• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-10: NOW BOOKING Halloween in Cozumel again Oct 28 to Nov 1, 2010 EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#61 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

For anyone going who has not purchased air yet... there may be some sort of sale going on right now. Including taxes and fees ATL-CUN is $346 on Delta for the days of the base package... I haven't decided what do yet... the air is tempting me but I missed the $90 discount... decisions, decisions!

I agree looks like good prices for air right now BOS--->CZM---->BOS Sat-Sun on AA $412.00--------------"That's a LOW Price"--------
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#62 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

WW or Punkie, can you change my t-shirt size to Large, instead of medium. Thanks!!
Carolyn

#63 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

WW or Punkie, can you change my t-shirt size to Large, instead of medium. Thanks!!
Carolyn

Will do.

#64 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

Payment Update:

1. George aka DiveTeacher ww got your cc payment for $1487.32 which is for full trip 8nights 7 day diving + nitrox21x10=210, extra night, extra dive S/O less prize winnings. (WW will calculate the actual price of your pkg and advise any balance due.) :thankyou:
2. Jeannie aka TXGyspy ww got your cc payment of $489 for 5 nites 4 days NON-DIVER pkg + meals + drinks LESS $30 early payment discount paid by May 4th. So price calculation is $489x1.03% cc fee=$503.67-$30 discount=$473.67 vs $489 so $15.03 refunded to you. :thankyou:

3. Sandy aka ScubaPunk ww got your echeck for $654 which is 5/4 pkg of $892-$90early pay=$802-$654=$148 balance due. :banghead:

#65 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I would like to join you in Cozumel.
I have lots of questions and need lots of help.
I wanted to make a full 7 day 6 night trip out of it. I noticed there werent too many other people staying that long? Will i have a problem getting a buddy for dives?
I need help on figuring out the total cost of the package i want.
I want to dive the max amount allowable, I dont dive nitrox, can i get 3 dives a day? If i plan on arriving on thurs and departing on a thurs, is that 5 days of 3 tank dives or 6? How much extra will my room cost with the food and the added days. Will i be able to find a roomate for the extra days?
- do i need to join DAN to get diving insurance?
Sorry about all the questions.

#66 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I would like to join you in Cozumel.
I have lots of questions and need lots of help.
I wanted to make a full 7 day 6 night trip out of it. I noticed there werent too many other people staying that long? Will i have a problem getting a buddy for dives?
I need help on figuring out the total cost of the package i want.
I want to dive the max amount allowable, I dont dive nitrox, can i get 3 dives a day? If i plan on arriving on thurs and departing on a thurs, is that 5 days of 3 tank dives or 6? How much extra will my room cost with the food and the added days. Will i be able to find a roomate for the extra days?
- do i need to join DAN to get diving insurance?
Sorry about all the questions.

WW is on the Red Sea right now, so I can give you my opinions..

Starting from the bottom, yes you have to join Dan to get the DAN insurance. YOu can go with Dive Assure as an alternative.
Based upon what I have observed being on this trip the last couple of years, we do get some late entries. There will most likely be a couple of others doing the 7 day package, the question is whether your date matches. Getting a roomate for the main dates of the trip (28th-1st) shouldn't be a problem. I would assume you would be in S/O in the others until you can try and see in this thread who else might be interested in your dates. The 6 days vs 5 days I would think depend on your flight schedule.

#67 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

I want to dive the max amount allowable, I dont dive nitrox, can i get 3 dives a day?

Hi Gobie,
I'm right there with ya for as much diving as possible. I did read this part in the start of the posts:

3 days diving 3 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics Dive Operation on premises (additional dives are available daily if we get 5 or more people)
• Unlimited Shore Diving...easy and beautiful!

Hope this helps! I'm on this trip. Hope to meet you there. :D

#68 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:31 AM

...I want to dive the max amount allowable, I dont dive nitrox, can i get 3 dives a day?...

What I took from this question, in addition to the above post (which I should have quoted), since you asked about about nitrox, was whether you could get 3 dives a day on air without worrying about your nitrogen load? If that is what you are asking, then absolutely, air can support 3, 4, 5 days a day, just keep an eye on your profiles. If you knew that already then my apologies for making up a question you didn't ask! I just started doing repetitive diving in the past year so I had some questions like that in the beginning.

Edited by Kate P, 09 June 2010 - 05:33 AM.

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#69 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

...I want to dive the max amount allowable, I dont dive nitrox, can i get 3 dives a day?...

What I took from this question, in addition to the above post (which I should have quoted), since you asked about about nitrox, was whether you could get 3 dives a day on air without worrying about your nitrogen load? If that is what you are asking, then absolutely, air can support 3, 4, 5 days a day, just keep an eye on your profiles. If you knew that already then my apologies for making up a question you didn't ask! I just started doing repetitive diving in the past year so I had some questions like that in the beginning.

Thanks everyone, all answers were very helpful. I'm sure i will have some more. See you all in Coz.

#70 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Thanks everyone, all answers were very helpful. I'm sure i will have some more. See you all in Coz.

Does everyone usually fly into Cancun? Is that the best way to get to cozumel? I am having a hard time getting a direct flight from boston.

#71 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

Does everyone usually fly into Cancun? Is that the best way to get to cozumel? I am having a hard time getting a direct flight from boston.

It's easier in my opinion to fly directly into Cozy. Otherwise you will need to get on another plane to get there or take the ferry.

I will send you the password for the trip documents.

#72 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

Depending on the days you travel, you will have to make the call on that one. The last couple of years I have flown into Cancun and out of Cozumel due to the limited number of flights during the off season in the fall. Most of the connections to Cozumel are going to be through Miami, Houston and Dallas. If you can get a flight direct to Cancun, you can either take the bus to PDC and then take the ferry over or what I did last year was catch a flight over from Cancun to Cozumel on Maya Air.

#73 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Depending on the days you travel, you will have to make the call on that one. The last couple of years I have flown into Cancun and out of Cozumel due to the limited number of flights during the off season in the fall. Most of the connections to Cozumel are going to be through Miami, Houston and Dallas. If you can get a flight direct to Cancun, you can either take the bus to PDC and then take the ferry over or what I did last year was catch a flight over from Cancun to Cozumel on Maya Air.

More questions:
The travel docs were sent to me;
They seem to ask what are flights, dive insurance, travel ins info.
Dont i first need to know how much my total trip will cost?(or do you approximate)
I probably need wreck wench to help me figure out the total cost?
#1 Is the next step booking a flight?
#2Would the next step be dive insurance and travel insurance
#3 then with all the info send in all the trip documents or do i fill in know what i know?
Looks like i will have to fly to miami and then into cozy.

#74 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Gobie, 1st off welcome from a fellow SD.com MetroBoston member. I was on this trip last year and had a great time. If your flexible a better option for you from Boston would be to travel to CZM on Oct 23 and return Boston Nov1, see American Air flight info below and price. If you find flights and FARE that you like, PULL The TRIGGER and purchase your air. Everything else can be back filled. My guess is that there will be divers arriving earlier in week that carrying over deep into Nov 3-4, so roommates would be easier to arrange. I'll let WW or trip mods give rooming cost/dive details, but don't let cheap airfare pass you by. Good Luck, Stan

AMERICAN AIRLINES 2417 BOS Boston Oct 23, 2010
06:05 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 23, 2010
09:20 AM 757 Economy

N
MODIFY

AMERICAN AIRLINES 473 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 23, 2010
11:00 AM CZM Cozumel Oct 23, 2010
01:35 PM 738 Economy

N

AMERICAN AIRLINES 364 CZM Cozumel Nov 01, 2010
01:40 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Nov 01, 2010
05:30 PM 738 Economy

Q
MODIFY

AMERICAN AIRLINES 490 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Nov 01, 2010
07:55 PM BOS Boston Nov 02, 2010
12:20 AM 738 Economy

Q

Fare Summary ?
Average Fare per Person: Departure - 174.00 USD Return - 119.00 USD
Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult
Departure Fare per Person 174.00 USD
Return Fare per Person 119.00 USD
Total Fare per Person 293.00 USD
Additional Taxes and Fees per Person 118.84 USD
Total Price 411.84 USD
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#75 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

More questions:
The travel docs were sent to me;
They seem to ask what are flights, dive insurance, travel ins info.
Dont i first need to know how much my total trip will cost?(or do you approximate)
I probably need wreck wench to help me figure out the total cost?
#1 Is the next step booking a flight?
#2Would the next step be dive insurance and travel insurance
#3 then with all the info send in all the trip documents or do i fill in know what i know?
Looks like i will have to fly to miami and then into cozy.

Hi gobie, It's a little difficult to determine exactly what your package will cost until everyone has signed up. The base package for the 7 night trip is $1138 for double occupancy. You would have a roommate for 4 of the 7 nights. Depending on whether or not anyone else signs up for the 7 night package, you may have to pay the single supplement for 3 of the nights which is $120.00 per night. So the short answer is... yes we will need to wait for Kamala to return from the red sea to help us with this.

7 nites 5 days diving 3 dives a day + meals + drinks: $1138 d/o

1) You can book your flight whenever you see a good price on airfare, assuming you are sure how many days you want to go, regardless of whether you have a roommate for the full number of days.
2) You should get your dive insurance now. You can wait till you talk to WW for the trip insurance.
3) You can send in the info you know on your docs now, and fill in the blanks later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users