• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Please Pray for Tina aka Twinklez and her mom...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

Tina, may you and your Mother find courage and support on the wings of an angel.
Your Mother's courage is an inspiration.
Carpe Diem!

#17 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

I want to thank you all again for your prayers and heartfelt thoughts. My mother passed away Sunday morning, Jan 31. I found this in her desk to and will share it with family and friends at her service next week:

Father time is the quencher of misery, the recipient of all our woes. He takes all our heartbreaks and loneliness and cools them with the eternal snows.

He makes us continue with living though breathing is a difficult task. He asks us to look only to the future, not to the heartbroken past.

Father time is the candle of hoping. He is the flickering flame of life. He is the only thing enduring when your love is torn by strife.

Though the years ahead look empty and the present is a hurting thing, Father time will in his way surely bring a substitute reason for living on a dove with a broken wing.

Father time will take all our sorrows. He will spread them to the wind. Leaving only the fondest of memories of the loved one taken from me.

I don't know where it came from; it's written in her hand on a very worn and faded piece of stationary. She had it on top of everything in her desk drawer as though she had left it there for me to find. Even though she showed hope and courage throughout her battle, I think she knew.

Edited by Twinklez, 02 February 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

Tina my heart is breaking for you. That was a beautiful poem to find...and yes she knew at some point her time was near.

Who knows how many countless times she read that poem to get her thru tough times. And I know you will do the same. It is beautiful as I am sure your mother was.

Peace be with you as you move thru this difficult part of the journey. I did it with my father and I can not fathom the time when it will be my mom. Let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Still in my prayers....Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Words fail me right now. I'm so sorry for your loss.

#20 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

What a beautiful poem and a lovely thing for your mom to have left you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lynn
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#21 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers Tina.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#22 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

:lmao: :lmao: to you Tina.

So sorry for your loss! :bye:

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 03 February 2010 - 05:20 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#23 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Tina,

I know that you are hurting right now. Try to remember that her battle and suffering are now over, and while it probably seems impossible, your pain will diminish over time.

There are people here who know you, care, and are willing to listen when you need them. Let us all help if we can.

PPM

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Tina, that is an amazing and powerful message of faith you Mom left for you to find.

Now the :bye: have eased your mother's pain and taken her to her reward. We will :lmao: for you and your family in your mourning. I believe Father Time (aka The Lord) will Bless your family with His Grace, and begin to heal the hurt you feel over your loss.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

• Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss Tina. I lost my mother 10 years ago and my father a little over 1 year ago. There are no words but I will try anyway. Your mother has past on and that is difficult but she is in someone else hand's right now and whatever happens from here on will be the right thing for her. In time you will heal as well and all will be as it should be. Hang in there, this is all part of the bigger plan.

#26 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tina. Let me know when and where the service is and I'll try to make it.

Hugs,
Que

#27 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

So sorry to hear of your mother's passing, Tina. Having lost my father a few years ago, I have some understanding of the hurt. May you find the strength to get through this and remember all the good times you had with her. That's what I do in remembering my father.

#28 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

What a beautiful thing to find, after she passed on. You have the comfort of knowing that she was prepared for what comes on her next journey. My condolences on losing your mother....a very difficult thing for any female to handle at any age.

Although it's a very sad time for you now, know that you are not alone with your grief. Your SD friends are here for you if you need us.
Posted Image

#29 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thank you all very much. The thoughts you've shared have certainly helped. I think I spent these first three weeks on auto pilot. I was numb and not feeling a lot. I realized what had happened, and even as prepared as I thought I was I could still hardly believe it. This weekend I reached a point where I was "feeling" what had happened. As bad as it feels, I believe it is a good thing. These are not feelings I want to bottle up inside. The sooner they come out, the sooner my heart will start to heal.

John, I've lost you number; maybe you still have mine?

Tina

Edited by Twinklez, 20 February 2010 - 03:59 PM.

#30 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

John, I've lost you number; maybe you still have mine?

Tina

Tina,

You can contact me through my web site HERE.

PPM

Edited by PlatypusMan, 20 February 2010 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users