• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Winter Storm Across the US

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Well the winter storm is upon us here in Colorado...and it sounds like it's well on it's way to more of the US. I am thankful to be home after an hour and a half on the road (beats 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours that I've done some years...). The best part... tomorrow is a SNOW DAY!!! (Yes, teachers get just as excited as the kids! LOL!)

Stay Safe Everyone!!!!

#2 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

I'm not looking forward to this one....ice on the roads now, and 14" of snow expected starting tomorrow morning. That means we can get to work, and then we have to try to get back home in the mess. Looking forward to Springtime!
Posted Image

#3 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

that's good..keep the kids and teachers off the roads so us working stiffs can actually make it to work in the am :)

We had the 2 hour drive home two weeks ago. A snow shower hit right at 3pm, and everyone panicked and left work at the same time.

The big plus is that the bitter cold is coming during the week after a 60 degree weekend, and it should warm up by next weekend again!

Just going to be a rough couple of days commuting.

#4 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hey, I'm looking at a pow weekend at the beast, hotel and tickets already scooped with more in the wind Sat.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#5 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

Well the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex is about to become a ice rink. Its starting to change over now, and will be getting bad about daybreak.

AT work we already moved the aircraft to the hanger, but ground operations are still up and running as there is no weather closures in EMS/911, just limited non emergency transports. Since i have to drive north to get home and its nor worth spending multiple hours to get home to sleep a few hours only to have to leave extra early to make it back in time tonight. That and I packed my duty bag and supplies so im good for 72 hours

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#6 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:50 AM

Only took me an hour to drive in to work in our wintery mix. Question is, will I be the only one here??
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#7 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:51 AM

We all made it in to work in KC, but for the first time in my 19 years with the Company, we are closed today & tomorrow. The boss made us all leave at 10:00 this morning. I gathered up a bunch of work to bring home. It took me 1.5 hours to clean the driveway when I got home so I could get into the garage, and the storm hasn't really gotten started yet. [sigh]

It's a good day to make a big pot of soup.

Is it time for Bonaire yet???
Posted Image

#8 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm trapped in New Orleans after my weekend trip by the cancellation today of ALL DFW flights. AA rebooked me for the 6am flight Wednesday, but no guarantees that any flights may be allowed to fly into DFW International.

Really concerned that this could also interfere with my flight out to Australia next Friday.

PPM

#9 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

I am disappointed because I am like on the bleeding edge of the cold. 20 miles north they have ice and snow. It is still above freezing here. I really want the 12in of snow so I have an excuse to get out my snow shoes. :P

#10 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Joe, it's been said before.....you ain't right! :blink:

:lmao:
Posted Image

#11 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

I'm trapped in New Orleans after my weekend trip by the cancellation today of ALL DFW flights. AA rebooked me for the 6am flight Wednesday, but no guarantees that any flights may be allowed to fly into DFW International.

Really concerned that this could also interfere with my flight out to Australia next Friday.

PPM

You should be back Wed. They had to close today for ice on the runways, but have since re-opened a couple. They'll get DFW open soon, they got to bring in all em Steelers & Cheeseheads. What little ice & snow we had will stay around - not supposed to get above freezing til Friday afternoon, in time for you to fly off into summer.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#12 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Here in CT we need more snow like Pompei needed more lava. We've already got well over one foot on the ground. The driveway that leads to my garage, since it is bounded by walls, is inoperative, since there's no room to plow the snow. One of the college courses that I'm teaching has had to miss two classes in a row. There's a concern about roofs being able to take all of the snow. It's so nasty out there that the flashers are describing themselves to passersby (Okay, I made that one up).

In sum, winter sucks.

Rick

:usflag:

#13 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

It's so nasty out there that the flashers are describing themselves to passersby (Okay, I made that one up).

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Posted Image

#14 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Tomorrow...day TWO of the snow days.... just too cold to run buses where they aren't used to doing it!! (I know I went to school in weather like this when I was a kid...) Glad I'm not out in it though. I just wonder how they'll make us make it up... they don't build snow days into the calendar anymore, how crazy is that! :wacko:

#15 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Definitely cold here in Colorado. But warming up to the 30s by Thursday, that will feel so warm we will probably have to turn on the air conditioning :cool2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users