• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Going to be offline for a while

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Well I'm back at home now. Was discharged about 5 pm. Relatively short stay considering the level of surgery required and was on some major pain killers and still am just not in IV form. So for the next two weeks Im supposed to relax and then after the first post op visit the real fun will begin with the rehab program and such.

Well the mere are kicking in so I will catch you all after for Zzzzzzzzzz.

Dan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#17 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:37 AM

Keep healing Tooth! (Sleep is great for that! :P )

#18 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

A little of a update for those that didn't see it on facebook.

Was discharged last Thursday and pretty much did nothing(think the life of a cat) over that weekend, was feeling okay but needing the painkillers.

Then Tuesday i was just not feeling good at all as i was sweating buckets, that and my incision was looking not so nice. so a call to the doctor who said come on in. Went to the ER and got the once over and was admitted so they could do some lab work and get some fluids and antibiotics in me, and get a better look at my incision. Now normally im not the worlds easiest needle stick, when you add being a little dehydrated someone better be on there best A game if they want a chance to get a IV or blood. Fortunately the charge nurse was good but it still took 6 attempts to get a IV started and labs drawn. Once they got the fluids and antibiotics on-board i started to feel a bit better, but still took 1500cc (3/4 of a 2 liter) before i started to feel better and in total had almost 7 liters of fluids IV and drinking over the course of the stay. Ended up staying two nights and was discharged yesterday back home. Since then I have been at home and just taking it easy as I dont want to get sick again, nor mess up my surgeons handy work. Have a follow up appointment next thursday for which i will find out where things go from here and my rehab/physical therapy will entail; as I want to get back to my life ASAP OS as there is alot to catch up on

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users