• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The OFFICIAL Bonaire Trip Report March 5-12 or 6-13, 2011

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Check out Tammy's great shot!!! Very good indeed and ONLY the internal flash of her camera too boot!!! ;)

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

I agree. Tammy did a great job with her pics. I just posted a few top side pics. A couple sunsets and a few of Karnaval. I have pleanty more, but do not want to overload people. I have a lot more underwater shots as well. Ed

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

I agree. Tammy did a great job with her pics. I just posted a few top side pics. A couple sunsets and a few of Karnaval. I have pleanty more, but do not want to overload people. I have a lot more underwater shots as well. Ed

BRING THEM ON....

WE CAN HANDLE MORE!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

I want Tammy's camera...er, and her abilities!! Very nice shots Tammy! Thanks for sharing and making my dry season bearable, two weeks until Cozy!

#20 coziac

coziac

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

I posted some random pics in the gallery. I'll add more later of the parade and around the hotel. Since I brought a camera and an underwater housing but left a .59 O-ring at home all my pics will be topside, .... and more or less pg rated, .. maybe.

#21 HoustonAngelfish

HoustonAngelfish

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

Would it be possible for people to identify their pictures? Greatly appreciate it!

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

Would it be possible for people to identify their pictures? Greatly appreciate it!

Hey Kathy...first please forgive me for mangling your wording of your original question...I was removing the pics and accidently deleted your words so had to recreate them for you. :banghead:

Now to answer your request....

If you go to the actual gallery HERE you will find that most people have identified their pictures. Tammy has even identified the critters in her shots. (I on the other hand hardly know what I am taking a picture of so may not be as helpful in my picture captions.)

When I imbed them into the thread so you all can see some teaser shots...I barely have time to post them and give photog credit so don't usually identify what each picture is. But if you click the link above you'll see ALL the pics and the picture labels as well. :cool1:

I hope that helps!

We will have to get YOU taking pics in some of the amazing places you go diving! We have some great photogs in our group that can help with a great beginner set up! Let me know if you are ever interested and I can help too! kamala

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

I posted some random pics in the gallery. I'll add more later of the parade and around the hotel. Since I brought a camera and an underwater housing but left a .59 O-ring at home all my pics will be topside, .... and more or less pg rated, .. maybe.

GREAT STUFF!!!

I NEVER get to see the topside stuff... VERY VERY COOL! :wakawaka:

To see all his great pics simple click HERE!!

formerly...

#24 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

I just got a call from my credit card company. Divi put a $400 charge on my credit card when I checked in and they have not removed it at this point.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kamala, I think a $400 charge on checkin is ridiculous!! I think you need to resolve this with Divi for future trips.

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

I just got a call from my credit card company. Divi put a $400 charge on my credit card when I checked in and they have not removed it at this point.

Kamala, I think a $400 charge on checkin is ridiculous!! I think you need to resolve this with Divi for future trips.

Its actually the credit card company putting the chg on your card when they authorized payment and NOT Divi. It should clear up or actually BEEN cleared up by now. Call them to protest immediately as this is NOT a Divi Charge.

I heard the dive shop manager explaining it to another person on Saturday. Seems you want to use your card so an inquiry is made to see if you have credit. They choose arbitrary amounts and then earn interest on them for a few days. They are usually cleared up quickly per what Serge was telling the other person. HOWEVER I will verify with them again.

In the meantime call your credit card and contest the charge as it is NOT a Divi Charge.

And it seems this practice is being used more and more so for future travel consider just using cash. You can't charge things to the room and in the future I will suggest that you only pay cash as you go to avoid this problem. Its just not worth the hassle and aggravation in today's world.

formerly...

#26 HoustonAngelfish

HoustonAngelfish

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hey Kathy...first please forgive me for mangling your wording of your original question...I was removing the pics and accidently deleted your words so had to recreate them for you. :banghead:

Now to answer your request....

If you go to the actual gallery HERE you will find that most people have identified their pictures. Tammy has even identified the critters in her shots. (I on the other hand hardly know what I am taking a picture of so may not be as helpful in my picture captions.)

When I imbed them into the thread so you all can see some teaser shots...I barely have time to post them and give photog credit so don't usually identify what each picture is. But if you click the link above you'll see ALL the pics and the picture labels as well. :cool1:thankyou

I hope that helps!

We will have to get YOU taking pics in some of the amazing places you go diving! We have some great photogs in our group that can help with a great beginner set up! Let me know if you are ever interested and I can help too! kamala

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

UPDATE ON THIS MATTER:

If anyone else besides Carla had an amount authorized to their credit cards PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP! I have been working with the General Manager of the resort and Divi Corporate to resolve this matter. Here is her reply thus far...

Kamala I need to know the names of people and amounts they think are in error that show up as a credit card charge but are actually the "hold authorization amounts" of the CC system.
I truly believe it is NOT a CC scam NOR not a Divi related issue, but a
system error. I just need to find out which system is at fault here. The good
news is that an authorization hold is NOT a debit amt from a CC meaning the card
holder never losses this money.

Pls send me names and dollar amounts asap. I am working with CC bank service companies
and our corporate office now on this. Sara

Its actually the credit card company putting the chg on your card when they authorized payment and NOT Divi. It should clear up or actually BEEN cleared up by now. Call them to protest immediately as this is NOT a Divi Charge.

I heard the dive shop manager explaining it to another person on Saturday. Seems you want to use your card so an inquiry is made to see if you have credit. They choose arbitrary amounts and then earn interest on them for a few days. They are usually cleared up quickly per what Serge was telling the other person. HOWEVER I will verify with them again.

In the meantime call your credit card and contest the charge as it is NOT a Divi Charge.

And it seems this practice is being used more and more so for future travel consider just using cash. You can't charge things to the room and in the future I will suggest that you only pay cash as you go to avoid this problem. Its just not worth the hassle and aggravation in today's world.

formerly...

#28 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

When you swipe your CC at the pump at a self serve gas station the machines automatically put a $75 credit block on your account some time later the block is removed and the actual charge is posted.

Worst case you claim a fraudlent charge by resort to your CC company. FWIW
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#29 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

Is That NH ScubaGuy struting his stuff???

Posted Image
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#30 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Rejoice and be glad, I have graced the board with some of my favorite photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users