around trying to turn the diamonds into coal.

Darling...with that attitude...you won't be single for long! And keep hanging out here and you'll probably meet the kind of women you've been dreaming about all your life. Afterall we dive because its OUR passion...not someone else's. We pay for our own gear and trips. And we know how important ultimately sharing a sunset with someone you care for can be...but we certainly won't miss one just because we haven't met that special person yet! :wakawaka:

I do think that too many single people are unhappy about their status. And unhappy people attract other unhappy people. Being single is a liberating and joyous time to prepare to be the best person you can be. And if you prepare properly...you just may find someone else who has been preparing for you! :D

Kamala, thank you; you're very kind. Also, I think your observation concerning the unhappiness often found among singles because of their status is dead-on. So you're not only kind, it seems....but also quite the perceptive Wench, as well. :)

Edited by Dive Burro, 07 July 2009 - 12:24 AM.

Fill a Coffee Cup With Water, and I'll Dive There, Too.

#18 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

I like the fact that I can have my Babies ( 2 minature Schnauzers) in the house or on the bed and don't get any flack about it. Besides where can you get more unconditional love from???? :wakawaka:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#19 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

Being single is a liberating and joyous time to prepare to be the best person you can be.

Well said! :thankyou:

I've spent the past year learning who I am as an individual.....personal growth, expanding my horizons and trying new things, working on my personal self-esteem, etc. etc. I have to say, I've become a happier and more outgoing person than I've ever been, and it shows.

Our society is geared towards couple-dom in lots of ways, but there is no reason to be unhappy with the single status....after all, there are many MILLIONS of single people in the world!

But to get into those "couples" parties, just find a good single friend who will be willing to team up with you for parties, and drop hints around to the couples who have parties that you'd like to be invited! :cool1:

After reading this I am realizing how blessed I am with my friends!!!! The majority of my close friends are married couples. I have never felt like an "addition" or and "afterthought" or that I would be the "odd person out." I interact with them individually and together. They very rarely try to "match-make" me.

We go on independently together vacations and trips. We share space to reduce cost and go our own way if we have separate things we want to do and touch base and maybe share a meal a day together. No pressure, no fuss, no muss and we have a great time. It really adds dimension to our friendship when we can share adventures. In fact one family just got their youngest son certified (age 14) and he keeps asking me when we can go diving. We are overlapping in the Keys this weekend.

#20 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Well let's see... you can get home from vacation and start planning the next without someone saying "No! we need to ..... " :thankyou:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

Several times in the past few years, married guys have sidled up to me, looked carefully around for the wife, and said in a low voice:

"Don't ever get married."

SO, number 18 should be " you get to gloat when married people are jealous of you".

Of course, if the RIGHT woman came along I'd get married tomorrow. Being alone really does suck. Even with a cool cat and a life other people only dream about.

The operative word being RIGHT...

Yup I've been told the same thing myself for years. But when the right one DOES come along...its as you say! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#22 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

# 14. You can go on SD trips and dress up as the most ridiculous thing you can think of and not have to worry about embarrassing anyone but yourself!!

Rereading this tonight...and had to SMILE!!! Thanks Sam for a GREAT memory of you in costume...STARS and ALL!!!

#23 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

# 14. You can go on SD trips and dress up as the most ridiculous thing you can think of and not have to worry about embarrassing anyone but yourself!!

Rereading this tonight...and had to SMILE!!! Thanks Sam for a GREAT memory of you in costume...STARS and ALL!!!

Yeah, Sam really made that an awesome SD costume party. As you say, it can still bring a smile to my face. I'll be polite and not post a picture.

Dave

#24 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, Sam really made that an awesome SD costume party. As you say, it can still bring a smile to my face. I'll be polite and not post a picture.

Dave

Hey Sam I won't make that same promise :P I guess I'll have to Promise as well...What goes TDY.... :)

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#25 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

Hey I warned Kamala when she asked me if I'd do it. I have a tendency to go big. What can I say. Good news is that I might be hopping on the Cozumel trip if all works out. Another costume party. I'll have to see how ridiculous I can get with this one!

Oh... and I'm pretty sure someone has already posted pictures. Hell, maybe I'll be able to go back to Bonaire and someone will remember me. It would be cool to be famous! haha.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#26 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

Oh there are pictures but I don't want anyone hunting me down. That and those are buried in with 15,000+ other photos from this summer I haven't had time to work on. As Dave says that was great contest and all I have to hear is butters from southpark to have that image pop in my head. Lol

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#27 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hey I warned Kamala when she asked me if I'd do it. I have a tendency to go big. What can I say. Good news is that I might be hopping on the Cozumel trip if all works out. Another costume party. I'll have to see how ridiculous I can get with this one!

Oh... and I'm pretty sure someone has already posted pictures. Hell, maybe I'll be able to go back to Bonaire and someone will remember me. It would be cool to be famous! haha.

I hope you can make the Cozumel trip!! A buddy told me about a Tequila factory tour!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#28 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, Sam, love to see you in Cozumel. Looks like it might be old home week.
Dave

#29 Wakemaker

Wakemaker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver (is that really

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

APPROVED FOR POSTING ON
Why being single is worth celebrating!

20. Don't you just love it because you can have blueberries on your Captain Crunch for breakfast, then wash it down with milk straight from the carton, with the 'fridge door open, while standing around eating it in your underwear... Posted Image

I HAVE TO EXCLUDE THE REST OF IT BECAUSE I WAS WaRnEd IT WAS NOT APPROVED (and would bar me from MOST future interpersonal activities with Ladies) Posted Image

...looking around the living room at all the old pizza boxes and soda cans from the night before and turning over suspicious items on the floor with your bare feet...Posted Image and then going back to bed.

Be honest; does being single too long dictate personal attitudes like "What I do with MY milk carton en da morning es MY bizness! Ets nacho bizness!" ;)

NOTE: The soure of the emoticons is not being given to protect the not-so-innocient... even though she looks quite-a-bit-like-the-innocent.

Edited by Wakemaker, 09 September 2009 - 08:36 PM.

SDHH in Seattle this weekend? Hum? What did you say? I just need to know. Tell me it is so!

#30 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

Definitely hoping to make it. Money is a little tight with buying the house and moving and everything. I've got my fingers crossed though. We'll see what happens. Plus, how do you say no to a tequila factory?
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users