• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-10: NOW BOOKING Halloween in Cozumel again Oct 28 to Nov 1, 2010 EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#76 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:36 PM

Gobie, 1st off welcome from a fellow SD.com MetroBoston member. I was on this trip last year and had a great time. If your flexible a better option for you from Boston would be to travel to CZM on Oct 23 and return Boston Nov1, see American Air flight info below and price. If you find flights and FARE that you like, PULL The TRIGGER and purchase your air. Everything else can be back filled. My guess is that there will be divers arriving earlier in week that carrying over deep into Nov 3-4, so roommates would be easier to arrange. I'll let WW or trip mods give rooming cost/dive details, but don't let cheap airfare pass you by. Good Luck, Stan

AMERICAN AIRLINES 2417 BOS Boston Oct 23, 2010
06:05 AM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 23, 2010
09:20 AM 757 Economy

N
MODIFY

AMERICAN AIRLINES 473 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Oct 23, 2010
11:00 AM CZM Cozumel Oct 23, 2010
01:35 PM 738 Economy

Stan i have a question about DAN insurance.
I only need the insurance for this one trip.
Is the master plan sufficient for my needs?
N

AMERICAN AIRLINES 364 CZM Cozumel Nov 01, 2010
01:40 PM DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Nov 01, 2010
05:30 PM 738 Economy

Q
MODIFY

AMERICAN AIRLINES 490 DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth Nov 01, 2010
07:55 PM BOS Boston Nov 02, 2010
12:20 AM 738 Economy

Q

Fare Summary ?
Average Fare per Person: Departure - 174.00 USD Return - 119.00 USD
Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult
Departure Fare per Person 174.00 USD
Return Fare per Person 119.00 USD
Total Fare per Person 293.00 USD
Additional Taxes and Fees per Person 118.84 USD
Total Price 411.84 USD

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

IMPORTANT PRICING CLARIFICATION....OPTIONAL PRICING:

Nitrox extra $10 per tank
Extra Afternoon dives available normally $45 but $30 for our group with a minimum of 5 divers
Boat Night Dives $55 normally but $45 for our group
Single Supplement Cozumel: $60 per night s/o on PKG dates or $120 s/o for extra non-pkg nights.
Extra Day of Diving: $60 per 2 tank dives
Extra night of hotel (does not include meals & taxes): $60 per night d/o (if available) $120 s/o
Meals/Taxes/etc: $45 per EXTRA days not included in a pkg MUST BE INCLUDED TO ALL BUILD YOUR OWN PKGS ADDITIONS.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Gobie, 1st off welcome from a fellow SD.com MetroBoston member. I was on this trip last year and had a great time. If your flexible a better option for you from Boston would be to travel to CZM on Oct 23 and return Boston Nov1, see American Air flight info below and price. If you find flights and FARE that you like, PULL The TRIGGER and purchase your air. Everything else can be back filled. My guess is that there will be divers arriving earlier in week that carrying over deep into Nov 3-4, so roommates would be easier to arrange. I'll let WW or trip mods give rooming cost/dive details, but don't let cheap airfare pass you by. Good Luck, Stan

N
MODIFY

N

Q
MODIFY

Q

Fare Summary ?
Total Price 411.84 USD

Gobie, I lost your question in that sea of blue. You ask??

The DAN master plan would cover your PERSONEL ie: injury to your body, see different level of plans at this link
http://www.diversale...nce/compare.asp

So, If you were hit with a case of DCS your chamber ride would be covered( not sure if insurance is secondary to your peresonel health plan or primary insurer, never had a chamber ride).

Do not confuse this with TRIP insurance which you can also purchase from DAN or a number of other travel trip insurance companies that WW has a link to on 1st or 2nd page of this thread, I use almost exclusively the CSA plan.

Hope this helps, I'm sure WW will expound on this. What did you do with your flights??

Edited by scubaski, 14 June 2010 - 12:26 PM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hi Gobie and welcome to the trip! I am still a bit jet lagged so not exactly clear what you still need answered other than a final price.

Your final price is contingent on exactly what pkg you are doing and of course if you are staying any extra days. As mentioned before...we guarantee a d/o same gender roomie for the base trip and we help you get a roomie for any other pkg configurations/days.

I reviewed the optional pricing and make it a bit clearer as to what the s/o would cost for nights that are part of a pkg and what they would cost for extra nights. (Do keep in mind that you need to add diving and food/taxes to each extra night you opt to stay which is why the pkg diving is so much cheaper and we are offering so many choices for you.)

As we get closer to the trip more people sign up. We honor a first signed up first served with roomies. So if you are the first to sign up for the 7/5 or 6/5 pkg and another person signs up for the same dates then if they are a guy you two will be roomies. If its a girl she has the OPTION to room with you if you are ok with that to save money but I will not force guys and gals to stay together. If a 3rd guy signs up for the same dates then they have to do s/o until the 4th signs up etc. (I hope that makes sense!) So jumping on now is the best course of action as the risk is smaller that you'll end up doing a s/o for some of the nights. Waiting is riskier if you are planning to go. If you need a guarantee of a d/o for the extra days beyond the main pkg then your best bet is to recruit a friend for the same dates.

Let us know what else we still need to cover for you. I think the pricing clarification should help you better estimate what the trip will cost you. If you still want it priced out then please itemize exactly what you want me to price out and I will. :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#80 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

N
MODIFY

N

Q
MODIFY

Q

Fare Summary ?
Total Price 411.84 USD

Gobie, I lost your question in that sea of blue. You ask??

The DAN master plan would cover your PERSONEL ie: injury to your body, see different level of plans at this link
http://www.diversale...nce/compare.asp

So, If you were hit with a case of DCS your chamber ride would be covered( not sure if insurance is secondary to your peresonel health plan or primary insurer, never had a chamber ride).

Do not confuse this with TRIP insurance which you can also purchase from DAN or a number of other travel trip insurance companies that WW has a link to on 1st or 2nd page of this thread, I use almost exclusively the CSA plan.

Hope this helps, I'm sure WW will expound on this. What did you do with your flights??

I think i am going to go with my original plan of arriving on the 28th and departing on 4th. I would feel more comfortable starting off in the group then later in the week, not minding if only a few people stay. Are you going?

#81 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi Gobie and welcome to the trip! I am still a bit jet lagged so not exactly clear what you still need answered other than a final price.

Your final price is contingent on exactly what pkg you are doing and of course if you are staying any extra days. As mentioned before...we guarantee a d/o same gender roomie for the base trip and we help you get a roomie for any other pkg configurations/days.

I reviewed the optional pricing and make it a bit clearer as to what the s/o would cost for nights that are part of a pkg and what they would cost for extra nights. (Do keep in mind that you need to add diving and food/taxes to each extra night you opt to stay which is why the pkg diving is so much cheaper and we are offering so many choices for you.)

As we get closer to the trip more people sign up. We honor a first signed up first served with roomies. So if you are the first to sign up for the 7/5 or 6/5 pkg and another person signs up for the same dates then if they are a guy you two will be roomies. If its a girl she has the OPTION to room with you if you are ok with that to save money but I will not force guys and gals to stay together. If a 3rd guy signs up for the same dates then they have to do s/o until the 4th signs up etc. (I hope that makes sense!) So jumping on now is the best course of action as the risk is smaller that you'll end up doing a s/o for some of the nights. Waiting is riskier if you are planning to go. If you need a guarantee of a d/o for the extra days beyond the main pkg then your best bet is to recruit a friend for the same dates.

Let us know what else we still need to cover for you. I think the pricing clarification should help you better estimate what the trip will cost you. If you still want it priced out then please itemize exactly what you want me to price out and I will. ;)

I understand now, after reading the whole site 5x :cool2: .
I will do the 7 nites 5 day package.
I found flights direct into cancun. Do i need to add in $15 for taxi ride to ferry, then additional money for the ferry too?
Did you mention you have some special deals with some airline carriers?

#82 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

I dig CZM!!! however I've been TOTALLY out of sync with SD.com trips this year re: employer and co-workers vacation requirements. I had XMAS to NYE off last year and coworker gets 1st dib this year. Another smoking good time I loose out on. Neptune will realign ScubaSki soon!! Sorry I can't make CZM....
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#83 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Document Update:

1. Bruce aka Gobe: Received your Waiver & Survey! :cool1:

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

I understand now, after reading the whole site 5x :cool1: .
I will do the 7 nites 5 day package.
I found flights direct into cancun. Do i need to add in $15 for taxi ride to ferry, then additional money for the ferry too?
Did you mention you have some special deals with some airline carriers?

5x is good! :cool1:

Here you go...

I will do the 7 nites 5 day package.- $1138 d/o $1439 s/o (assume s/o for now until we get another guy/person doing these dates or most of these dates. We can also give you a roomie for part of the pkg during the group trip dates of Oct 28th to Nov 1st.)
I found flights direct into cancun. Do i need to add in $15 for taxi ride to ferry, then additional money for the ferry too? - You will take a taxi from the airport in Cancun to the Ferry Station in Playa Del Carmen..not sure the price but would assume about $20 or so. Then you will take the ferry from Playa to Cozumel which will be about $7 bucks or so if I recall correctly and then a taxi from the ferry station to the hotel which is about $8 bucks or so. Of course you will reverse that when you return so you will need to leave plenty of time to get across the channel and back to Cancun.
Did you mention you have some special deals with some airline carriers?- I can get some deals with several 'charter carriers' depending on where you live. What airport would you be flying out of?

Also do you want nitrox? And will you need any extra nights?

formerly...

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

I dig CZM!!! however I've been TOTALLY out of sync with SD.com trips this year re: employer and co-workers vacation requirements. I had XMAS to NYE off last year and coworker gets 1st dib this year. Another smoking good time I loose out on. Neptune will realign ScubaSki soon!! Sorry I can't make CZM....

This is our 3rd annual trip...and we'll be there next year as well...so PLAN TO JOIN US THEN!!! :cool1:

formerly...

#86 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

With the 7ntes 5day package- the dates are =arrive on oct 28th and depart on nov 4th- Correct?
(if that is correct then i wont need any additional nites)
Yes- if you hook me up with a roomie that will help.
I would be flying out of boston Logan airport
i found a flight for $350 with jet blue, but it flys into cancun. I'm hoping to fly direct into cozy.
What's next?
Do i send you a check??? For $1138 ?
Then do i get DAN and Travel Insurance?
Is the middle tier ok for DAN coverage?

#87 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

I wont need nitrox(not certified for it)
How much extra is it to get certified for nitrox?
How much extra is it to get deep diver certification?

#88 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:43 AM

I wont need nitrox(not certified for it)
How much extra is it to get certified for nitrox?
How much extra is it to get deep diver certification?

Usually on our trips the nitrox is $100-$150 + c-card if you do the book work in advance. If you don't do it then its $200 -$250 + c-card.

Deep Diver Cert requires a certain number of dives before completing...pm (you can upgrade to premier if not already for $35 and file for a premier member rebate of $25 after the Cozy trip so your membership is only $10 which gets you TONS of discounts on gear and travel.) Or email me using the email in my signature your diving history.

I will get a price for this class for you in the next few days. kamala

p.s. getting nitrox certified IS the way to go in your diving career. It adds safety as well as more enjoyment to repetitive diving.

formerly...

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:01 AM

Hey gobie my replies are in red next to your questions. -ww

With the 7ntes 5day package- the dates are =arrive on oct 28th and depart on nov 4th- Correct? - Yes correct. I was not doing the math on this particular trip and was just speaking generically when I asked if you needed any extra days.
(if that is correct then i wont need any additional nites) - gotcha!
Yes- if you hook me up with a roomie that will help. - We plan to hook you up with a roomie. The only trip we can guarantee a d/o is the base trip of Oct 28 to Nov 1st. So before you book understand there is a slight possibility that you may not have a roomie for your pkg configuration but since this trip is MONTHS away and you are first to sign up for that config you should be just fine in getting a roomie for your pkg. (We pride ourselves in not only having a roomie but a great one based upon your own similar preferences regarding smoking, snoring, room temps, etc. However when we are 'date' limited obviously we can't be as granular as we can whenever everyone is doing the same dates. That being said...we will do the best roommate matching we can for all people who are doing the same configuration and dates as you are.) :pray:
I would be flying out of boston Logan airport - Let me see what I can come up for you. Not sure I can beat the Jet Blue deal but as you say...its to Cancun which is not as ideal as Cozy. And unless its a group flight like the Red Sea trip was...we do charge $25 for handling it for you.
i found a flight for $350 with jet blue, but it flys into cancun. I'm hoping to fly direct into cozy.
What's next?
Do i send you a check??? For $1138 ? - Yes send a check for the d/o price and we'll figure out what your final price will be within a couple weeks of the trip once we know who all is going.
Then do i get DAN and Travel Insurance? - Yes you will need to get insurance. Pls also look at DiveAssure as it is primary insurance meaning they pay the providers directly whereas DAN is secondary ins and you pay first and then DAN reimburses you. If the bills are only a couple hundred dollars then its not a big deal...if they are thousands of dollars its a huge deal. DiveAssure is BOTH diving and trip insurance. Dan has several Diving policies and at least one or so trip insurance policies. Dan's dive insurance covers a year. The trip ins is only for 1 trip at a time. DiveAssure can offer a one trip policy or an annual policy that covers both trip and diving ins. At the end of the day if you are planning several trips in a 12 month period getting the Dive Assure can be the way to go as once its bought...it covers you. Get it and forget it until you need it. Sadly we jump on a last minute opportunity and we forget to get specific ins for that trip and then something happens and we can't go and then we are out the money. If you are ONLY doing 1 trip a year then consider CSA for your trip ins and DAN for your dive ins or the one trip policy by DiveAssure. (I hope this helps.)
Is the middle tier ok for DAN coverage?

formerly...

#90 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

A Note About Quoting...

If you want to post ALL the info that has been said so far then use the REPLY button under the post you want to quote. If you want to just reply without all that extra stuff in it then do the following:

1. Either use the reply button under the post and then do a control A to select and control D to delete (or simply hit the space bar to clear the text) or
2. Use the REPLY button at the BOTTOM or VERY TOP of the page and it will open a box with nothing in it.

And finally...when replying to a post that has 'stuff' in it...pls do not reply inside the quote boxes or we'll lose your reply. Make sure you reply above or below the quote boxes. Thank you! kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users