• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NEW- TSA 72 HOUR RULE re: SECURE FLIGHT

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi All, I often buy my air well in advance, if you do the same you may be interested in the NEW TSA and HOMELAND SECURITY 72 hour rule for travel after NOV 1, 2010. If you bought air a couple months ago for travel after Nov 1 you need to update your travel documents page BEFORE 72 HOURS of your flight departure. See the American Airline link below for more details.

http://www.aa.com/i1...le=secureflight
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#2 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

The good news is that if you're booking through Orbitz, they are already asking for this info when booking your flight. I booked my flight for the March 2011 Bonaire trip recently and had to answer those questions. I don't know if other flight services are doing the same.

TSA FAQ's on this subject state that small differences between your boarding pass and your official ID (driver license or passport) - particularly when it comes to middle name vs middle initial vs nothing at all - should not hinder your boarding process. Guess that remains to be seen....
Posted Image

#3 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

As that is only for American Airlines (the walk all the way across Texas airline :teeth: ), here is the link to the TSA Secure Flight site for more general information about this "new enhancement" to improve "security" on our flights.

TSA Secure Flight website link.

#4 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

The good news is that if you're booking through Orbitz, they are already asking for this info when booking your flight. I booked my flight for the March 2011 Bonaire trip recently and had to answer those questions. I don't know if other flight services are doing the same.

TSA FAQ's on this subject state that small differences between your boarding pass and your official ID (driver license or passport) - particularly when it comes to middle name vs middle initial vs nothing at all - should not hinder your boarding process. Guess that remains to be seen....

Yeah, most sites do ask for it, but don't require it at booking. I expect that email reminders will be sent too. No airline wants to have to start losing customers because of this.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hey Robin thank you for the info...but the link is now broken. :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Not sure what Robin linked, but here's the TSA Secure Flight program link:

http://www.tsa.gov/w...rs/secureflight

The 72 HOUR Rule is part of the program, finding the details require downloading about a 15 page PDF file. The AA link is a shorter version of info. I think the sentance to be proactive of is "To travel November 1, 2010, or later regardless of purchase date". So if you bought a ticket lets say in Jan. and show Thanksgiving day for a trip to offshore you may have a bumpy check in process with out 1st updating your frequent flyer account .

Edited by scubaski, 22 August 2010 - 01:34 PM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#7 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Delta asked for this info when I booked my flight for DEMA in November, and would not let me complete the purchase until I provided it. Only problem is that I am Jim Jr, and of course there was no place to enter that info on the web form. I am going to be pissed if my boarding is delayed because my ID does not exactly match my boarding pass.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#8 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

As that is only for American Airlines (the walk all the way across Texas airline :rolleyes: ), here is the link to the TSA Secure Flight site for more general information about this "new enhancement" to improve "security" on our flights.

Link: Secure Flight

Edited, but the system will not let me edit my own post?!

#9 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

Robin, Your link is now working!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users