• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: Oct 1-8, 2011 Grand Cayman ...SAVE THE DATE!!!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

We'll be staying at Cobalt Coast and diving with DiveTech. (They are the BEST recreational and technical diver operator on the island!)

We will have AMAZING House Reefs right in front of the resort. Since the shorediving is soooooo amazing I am thinking of only doing 2 boat dives and let you all dive to your heart's content out front.

We usually set up 3 boat dives a day but the resort keeps telling me its a waste of time to do it as the diving is just too impressive where they are located. In fact its so good that other resorts bring divers to that area via boat. ;)

So let me know. A 3rd boat dive is $60 so a week's worth is $300. That's a lot to add to the pkg when we could do that same diving easily for FREE.

So let me know your thoughts! -ww

p.s we'll be adding a trip to Stingray City to the pkg as well! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

Oh Man!! or Oh Madam!! I 've been GCM twice this year and am some what burned out there :( ...I've been trying to talk my LDS in staying at Cobalt House. Cool Wall diving NW point and much closer to 7 mile area. I've shore dived a # of times @ DiveTech and sister resort 2 mile south. Nice area. I'll have to think about this one...
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#18 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

With such good diving right there I think 2 boat dives a day would be OK.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#19 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

Yes Please keep me informed on this trip!

Not sure what the new year will bring at work but October sounds like a good time to get out of dodge!!

I also think 2 boat dives would work for me....but I like to take it easy so do as the others prefer for sure!!

Edited by ScubaSis, 26 December 2010 - 10:40 AM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

This is a perfect place to take it easy or dive dive dive....

We usually set up 3 boat dives when the destination has no shorediving OR the price of the 3rd dive is just too reasonable NOT to add it.

In this case its pretty high and there is AWESOME shorediving so I'm leaning towards not offering it to keep the pkg more reasonable!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

I am interested!!! That's my 40th birthday week and I've been trying to decide what I want to do. Maybe an SD trip is just the ticket! I thought I was going to get to dive Cayman in January, but the trip fell apart, so this is appealing to me. Definitely let me know when it's open, pricing, whether air is included, etc. Like some of the other posts, maybe some links to the resort, dive sites we will visit, etc would be great to know for decision making purposes.

#22 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Here's the dive op site and the large building with pool is Colbalt House. It's a very nice set-up.
http://www.divetech.com/
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#23 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

Here's the dive op site and the large building with pool is Colbalt House. It's a very nice set-up.
http://www.divetech.com/

Thank you Scubaski! Any idea when there will be info on pricing and when it will be open to register?

---edit shortly after posting this.....I just went to the divetech website and OH YEAH I wanna go :) I went to the Cayman once on a cruise and distinctly remember my visit to Stingray City as a highlight. That was many years ago and I was only a new snorkeler back then! This resort and it's location sound great, and barring any surprises on the pricing, I am pretty sure I'll be in.

Edited by libra89, 30 December 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#24 JanS

JanS

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:84

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

Very interested. Keep me informed.

Live Life With No Regrets

#25 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Now Tina, you know how the Wench works! :lmao: This trip is next October.....there are many trips between now & then that she has to get posted first! :D
Posted Image

#26 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Now Tina, you know how the Wench works! :lmao: This trip is next October.....there are many trips between now & then that she has to get posted first! :D

LOL, yeah yeah, OK :respect: I'll chill. :cool2:

Actually I haven't been around and watching this forum long enough to know anything! :teeth: The only trip I signed up for was T&C and I was a late comer, so it was all up there by the time I came along. So I have no idea how the stuff happening in real time tends to go. I have no problems saving the date, just wondering how much $ I'll have to save to make the date save worth it. :P

I was hoping DiveTech would have some pricing on the web to help me estimate but no luck. Oh well, I'll just try to keep some dough aside and keep my eyes out for updated information.

#27 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

Tina,

Here is a link to their package/rate page to give you some idea. The Wench will have negotiated different rates but these rack rates will be a start.

Jim

http://www.cobaltcoa...vepackages.html

Edited by Parrotman, 30 December 2010 - 12:51 PM.

Sea Turtle advocate!

#28 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Tina,

Here is a link to their package/rate page to give you some idea. The Wench will have negotiated different rates but these rack rates will be a start.

Jim

http://www.cobaltcoa...vepackages.html

Ah thanks Jim! This falls right about where I thought it might. Cool beans. I shall plan accordingly :)

#29 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

I am interested!!! That's my 40th birthday week and I've been trying to decide what I want to do. Maybe an SD trip is just the ticket! I thought I was going to get to dive Cayman in January, but the trip fell apart, so this is appealing to me. Definitely let me know when it's open, pricing, whether air is included, etc. Like some of the other posts, maybe some links to the resort, dive sites we will visit, etc would be great to know for decision making purposes.

Funny. I spent an entire month on GC when I turned 40!!! Softened the blow a bit I must say!!!!!!
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#30 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

I am interested in this trip. It is on the list of places I want to dive. I've talked Divetech at BTS on several occasions and I was impressed with their operation. I'll certainly keep my eye on this trip!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users