• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: Oct 1-8, 2011 Grand Cayman ...SAVE THE DATE!!!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This trip is NOW open for booking for our premier members and above until May 21st midnight HERE!

If you want to see all the trip details then please upgrade to a premier member. Its easy and its $35 a year but you'll get $25 back after every trip you take with us if you file for it within 30 days after the trip.

Hey gang...we have locked in Grand Cayman Island for Oct 1-8, 2011 of next year at Cobalt Coast diving with our very good friends DiveTech!
Posted Image

We can get the pkg for 25%* off regular rates, qualify for run of the house upgrades for early bookings, and I have locked in an air contract with Cayman Air for some AWESOME PRICING OUT OF MIAMI that is so low we may build the base into the pkg price and you just pay the taxes and your way to Miami!!! Our price will be $160 round trip + taxes.

* So a week of 2 tank boat dives including food and lodging d/o is in the $2200 range since food is VERY expensive on the island. We have negotiated a 25%-31% discount so will be $1495 d/o for the week including Meal Plan. If we do 3 boat dives it will be another $300 on top of that so I'm looking at only doing 2 boat dives and LOTS OF SHOREDIVING!!!

Cayman Airlines is THE DIVER'S AIRLINE!!! They allow 2 bags up to 55 pounds each FREE! And they are CHEAPER than the other carriers who fly to the island but charge you more for less.

So stay tuned...we have wanted to do Cayman's for a very long time and its within our reach.

SEND ME A PM* TO LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS TRIP IS OPEN FOR BOOKING: (PLEASE TELL US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE AIR CONTRACT FROM MIAMI TO CAYMANS ROUND TRIP)

* Must be a premier member to get a pm.

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - yes I want the air contract
2. Sissy aka ScubaSis - interested in the air contract
3. Tina aka Libra89
4. Jan aka JanS
5. Jerry aka Jerrymxz
6. Joe aka kingston
7. Margaret aka scubajunkie6
8. Kate aka KateP
90. Beth aka bubbles
10. Scott aka Handyman
11. Kathy aka HoustonAngelfish
12. Jeff aka sparky103
13. Dave aka DaveL
14. Keith aka Keith in Tulsa
15. Dan aka Scubatooth
16. Jeff aka Seahorsewrangler
17. David aka Divin' Dave
18. Bruce aka gobie
19. Ray aka Ramon1969

If you want to know when this trip is open post in THIS thread saying you want to go and we'll send you notification when its open for booking.

Want to be certain you get a spot before it fills up? Then register as a Premier member for $35 per year of which you will get $25 back after every trip you take with us if you file for it BECAUSE our premeir members get 7 days advance booking on all our trips and many times the trip or the class of rooms you may want fill up during that first week. So upgrade today and post in this thread you want to go and SAVE MONEY with our special EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS also good during the first 7 days the trip is open. [/b][/size][/color]

To register as a premier member and new member at the same time:

1. Create a screen name on the site...something fun and creative like Wreck Wench or fingrabber or Sea Urchin or PlatypusMan or Seahorse Wrangler or Scubapunk or Landlocked Dive Nut... you get the idea...

2. Choose premier member as part of the registration process.

3. Choose either paypal for immediate membership upgrade and complete your paypal transaction

OR

4. To pay via credit card or check chose POST which says to mail a check. DO NOT MAIL A CHECK...BUT proceed to the payment remittance so your subscription is set up properly and THEN click on the payment link in my signature line or along the top of the forums or on the home page. THEN proceed to pay via credit card or echeck.

To upgrade from basic member to premier member:

1. LOGIN to SingleDivers.com

2. Look for the MEMBERSHIP Button next to the search box or under it along the top.

3. Click on the button and choose Premier Membership and proceed to payment options.

3. Choose either paypal for immediate membership upgrade and complete your paypal transaction

OR

4. To pay via credit card or check chose POST which says to mail a check. DO NOT MAIL A CHECK...BUT proceed to the payment remittance so your subscription is set up properly and THEN click on the payment link in my signature line or along the top of the forums or on the home page. THEN proceed to pay via credit card or echeck.

IMPORTANT PRICING & FLIGHT UPDATE:

While finishing up the trip posting I wanted to get you the final pricing and flight info. This pricing reflects between 25-31% discount off of normal pricing.
Please NOTE the trip is NOT open for booking yet but should be later today.

GROUP CONTRACT FLIGHTS - ONLY Available until July 4th unless I pay to hold the spot (PRICE approx $160+taxes) :

KX123N 01OCT J MIA/GCM HK24 1230P 155P /E

KX102N 08OCT J GCM/MIA HK24 745A 1005A /E

Pricing for Oct 1-8, 2011 INCLUDES:

• 7 nights lovely accommodations at Cobalt Coast
  • 10% accommodation tax and 10% service charge
  • Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including 15% restaurant gratuity (may be served buffet style)
  • Round-trip airport transfers*
  • Welcome beverage during group orientation meeting
  • 6 days of 2-tank boat dives (usually to the North Wall)
  • Unlimited shore diving on boat diving days.
  • Welcome tank and weights for check out dive on day of arrival

$1494 d/o
Rooming includes a combination of two-bedroom oceanfront/gardenview suites with 2 beds per room and one-bedroom oceanfront/gardenview suites with 2 beds per room and shared common areas. (These are NOT hotel styled rooms!) - Early bookings will qualify for chance at FREE upgrade to oceanview rooms.

$2160 s/o
Single Occupancy rooms are very nice hotel styled rooms with Queen or King beds.

NOT included in package price:

• Beverages during non-meal periods
  • Alcoholic or premium non-alcoholic beverages
  • Meal plan surcharges (premium items such as steak upgrade for US7.50, extra items, Sunday BBQ buffet)
  • Dive staff gratuities
  • Other side trips or add-ons
  • Weekly Nitrox Pkg of $85 (includes tanks for shorediving)
  • Cf100 tank upgrades: $5 per tank limited to 2 divers only who REALLY need a bigger tank
  • Airfare including the MIA/GCM contract air.

*Round-trip airport transfers:

NCT/Bush Tours provides the round-trip airport transfers in the packages. Please provide us with every guest’s itinerary detailing airline carrier, flight number and actual times of arrival in and departure from Grand Cayman at least 2 weeks prior to arrival. The reservation for their round-trip airport transfers will be made in the dive group's name. Please let your customers know that they will see the bus driver holding up a sign that reads “SINGLEDIVERS.COM” after they exit the airport once they have cleared Customs. They will bring everyone to the Resort so they can start their fantastic dive vacation.

This is a LUXURY trip with superb discounting.
These are deluxe studios with a separate bathroom per every two guests. So two bedrooms means two complete bathrooms and each are attached to the rooms they are belong too PLUS a common living area. VERY NICE! :clapping:

Two Bedroom Layout:

Posted Image

Two Bedroom Common Area:

Posted Image

One or Two Bedroom Bedroom Configuration which can be 1 king or 2 single beds:

Posted Image

Single Occupancy Hotel Rooms:

The single occupancy rooms are usually the oceanfront rooms which are located on the pool deck level. You have a choice of 2 full size beds or 1 queen bed. The oceanfront room also has a mini refrigerator, coffee maker, wet bar (sink) and table and chairs. These units are ideal for a couple who want easy access to the pool or for a single diver.

Posted Image

Single Occupancy Hotel Room Bathroom:

Posted Image

EXTRAS & ADD-ON'S:

As I put the finishing touches on this trip I wanted to get you all thinking about add-ons. I hope to have this posted today if my computer will cooperate. Its still being flakey...and Scott thinks it may have a virus so will limp for a few more days and send it to him as soon as I get my hands on the back up computer we set up.

In the meantime...here are the optional dives/activities in Cayman you can do!

Stingray City - $60 per person (1) tank pm dive:

Can I drive to Stingray City? Not quite. Stingray City has been described as the world's best 12-foot dive. You'll find Stingray City in the shallows Grand Cayman's North South. It is just inside a natural channel that passes through the barrier reef and Barker's National Park crossing the North Sound from Morgan's Harbor to Rum Point located on the other end of the Island. Divetech our dive operator offers a 1-tank afternoon boat dive to Stingray City. You can go as a diver or as a snorkeler. You'll have a chance to interact with the Southern Stingrays and watch our dive instructors "rodeo" them around for their reward - squid. Dive instructors are the only ones that feed the stingrays and the eel.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

NEW! The Wreck of the ex-USS Kittiwake - $100 per person (1) tank pm Dive:

The 251 foot ex-USS Kittiwake, a former US Navy submarine rescue vessel ASR-13 was sunk on the West side of Grand Cayman on January 5, 2011. Join us for an afternoon 1-tank boat trip to dive & explore this new fabulous dive site! The one tank trip guided tour is $100 per person including the marine park entrance medallion, or $60. for snorkelers.

Posted Image

Lighthouse Point Shore Diving - Available almost anytime for diving - No add'll charge:

Divetech is excited to introduce you to their newest shore diving site at Lighthouse Point at 571 NW Point Road in West Bay. Our new location is around a ½ mile south of our original site. Lighthouse Point has an extremely healthy reef and the abundance of marine life is astounding, along with all the outdoor amenities that you have come to expect from Divetech. The site features a mini-wall from 30 - 60 feet just minutes from shore, and access to the deep wall only 10 minutes off shore. Multiple wave notches, chutes, overhangs and pinnacles make for interesting topography for diving.
Posted Image

An old anchor (1815 - 1850) plus other artifacts are located in the shallows to check out on your way back in. Lighthouse Point is designated as Historical Shipwreck Site # GC 33, a known archaeological site and just offshore in 15 feet of water you can see an anchor dated between 1815 - 1850's. We ask all guests to please not touch or disturb the anchor, and leave it for future visitors to see.
Posted Image

Cayman Antique Motor Museum - $15 per person 9-5pm M-Sat:

When in Grand Cayman and staying at Cobalt Coast Resort, we are just a few minutes away from the Cayman Motor Museum where you can see the first car in Grand Cayman a 1905 Cadillac:

Posted Image

You'll also see the original Bat Mobile - one-of-a-kind

Posted Image

The Cayman Motor Museum is open to the public from 9am until 5pm Monday through Saturday and closed on Sunday. The museum is located in West Bay. Price of Admission:

Adults pay US$15 each* Children (under 12) US$7.50 each*

*Prices may change - please call them directly at (345) 947-7741 to verify current prices **Photos have been used with permission from Cayman Motor Museum

Hell - No add'l Charge:

Hell is located just a few miles from Cobalt Coast Dive Resort. It's about 30 minutes by walking or 5 minutes by car. You can stop off in Hell and meet the Devil himself, Mr. Ivan Farrington. He's quite a character and he'll enjoy the hell out of you stopping by to say hi to him or you can send your post cards from the post office in Hell, Grand Cayman!

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

NOTE: Several discussions have centered on the turtle farms on Caymans. Here is the real scoop....

1. Turtles have been part of the local Cayman culture since their inception as it was an easy and simple primary meat source in their early history.
2. To protect the WILD Turtles, Cayman was one of the first islands to set up a managed turtle farm (not too different to farmed salmon, catfish, etc.) that has became the ONLY food source of turtle for the locals BUT they also release turtles to the wild to help regenerate/repopulate the wild ones.
3. The demand for turtle meat has decreased as younger Caymanians do not share the taste their parents and grandparents have/(had) for the food and so the turtle eating population is diminishing.

All in all its a sustainable program that has taken pressure of the wild turtles and has helped to grow the wild turtle populations. It is place we can visit on our trip so I'm sure a number will join me in checking out this unique contributor to the island.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

We have just locked in a round trip fare from Miami to Cayman and back for $160 + taxes!!! VERY VERY :cool1:

NICE, WW!!!!! Look forward to seeing more posts on this! :clapping:

#4 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Yes me too!! I will be watching!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#5 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Yes me too!! I will be watching!!

Scubasis,

I love your quote. I may have to have that printed and blown up to hang on my office all at work....

Jim
  • ScubaSis likes this
Sea Turtle advocate!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Thanks everyone! I was able to get a contract at DEMA for the cheap airfare. I have to pay deposits and tie up money for a long time (As well as accept the risk of not filling all the spots) BUT I pass the savings onto you all so our trip is more attractive.

I am currently looking to make the air part of the price. Now you all do know the taxes are usually more than a few bucks...I'll check to see what they are but the roundtrip airfare should be less then $300 with my contract price! :cool1: kamala

formerly...

#7 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

I just did a search for air from Miami to Grand Cayman for that time frame. I came up with a price of $260.00 plus $103.00 in taxes for a total of $363.00. That was the bottom end price, and the cost of other airlines went up from there. That price was on Cayman air as well. It looks like you worked out a great deal on the flights. Ed

Thanks everyone! I was able to get a contract at DEMA for the cheap airfare. I have to pay deposits and tie up money for a long time (As well as accept the risk of not filling all the spots) BUT I pass the savings onto you all so our trip is more attractive.

I am currently looking to make the air part of the price. Now you all do know the taxes are usually more than a few bucks...I'll check to see what they are but the roundtrip airfare should be less then $300 with my contract price! :cool1: kamala

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Ed! You sure know how to make a gal feel great! :thankyou: kamala

formerly...

#9 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Sounds GREAT!!! Thinking there's possiblities. Considering (i might not be in the teaching field) by this time. Opportunity knocks.

--Carolyn

THERE ARE WAY WAY WAY to many dives that I want to do. This is where ya guys torture me trying to figure out which ones to do (LOL). Love ya guys.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hey gang...this trip is NOW OFFICIAL!!! It will be Oct 1-8, 2011! So let us know if you want to be notified when this trip is open for booking AND if you want to take advantage of our $160+taxes air contract from Miami to Caymans.

formerly...

#11 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Darn. October is the start of my "no vacation allowed" at work. I'll have to get back to the Caymans another time.
Posted Image

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Tammy I'm sorry...I'll try to remember that for upcoming trips! (Of course you can let me know when you are REALLY wanting to join on a specific trip too!) ;)

formerly...

#13 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Maybe I missed it.
Grand Cayman
or
Little Cayman
or
Cayman Brac??
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#14 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Maybe I missed it.
Grand Cayman
or
Little Cayman
or
Cayman Brac??

From the original description I would assume Grand Cayman but specifics would be helpful since I don't like to assume :teeth:

Grand Cayman is where I did my first ocean dive (eagle ray pass) and I may be interested in this trip since I would like to go back some day.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

Yes Grand Cayman!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users