• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Check here if you'd like to receive the Newsletter

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Check here if you'd like to receive the Newsletter (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you ready for an SD newsletter?

1. Yes, it's about time (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. Yes, give it to me monthly (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. Yes, I'd like to see it quarterly (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

4. Nah, I get all the info I need by logging on (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:we're supposed to track of that @#!$ ?

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

Updates:

The April newsletter has been sent out. Just a heads up to the folks that are planning on opting-out of the newsletter. I know some of you that log in on a regular basis don't think a newsletter is necessary so I wanted to let you know a couple things.

1) The newsletter will occasionally offer newsletter only specials. So for one email a month it may be worth getting, even if you are on the site everyday.

2) Once you opt-out there is no way for me to add your email address back into the system. So if you do decide to opt-out be absolutely sure you want to.

:thankyou:

"Head Newsletter Chick in Charge!!!"

Background:

The following sequence of events happens when you open your mouth in front of the Wench....

I headed to BTS a few weeks ago and Kamala had me fill out an entry form at the show. Down at the bottom were some options for things I may be interested in. The last one said, "Check here if you'd like to recieve our Newsletter but NO SPAM!!!"

:-D What Newsletter?!?! SD has a Newsletter ?!?! :-D

The Wench informed that past attempts had been made but she hadn't found a consistent 'newsletter maker'. Well that's when the SUCKER sign on my forehead began flashing brightly and somehow an offer to help came out of my mouth like verbal diarrhea.

Now I need :helpsmily: from all you folks out there. Are there any SD veterans that remember the old newsletters? If so, what did you like or not like about the format or content?

If you're like me and had no idea that a newsletter even existed, tell me what you would like to see.

Make sure you never run out of Erica!

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

Erica you are a riot!!! :lmao:

However it is pretty much as she says!

And we DO Need your help! :pray:

So please participate in Erica's poll AND give her feedback for what you'd like to see in a regular or in our case SEMI-REGULAR Newsletter!!!

:thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

• Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

HAAAA!!! I can relate but YOU are not the biggest sucker here. I had to install a flashing NEON light over my house with arrows pointing down saying "Biggest Sucker on Earth" after I became admin. Each letter is a different color and they flash one at time, sometimes in random order. Sometimes they reverse the flashing. The neighbors just love me but that is no secret!!!! Biggest problem I have with it is occasionally Elvis impersonators get confused and think they are in Vegas so they knock on the door once or twice a week thinking that my house must be their next gig. It was amusing for a while now... not so much since the constant "Your nuthin but a hound dog" interferes with my admin time after a while and that just makes Wenchie angry. You don't want to see Wenchie angry.

The inconveniences we go through to help out our DEAR WENCHIE are not always understood until after you get the SD tattoo. Good luck!!!

oh and BTW "There's a newsletter???" you would think I would get it at least.

UH OH, Elvis number 412 is back, he is a fat end of life era Elvis. He even even brought bananas and peanut butter. That is sad on so many levels.

#4 duganalexzander

duganalexzander

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:1
  • Logged Dives:-1

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

I'm also going to have to put my name forward in the suckers category... I don't hold a 'position of power' on SD... but I might like to in a year or more. Yes, someone actually wants your job. Clearly I don't know what it entails, otherwise i'd be running in the opposite direction screaming like a dive-alert plus.

As for the SD tattoo... is this done in a tattoo parlor by a professional or cult style at 110' by the Wench?

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Thank you ALL for the good laughs!!!

I soooooooooooooo needed them today! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I'm also going to have to put my name forward in the suckers category... I don't hold a 'position of power' on SD... but I might like to in a year or more. Yes, someone actually wants your job. Clearly I don't know what it entails, otherwise i'd be running in the opposite direction screaming like a dive-alert plus.

I'm ready when you are.... ;)

formerly...

#7 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I'd like to put out there that I NEVER thought another women's :D would entice me into the sucker category.

Normally that's reserved for tall dark handsome MEN :sweetie: but I guess it was I was daydreaming of that tall dark handsome man when she blindsided me with the need. Ahh I'm hopeless.

I wonder how much a brain to mouth filter costs.... Nah I'll just stick a reg in my mouth. That should do the trick! :cool2:

#8 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

I would contribute to a newsletter if it becomes viable. I think I write reasonably well, and if people let us know what they want to read about, I think several people working together can do a great job.
We tried to put one together before, but did not have a way to deploy it at the time. Has that been corrected?
Posted Image

#9 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

I would contribute to a newsletter if it becomes viable. I think I write reasonably well, and if people let us know what they want to read about, I think several people working together can do a great job.
We tried to put one together before, but did not have a way to deploy it at the time. Has that been corrected?

Yep, that's been fixed. I'll remember your offer in a few months when I'm knee-deep in .... er, my thesis.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

If anyone else would like to help with content that would be great! I agree that the combined efforts of several people will produce a better product than just one.

So YES Tammy and the more the merrier. By dividing up the sections we can keep it fresh and new and FUN!!

So what columns should we have?

Right now we have THANKS to Erica the following:

HOT Forum Topics - Regular Column
Featured Trip - Regular Column
List of all Upcoming Trips - Regular Column
What's in this issue? - Regular Column
Wanna Find Treasure? - Regular Column for now
The Wench's Slate...Musings from the Founder - Regular Column
New Members - Regular Column
TradeShow Update - Regular Column

If we had an instructor that wanted to contribute that would be awesome!
If someone wanted to do a forums tip of the month that would work good

Other ideas???

formerly...

#11 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Gear Guru! I was thinking of having someone write up a little blurb on the cool light we played with at BTS. Maybe that's next month and the neat dry bag is June? It would be cool of one of our members that has gear they LOVE :sweetie: wrote about why they :sweetie: the product. Instead of just a generic write up about gear. What do ya think?

#12 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

IMHO,it would appear that this very site is a "Newsletter". There is such a diversity here of Divers & experience levels ,it (SD) is its own News letter community.When I think of a Newsletter,it should have or add infomation of a current / future event'(s). I.E.,Diving Equipment (new),Ocean,Lakes,or maybe a cleanup event in a certain area of the country. The daily input ,I would think would be filtered into one location or by region..I'm going to suggest , (by zip code)Then published out, once a month or....semi annually.Thats my .02's worth of input.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Gear Guru! I was thinking of having someone write up a little blurb on the cool light we played with at BTS. Maybe that's next month and the neat dry bag is June? It would be cool of one of our members that has gear they LOVE :sweetie: wrote about why they :sweetie: the product. Instead of just a generic write up about gear. What do ya think?

Hmm...even better if its things we sell our members! :teeth:

formerly...

#14 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

IMHO,it would appear that this very site is a "Newsletter". There is such a diversity here of Divers & experience levels ,it (SD) is its own News letter community.When I think of a Newsletter,it should have or add infomation of a current / future event'(s). I.E.,Diving Equipment (new),Ocean,Lakes,or maybe a cleanup event in a certain area of the country. The daily input ,I would think would be filtered into one location or by region..I'm going to suggest , (by zip code)Then published out, once a month or....semi annually.Thats my .02's worth of input.

Thanks for the ideas! You're a brave soul :thankyou: I like the addition of clean up events and the like. I'm hoping this also might entice more HH events.

I've been thinking about the very points you bring up in light of the poll results that a few folks feel that a newsletter isn't necessary. For regular members that log on everyday or once a week it's probably not needed but I'm hoping to target all those folks that I met at the dive show who signed up years ago and haven't been on the site or people like me (well used to be me) that only logged on the check out the trips once every 6 months or so.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Erica you hit the nail on the head.... :respect:

We are SO good about not spamming people that we have NEVER really contacted people including those who want us too.

And as you saw at BTS...many say... I forgot about you...I thought you were going to send us your newsletter.

So this is for those who don't come to the site in hopes that they will start making SD a regular place to hang out!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users