• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION: Roatan Honduras!!! NEW SINGLE'S WEEK at Henry Morgan Resiort Nov 12-19

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

The gap between the accuracy of their website (i.e. the marketing hype) versus actual experience has me worried that the reported upgrades and changes are just more marketing hype. I want to believe it though as I love diving the south side of Roatan and I saw huge potential for this unique piece of real estate to be one of the top diving resorts in the Caribbean. Any chance someone from the new management team might join the message board here at SingleDivers.com and post photos, specific information about the upgrades, etc. and be willing to answer some tough questions? I have a few to start off with...

I have also quieried the new management on proposed changes. In return I am being sent ongoing pictures of real change as its happening and we'll be sharing those pictures soon! As already stated I will send you specific questions to the resort for replies.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Matt several things... keep in mind the price will probably be a tad bit cheaper AND it includes 6 not 5 days of diving, unlimited nitrox and the 16% taxes.

At ANY given time you'll find FI or any resort at a massively reduced rate...that's timing and opportunity and usually last minute deals...

However the resort has been doing well over 1 million in updates so I will get specific feedback on your specific complaints. When were you there last so we have a relative timeline?

Not to be a downer but $1250 is basically the rack rates for this place. Given the location on the reef compared to CocoView and their past history I would want to see a whole lot more than new paint. It would be great if they really live up to the marketing but it would seem to me that if they want to fill the resort and have SD drive some business their way they should do a heck of a lot better than $1250 for the week... just saying...
Sea Turtle advocate!

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Jim the resort now offer complementary drinks which NEVER was offered before and especially not alcohol. The resort is one of the only ones if not the only one to sink this much money into revitalizing their property. This is also a single's week which means we'll have free dive trips we are giving away as well as other prizes for activities and events. All of these take time and money to set up, offer,advertise and execute. (This is a resort wide offering so will have national and international exposure.) The pkg includes free nitrox, 3 boat dives daily, all meals, parties, prizes, alcohol, taxes, etc.

Having said that, this will not be for everyone but it will be a blast for those who have never done a Single's Week, or who have been wanting to go to Roatan and of course for those who want to hear Pup play! He will be the featured artist on the trip! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Cathlabtech and Brett aka Seawolf, I have added you to the Interested List! :wakawaka:
Posted Image

#20 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Matt several things... keep in mind the price will probably be a tad bit cheaper AND it includes 6 not 5 days of diving, unlimited nitrox and the 16% taxes.

At ANY given time you'll find FI or any resort at a massively reduced rate...that's timing and opportunity and usually last minute deals...

However the resort has been doing well over 1 million in updates so I will get specific feedback on your specific complaints. When were you there last so we have a relative timeline?

Not to be a downer but $1250 is basically the rack rates for this place. Given the location on the reef compared to CocoView and their past history I would want to see a whole lot more than new paint. It would be great if they really live up to the marketing but it would seem to me that if they want to fill the resort and have SD drive some business their way they should do a heck of a lot better than $1250 for the week... just saying...

Yeah, its roughly triple the price they offered this week in 2010.

#21 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hi All,
I have to agree with Rumblebee $1250 is a lot of money for FI. I was there in the last week of July and had many conversations with Rich, the new booking agent. He told me the new managment will not take over until the end of Nov 2010, and that even then the management was not new, it was the old mangers before the ones whos contract expired in Nov. He told us that the owners wanted to take back the resort. I was out on the new boat, it is a very nice boat, it is however what I call a "cattle car" boat, it looked like it was going to take 20 to 30 divers depending on how it was configured. As for the rooms, I always stayed in the rooms down by the dock, It is going to take more that a coat of paint and a new a/c unit to bring them to what I would call a "good" room, all the beds and furnishings need replaced, my table only had 3 legs and had to be leaned against the wall to stand up. The water was a problem, many times no water at all, and not hot water when it was running. I was using the showers at the dive dock because they had pressure and hot water.

The Food, let me say by starting I have never LOST weight on a dive rip until this trip to FI. The food was bland and did not have many choices. I noticed a lot of the same meals served from one day to the next, i can understand using leftovers, but not for 3 - 4 days. I talked to the management about having some bacon with breakfast, i was told every day that it would be there, i did not see any bacon for the entier week i was there. If you wanted made to order eggs, you had to hunt down the cook and give her your order.

The dives, the diving on that side of the island are great, Tha dive crew was the same as I have had on other trips, and have made friends with, there was lots of complaining being done by the dive crew as to the way they were being treated by the current managment and of the upcoming "new" management. The dive staff was "chewed out" several times in front of the guests by the current management and the "Rich" the soon to be booking agent.

I had several conversations with Rich about where the resort was going, he told me they want to get it back to being a "dive" resort. I think that is where Fi needs to be, not a resort for the Europeans, which is where it was. As for the price, I think it is very overpriced for what ther have to offer now. i think that if Fi gets their act together and returns to their roots, then it will become a great place for divers to dive and have fun.

OK, where and I going with this? I have been to FI 8 different times, I liked the resort when is was for divers, I do not think the new management caould have turned the resort around since Nov when the contract expired from the old management. I think I am going to Pass on this trip and give Fi some more time to improve. I really hope they can return to being the place I used to visit because i like the place.

George aka diveteacher

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#22 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Please let me know when this is ready, as well. Thanks Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#23 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Please put me down as 'Interested' (or is that 'Interesting'?)

UP Diver
:P
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#24 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Jeff & Jim, I've added both of you to the notification list.
Posted Image

#25 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

I have also quieried the new management on proposed changes. In return I am being sent ongoing pictures of real change as its happening and we'll be sharing those pictures soon! As already stated I will send you specific questions to the resort for replies.

Did we ever hear any more on this? Pics? Answers to questions?

PPM

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Yes we have...but yours truly has not had a computer that functions properly for almost 3 weeks now. Still on a borrowed computer so not able to retrieve the updates yet. Will try to tackle this week. Kamala

formerly...

#27 HoustonAngelfish

HoustonAngelfish

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

interested

#28 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

I've got you on the list, Kathy!
Posted Image

#29 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Kamala,
Are you working with Rich Henry with Fantesy Island Travel? I just got a notice that they are no longer a booking agent for Fantesy Island, at the same time I got an offer to book at Fantesy Island through Nick Palandera at a discounted rate.

I am not sure what is going on, i would like to see the promised photos before I commit to this trip, I am not trying to be a pest, but I do not want to waste my hard earned travel money on some misinformation.

Thanks
diveteacher aka George

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Do you have a price for a s/o room? I'm not interested in a 5 star hotel and I can get my own drinks. If the diving is good then that is fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users