• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: Oct 1-8, 2011 Grand Cayman ...SAVE THE DATE!!!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

<ears perk up> hmmm this could be interesting. What about the possibility of diving the kittihawk since shes supposed to be sunk in the next couple of days. Then what about tech diving what extra costs for deco tanks and gas would that throw in?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#32 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

also what about SRC, i know its cliche but photographically its known to produce some amazing images.

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#33 kingston

kingston

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:newly certified

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Sign me up!!! I have 400 hours of vacation this fall. Time to start spending them.

#34 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

Sign me up!!! I have 400 hours of vacation this fall. Time to start spending them.

I don't have 400 hrs, but I do have over 5 weeks....just put the dates for this trip in the books.

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hello everyone! Just back from Belize for the New Year! And one of my BIGGEST New Year's Resolutions is to have everything for 2011 posted by the end of January!

So hold tight and we'll have this trip ready for posting soon! Since several of you are new members its a great time to join as a premier member. Our premier members get first dibs on booking all our trips for a week and they get access to early booking discounts usually only available the first week.

(To upgrade click on the Membership tab/button along the top next to Gallery and just before or just under the 'search box'. Then choose the premier member level and follow the prompts. If you pay via paypal it will activate your new membership automatically. If you pay via our payment gateway use the POST/POSTAL option but DO NOT SEND A PAPER CHECK. Instead click on the payment link in my signature line and pay that way. In the message box say you have upgraded your membership and then we'll activate it shortly after receipt of payment.)

I'll also work on tech pricing info for Dan and anyone else interested. kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Now Tina, you know how the Wench works! :lmao: This trip is next October.....there are many trips between now & then that she has to get posted first! :D

LOL, yeah yeah, OK :respect: I'll chill. :cool2:

Actually I haven't been around and watching this forum long enough to know anything! :teeth: The only trip I signed up for was T&C and I was a late comer, so it was all up there by the time I came along. So I have no idea how the stuff happening in real time tends to go. I have no problems saving the date, just wondering how much $ I'll have to save to make the date save worth it. :P

I was hoping DiveTech would have some pricing on the web to help me estimate but no luck. Oh well, I'll just try to keep some dough aside and keep my eyes out for updated information.

Hi Tina a week of 2 tank boat dives including food and lodging d/o is in the $2200 range since food is VERY expensive on the island. We have negotiated a 25% discount so will be in the $1600 range for the week. If we do 3 boat dives it will be another $300 on top of that so I'm looking at only doing 2 boat dives and LOTS OF SHOREDIVING!!!

p.s. I just posted that MY New Year's resolution was to have this and ALL 2011 trips open for booking by the end of January!

And THAT really will be great start to the year as I did not do that last year, so WON'T make that mistake again! ;)

I hope you can join us! It will be great to have my photo buddy back again! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#37 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Now Tina, you know how the Wench works! :lmao: This trip is next October.....there are many trips between now & then that she has to get posted first! :D

LOL, yeah yeah, OK :respect: I'll chill. :cool2:

Actually I haven't been around and watching this forum long enough to know anything! :teeth: The only trip I signed up for was T&C and I was a late comer, so it was all up there by the time I came along. So I have no idea how the stuff happening in real time tends to go. I have no problems saving the date, just wondering how much $ I'll have to save to make the date save worth it. :P

I was hoping DiveTech would have some pricing on the web to help me estimate but no luck. Oh well, I'll just try to keep some dough aside and keep my eyes out for updated information.

Hi Tina a week of 2 tank boat dives including food and lodging d/o is in the $2200 range since food is VERY expensive on the island. We have negotiated a 25% discount so will be in the $1600 range for the week. If we do 3 boat dives it will be another $300 on top of that so I'm looking at only doing 2 boat dives and LOTS OF SHOREDIVING!!!

p.s. I just posted that MY New Year's resolution was to have this and ALL 2011 trips open for booking by the end of January!

And THAT really will be great start to the year as I did not do that last year, so WON'T make that mistake again! ;)

I hope you can join us! It will be great to have my photo buddy back again! kamala

Thanks Kamala! I remember food being very very expensive even when I was there years and years ago. I was only there a day on a cruise, but always wanted to go back. $1600 would include the food plan to? If so, seems OK to me. I think the 2 boat dives a day given the rave reviews on the shorediving sounds good.

I think this trip will be fun....definitely going to try to make it happen. I'm hoping I'll even have my photo skills honed more by then, since I've got a great trip in March to practice on :)

#38 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Please add me on the PM list for early booking. Not sure if I can do this AND Cozy Halloween, but will give it my best attempt.

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yes the $1600 price range will include all or most of the food! So its a great deal! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#40 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

I'm interested too. Deep walls and the chance to do a rebreather try-it dive. OH YEA!!! :wakawaka:
  • Scubatooth likes this

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#41 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Please add me to the interested list. My vacation grant for next year is on Oct 4 so this is great timing for me. Kamala, if you get this up by end of January, I'll definitely be paying the deposit on it!
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#42 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

I am on the phone with Beth (Bubbles) and she wanted me to ask for her to be added to the "interested" list. (Her i-pad won't let her post)

Edited by Kate P, 10 January 2011 - 09:54 PM.

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#43 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

I am on the phone with Beth (Bubbles) and she wanted me to ask for her to be added to the "interested" list. (Her i-pad won't let her post)

Thanks Kate...Not sure why but I cannot post anything using my iPad :banghead:
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Kate AND Beth! We'll get you on the list! -ww

formerly...

#45 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'm interested too. Deep walls and the chance to do a rebreather try-it dive. OH YEA!!! :wakawaka:

Ill second that, on the breather may finally get a chance to try out the ones on the list to finalize which one i will go for after i have the $$ for it.

? would SRC be a option (extra cost or built in?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users