• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION: Roatan Honduras!!! NEW SINGLE'S WEEK at Henry Morgan Resiort Nov 12-19

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#46 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

Done! :teeth:

#47 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yippie!!!!!!

Put me on the very interested list

George aka diveteacher

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#48 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

You're already there, buddy! :cool2:

#49 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

George, if you'll give Stan aka scubaski permission, he has a great video he will link everyone to of our (in)famous 2009 Tacky Tourist Costume Contest! Just to give everyone a taste of how much fun these contests can be....
And of course, everyone will want to watch the video to see what FAB tacky tourists you and I turned out to be! :lmao:
Posted Image

#50 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

George, if you'll give Stan aka scubaski permission, he has a great video he will link everyone to of our (in)famous 2009 Tacky Tourist Costume Contest! Just to give everyone a taste of how much fun these contests can be....
And of course, everyone will want to watch the video to see what FAB tacky tourists you and I turned out to be! :lmao:

Ask and Ye shall receive:

Tacky Tourist Contest- Roatan

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#51 racerbruce

racerbruce

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue, advanced open water, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1523

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

Avoid this trip to Fantasy Island like the plague! I just got back from the most horrendous joke of a trip to fantasy island, and I cannot in stong enough language
tell all of you DO NOT GO TO FANTASY ISLAND! They are currently having trouble with their former booking agent Rich Henry. The joint is falling apart, the whole place is falling down. I was there from 23 April, 2011 until 30 April, 2011,
and it is a joke. Rooms with bugs, the food sucked ( I've been there 2x before, and the food was always gourmet, I'd say on par with the quality you find on the liveaboards) there was little of the old personal touch's, the week we were there
there were less than 50 guests and less than 20 divers. They ran out of ice on the third day, the water for an entire wing of the resort didn't work for over 24 hours,
and the dive staff definetly needs a refresher course on manners, and proper divemaster duties and obligations. There are currently 3 new resorts that are just
about to open, even the older ones like Anthoneys Key, or Coco View are much more
sound than FI. If any of you are long time divers and remember the fabulous "Sunset Beach resort" on Bonaire, and it's demise, will note huge similarities between FI and SBR. Fantasy Island used to be one of the best values around for
diving, but the food was crap, the "unlimited drinks" ( which consisted of your choice of 2 types of pilsner beer, or Rum and Coke, or rum punch, or another flavor of rum punch) is a joke. Run, do not walk away from this resort, it is sinking like the Titanic. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but avoid FI at all costs!

#52 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

Avoid this trip to Fantasy Island like the plague! I just got back from the most horrendous joke of a trip to fantasy island, and I cannot in stong enough language
tell all of you DO NOT GO TO FANTASY ISLAND! They are currently having trouble with their former booking agent Rich Henry. The joint is falling apart, the whole place is falling down. I was there from 23 April, 2011 until 30 April, 2011,
and it is a joke. Rooms with bugs, the food sucked ( I've been there 2x before, and the food was always gourmet, I'd say on par with the quality you find on the liveaboards) there was little of the old personal touch's, the week we were there
there were less than 50 guests and less than 20 divers. They ran out of ice on the third day, the water for an entire wing of the resort didn't work for over 24 hours,
and the dive staff definetly needs a refresher course on manners, and proper divemaster duties and obligations. There are currently 3 new resorts that are just
about to open, even the older ones like Anthoneys Key, or Coco View are much more
sound than FI. If any of you are long time divers and remember the fabulous "Sunset Beach resort" on Bonaire, and it's demise, will note huge similarities between FI and SBR. Fantasy Island used to be one of the best values around for
diving, but the food was crap, the "unlimited drinks" ( which consisted of your choice of 2 types of pilsner beer, or Rum and Coke, or rum punch, or another flavor of rum punch) is a joke. Run, do not walk away from this resort, it is sinking like the Titanic. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but avoid FI at all costs!

RacerBruce, Thanks for the heads up about Fantasy Island, but you may want to check out post #32 & #42. The venue hotel has been changed to a Henry Morgan Property down in West Bay area, with what I consider is a Fabalous Price Point.
Thanks again for the feedback and duly noted for future reference.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,729 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thank you Bruce...we were initially considering FI but we saw the writing on the wall and changed venues as fast as we could. We'll be staying at the Henry Morgan Hotel but with FI Pricing...in other words $899 for d/o and $999 for s/o + taxes. This is all inclusive including all drinks and 3 boat dives a day, and LOTS of festivities.

We'll be running a huge advertising campaign soon so will steer clear of any references to FI due to its compromised position.

We are sorry you had such a horrible time. You are wise to warn others...no one should have to go thru what you did. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,729 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

WOW!! Take a look at where we'll be staying for our First ever Henry Morgan Single's Week!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#55 diveteacher

diveteacher

On a roll now.....

• Professional
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2 dozen or more

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hello all,

I cannot get my email notifications to work, so can you give me an idea when the roatan trip will open, I am standing by with checkbook in hand to book this trip.

George aka diveteacher

" Piracy, A hostile takover without the paperwork"•

"All it takes to fly is to hurl yourself at the ground... And miss." -Douglas Adams

#56 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Gotcha George. Made sure you're on the PM Notification List. :D

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,729 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

George you'll get a pm which does send an email to you so you know you have a pm. I would be checking this week. My plan is to have it posted by Friday at the latest.

We'll have some early booking perks but the pricing alone is already an awesome perk! And we will have so many freebies like Pup playing in concert, and all the activities etc that early sign up may be best suited for first dibs on the dolphin dives, shark dives, zip line tours, the pirate's cruise etc. They are all limited number events so the first ones who sign up for the trip will have the ability to sign up for them as well.

I hope that answers your question! kamala

formerly...

#58 fairfield59

fairfield59

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Please add to me to interested list.

Thanks!

#59 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Please add to me to interested list.

Thanks!

You're on! :cool1:

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,729 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I want to be clear that the delay in posting this trip has been due to SWITCHING our contract from Fantasy Island (FI) to Henry Morgan Resorts (HM) WITHOUT a price increase despite the fact that the price for HOTEL ONLY during the same week in November is over $2500 for two and does NOT including any diving.

OUR PACKAGE is $899 + tax for d/o or $999 + tax for s/o and INCLUDES 5 days of 3 tank boat dives!

So please bear with me as I finish the trip posting and please KNOW THAT WE ARE STAYING AT HENRY MORGAN RESORT and NOT Fantasy Island. :thankyou:

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users