• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Northern Cal Happy Hour 10/28 7pm D&B

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:53 AM

All,

Here is the info (Yes I finally made a decision).

The date is going to be 10/28 (so Jennifer can join us). I'm traveling the next couple of days, but I will contact "On the Boarder" in Milpitas (the intersection of I 880 and I 237) to be sure they can handle us.

Sorry about all the confussion on this event. It's my first time trying this so forgive me.

Scott
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#17 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

Hey Scott- I've edited your topic title with the new date. We can add your spot when you've gotten that nailed down. Hope you guys have a blast!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

All,

Here is the info (Yes I finally made a decision).

The date is going to be 10/28 (so Jennifer can join us).  I'm traveling the next couple of days, but I will contact "On the Boarder" in Milpitas (the intersection of I 880 and I 237) to be sure they can handle us.

Sorry about all the confussion on this event.  It's my first time trying this so forgive me.

Scott

Scott - we appreciate you getting this together, and if we complain, the duty would be ours next time :o

Anyway, I figured you were testing us, if we kept up, we'd pass for dive buddies!!! :cool1:
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#19 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

Hey Scott- I've edited your topic title with the new date. We can add your spot when you've gotten that nailed down. Hope you guys have a blast!

Thanks!

Scott - we appreciate you getting this together, and if we complain, the duty would be ours next time. 

Anyway, I figured you were testing us, if we kept up, we'd pass for dive buddies!!! 

Dang you figured out my evil plan :cool1: Sorry I was so Wishy - Washy. Normally I'm not this bad.

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#20 fishnchips

fishnchips

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Used to teach.
  • Logged Dives:>1500

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

OK, I'll see you all on 10/28. On the border? The Mexican border or the Canadian border? Just kidding. Just want to double check, the "On the Border" restaurant is in the MaCarthy Ranch across from Walmart and in the same parking lot with "Banana Leaf" restaurant, correct?

When should we meet?

#21 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

All,

Here is what I am thinking. Instead of "On The Border" there is a Dave and Busters at the Great Mall. I think that would be better as their would be more room, we can probably get a section to ourselves, and there are games so if folks want to hang around afterwords and play video games or pool that is avaliable as well. Also, assuming I get my DVDs from the Roatan trip by then we maybe able to play those so folks can see what the trips are like.

Thougts? Suggestions?
Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#22 fishnchips

fishnchips

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

D&B Sounds good. WHat time do you want to meet? It is a huge place so we probably need to plan ahead how to meet.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

Cool! Seems this is well underway and starting to get warmed up! The Roatan DVD's go out tomorrow so you should have it in plenty of time!

You'll also have time to post all this great info on the Craig List you were telling me about! Thanks for working to recruit even more great people to SD...ESPECIALLY from the N. Cali area! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 aarvak

aarvak

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:5 and climbing: Nitrox, Dry Suit, Stress & Rescue, Navigation, etc.
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

I will be there in spirit. :lmao: Milpitas is about 100-miles from my North Bay Home. :o If we can arrange a San Francisco (proper) local in the future, I'm onboard - these puns come too easy - since I live four miles from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Ciao,
Christopher :P
Until I can visit other planets, I scuba dive.

#25 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:09 AM

What time are you thinking? I've got a class that evening (pool session) but can get over there after that (probably around 8:30 or so).

-Dan
–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#26 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

All,

I will be finalizing the stuff this weekend with D&B. Here is what I have so far:

* I will have a spot just for us at the viewpoint bar. I will put a couple of my of the SingleDivers.com t-shirts up in our area so folks can find us. I will see if I can leave a message with the doorman as to where in the club we will be located.
* Lets start around 7:00 pm. This will give folks in the North Bay a chance to get there.
* Your on your own for Drinks, but I will purchase at least some munchies (probably a finger food plate).
* I will show the videos around 8:00 pm. This will more then likely be on my laptop.

If your not familar with D&B they have all kinds of games (Pool, Video, etc).

If you could post a note or send me a PM that you are coming that would be great. If you know of any other dive clubs in the area that you want to spread the word at that would be great.

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:36 PM

Hey Scott...that is great! If I knew you were buying munchies I'd of made arrangments to be there myself! Plus to see you in a SD t-shirt is worth the price of admission! LOL!!! :cool2:

Let me know the actual location and I'll get it posted in the first post! Sounds like it may be small but certainly fun!

CHALLENGE: Let's see if everyone coming can find at least one more diver or wanna be diver to come and join you all. I'll even give a t-shirt or slap strap to the person who recruits the most people to come to the party outside of the ones listed so far. So if Scott you or FishnChips get 2 or 3 more folks to join you that are already divers or really interested in learning to dive...then the person with the most attendees will win a prize!!!

So whoever lists this on CraigsList or yahoo or via message boards of local diveclubs etc. can maybe rake in the new attendees and be the first ever Happy Hour Winner! Woo!!! Hoo!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:41 PM

Hey Scott...that is great! If I knew you were buying munchies I'd of made arrangments to be there myself! Plus to see you in a SD t-shirt is worth the price of admission! LOL!!! :cool2:

Let me know the actual location and I'll get it posted in the first post! Sounds like it may be small but certainly fun!

LOL, your just trying to make me blush huh? :dltears:

The location is:

Dave and Busters
Milpitas, CA
The Great Mall of the Bay
(408) 957-9215

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#29 fishnchips

fishnchips

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

I'll be there. See you then. :fish2:

#30 texasmermaid

texasmermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:158

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:51 PM

:teeth: Just got back from Micronesia on Friday and now I'm headed to Oakland for business and plan to attend the happy hour, unless work gets really crazy Thursday. I should have a better idea by Wednesday, but right now I'm planning to see y'all there!

- Jennifer
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users