• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION: Roatan Honduras!!! NEW SINGLE'S WEEK at Henry Morgan Resiort Nov 12-19

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

WOW!! Take a look at where we'll be staying for our First ever Henry Morgan Single's Week!

These pictures are GUARANTEED to be the HM Resort where we'll be staying! Enjoy!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SAVE THE DATE....The island wants to offer a NEW SINGLE'S WEEK IN ROATAN!!! Mark your calendars for Nov 12-19th as we'll have Pup Morse singing his hit Scubaribbean Songs and MUCH MUCH MORE!!! The venue has been changed! Plan to join us at Henry Morgan Resort in West Bay! Five Star accommodations for a steal of a price!!!

IMPORTANT PRICING UPDATE 4-22-11:

$899.95 d/o or only $100 more for s/o or $999.95 All Inclusive 7/5 pkg including Alcohol, Special Parties and Events:

• 7 nites oceanview, air conditioned rooms with satellite tv
  • 5 days of 3 boat dives daily on first class dive boats (boat returns after each dive)
  • Unlimited shorediving
  • Unlimited night shorediving
  • Air tanks, weights, weight belts
  • Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffets daily
  • All Drinks including water, soda, juice, house wine, domestic beers & domestic liquors
  • Complementary internet access
  • Welcome cocktail
  • Airport Transfers
  • COSTUME CONTEST WITH HUGE PRIZES
  • Daily Single's Week Events that do not interfere with diving
  • and more....

Does Not Include:

• Airfare to Roatan
  • Tips
  • Courses or private dive guides
  • 16% Honduran Taxes
  • Nitrox

*SO what does it mean they want it SD Style?

1. Old style was focused on hook ups ... SD focuses on DIVING!!!
2. Old style offered the 3rd dive a day up against the fun activities they offered...SD will offer all fun activities AFTER the dives!
3. Old style assigned the first girl/guy to sign up with the next girl/guy to sign up and so on. SD does a detailed rooming itinerary and helps to match on MULTIPLE CRITERIA not just random gender!
4. Old style diving assignments were whoever your roommate was...SD assigns based upon your diving style, preference etc all found via a detailed survey.
5. Old style had rigid numbers of men and women allowed...SD does not limit men nor women on our trip as they naturally are fairly balanced!
6. Old style was limited in theory to 'single people' ...but SD is open to single, married but buddyless and even couples but they rarely join us! ;)

In any event it will be FUN and our very own Neptuner aka Pup will be the GUEST OF HONOR and will perform during the week! :cool1: After all...the very first Scubaribbean song was WRITTEN IN ROATAN AT FANTASY ISLAND!!! So it will be like coming home for Pup and for SingleDivers.com!!!

The dates are Nov 12-19, 2011 so we can avoid the Holiday crunch and still get back from our industry trade show.

So be thinking of islands in the sun in NOVEMBER!!!
[/size]

Those Premier Members who want advance notice when this trip opens for booking:

• Kamala aka wreckwench
  • George aka diveteacher
  • John aka PlatypusMan
  • ?? aka cathlabtech
  • Brett aka Seawolf
  • Jeff aka sparky103
  • Jim aka UP Diver
  • Kathy aka HoustonAngelfish
  • Elisabeth aka Lady Liz
  • Pam aka BettyRubble
  • Kathy aka luv 2 div
  • Stan aka Scubaski
  • Mike aka coziac
  • Gerry aka fairfield59
  • Matt aka Rumblebee
  • Bruce aka Gobie
  • Scott aka BackAtit
  • Sharon aka scubamama78
  • Steve aka aviddiver
  • Terry aka twotall
  • Dave aka Divin' Dave

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ok,
Put me on the interested list, I will give FI a 2nd chance, the last time I was there was under the "old" managment and other than the dive and boat crew the trip was horrible. I am willing to try them again. Kamala, if you want more info please feel free to call me. if you do not have my number, let me know and I will send it to you

George aka diveteacher

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

They are under complete new management from top to bottom except for the dive staff...they remain the same, but they have new boats and lots of changes at the resort including new food/beverage menus and chef to make those new dishes!

If the resort had not made significant changes we would not have considered the trip let alone lent our name and reputation to an event there.

And we will have the complete booking/management of the event. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

They are under complete new management from top to bottom except for the dive staff...they remain the same, but they have new boats and lots of changes at the resort including new food/beverage menus and chef to make those new dishes!

If the resort had not made significant changes we would not have considered the trip let alone lent our name and reputation to an event there.

And we will have the complete booking/management of the event. -ww

Do you have a timeframce for getting this listed? I need to make a call of this trip vs the Cozumel trip and would like to be able to take advantage of the discount pricing on the Cozy trip if possible.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

I will have the pricing for you in a day or so. The dates are locked in. Will that help you make the judgement call?

formerly...

#6 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

I will have the pricing for you in a day or so. The dates are locked in. Will that help you make the judgement call?

Yes!

#7 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

I've made no secret concerning the past experience I've had with FI.

Based on what you've written here, put me down as interested. Perhaps they deserve another chance.

PPM

#8 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

Yes!

Any word? Only a couple of more days to take advantage of the Cozy discount?

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

George the internet was down on the island where the promoter I'm working with has been. I have all but s/o pricing which I hope to have this morning. I am putting the basic pkg pricing together as we speak. It will be for 7 days but I found out you can do a 9 or 10 day option as well now since flights now run on Thur, Saturday and Sunday.

Give me an hour to get this posted for you! Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

An update on some of the improvements so far at Fantasy Island from one of our own:

Hi Kamala, I stopped by Fantasy Island today. I asked for Rich, but he wasn't in. A couple that said they work with him gave me a quick tour of the boats and one of the rooms closer to the dive shop. All the rooms near the dive shop have new air conditioning units, which are located outside, so the rooms are quieter and MUCH cooler. They are freshly painted inside and outside, and will be getting flat screen tv's soon. As for the rooms farther from the dive shop, I did not see them, but I can see people working on them from Coco View.

They have one new dive boat, one of the older ones has been has been cleaned up, new paint, engine overhaul.... it looks nice. They have finished the engine on a third and will overhaul the whole fleet one at a time. It doesn't look like they did anything to the dive lockers, it looks like it did when WE were there for there for singles week, 4 or so years ago.

The exterior lighting has been upgraded. It looks like the lobby has new floors and ceiling and lighting, it looked nice. I took some pictures of the boats, I will email them to you when I download the pics from my camera. It is definitely looking better than it did.

Be Good,
Mike aka going postal

NOTE: We'll have going postal's pictures as well as those from the resort showing the improvements and progress throughout the year. They will be in great shape by the time we get there next November!

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

IMPORTANT PRICING UPDATE:

I am still tweaking the final odds and ends on the pricing BUT I am happy to say that its obvious they really want this event to be successful and the want to FILL THE RESORT!!! The pricing is very attractive and while it may vary a couple of bucks this is pretty much the final pkg and will very very closely approximate the final price.

$1250 d/o All Inclusive 7/5 pkg including Nitrox, Alcohol, Special Parties and Events:

• 7 nites oceanview, air conditioned rooms with satellite tv
  • 5 days of 3 boat dives daily on all newly refurbed or new boats (boat returns after each dive)
  • 1 single Night Boat Dive (typically mid week)
  • Unlimited shorediving
  • Unlimited night shorediving
  • FREE Nitrox (must specify if using it so it can be properly provisioned)
  • Air/Nitrox tanks, weights, weight belts
  • Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffets daily
  • All Drinks including water, soda, juice, house wine, domestic beers & domestic liquors
  • Includes all taxes (16%)
  • Complementary internet access
  • Welcome cocktail
  • Airport Transfers
  • COSTUME CONTEST WITH HUGE PRIZES
  • Daily Single's Week Events that do not interfere with diving
  • and more....

Does Not Include:

• Airfare to Roatan
  • Tips
  • Courses or private dive guides

formerly...

#12 cathlabtech

cathlabtech

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

I am interested!

#13 Seawolf

Seawolf

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Board Status:Just getting started
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>1,500

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Please put me on the interested list! Brett aka Seawolf

#14 Rumblebee

Rumblebee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec 45 / Intro Cave / Sidemount Diver
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

OUCH! $1250 for Fantasy Island! :banghead:

WW, I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the attractiveness of the pricing. As someone who spent a week at Fantasy Island in 2010 and regularly monitored their pricing, saying that new management is in place is not going to sell me on an increase of several hundred dollars over 2010 rates. The dive operation was great but the hotel side was a huge "won't be coming back here again"! The gap between the accuracy of their website (i.e. the marketing hype) versus actual experience has me worried that the reported upgrades and changes are just more marketing hype. I want to believe it though as I love diving the south side of Roatan and I saw huge potential for this unique piece of real estate to be one of the top diving resorts in the Caribbean. Any chance someone from the new management team might join the message board here at SingleDivers.com and post photos, specific information about the upgrades, etc. and be willing to answer some tough questions? I have a few to start off with...

1) Will I be able to enjoy the ocean view from my room's balcony or will I only be able to stare at it from behind glass as the door won't slide open?
2) If I'm thirsty and ask for a Dr. Pepper from a waiter or waitress at dinner, will I be provided with the beverage I requested or a stack of napkins instead?
3) If my room is freezing cold at night, how many times will I have to ask the front desk to have an extra blanket brought to my room before one is actually provided?
4) Will dinner choices on Wednesday be the same choices as dinner on Tuesday and Monday? Same question with dessert choices...though hoping for a different answer.
5) Will there be hot water when I want to take a shower? On second thought, let's start with will there be water pressure when I want to take a shower?

Please view my comments as constructive critisicm in an attempt to gain a better understanding of the purported value offering and understand that my intention is not to be pessimistic. :respect:

Edited by Rumblebee, 22 January 2011 - 06:24 PM.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,653 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Matt several things... keep in mind the price will probably be a tad bit cheaper AND it includes 6 not 5 days of diving, unlimited nitrox and the 16% taxes.

At ANY given time you'll find FI or any resort at a massively reduced rate...that's timing and opportunity and usually last minute deals...

However the resort has been doing well over 1 million in updates so I will get specific feedback on your specific complaints. When were you there last so we have a relative timeline?

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users