• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2012-02: Our World Underwater Feb 17-19, 2012

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Frances,I think we're going to back to Giordano's again..Unless someone is allergic to pizza.
John, would you be the reservationist ?...5 & counting

Hi Kamala and SD Chicagoans!

I've been having SD withdrawal ever since I rushed off the island sooner than everyone else. I'm looking at my schedule and Saturday the 18th is looking good for me. Carol also mentioned that she gave you my flash drive (512 mb) when I left practically everything behind! Would you be able to bring the flash drive? Posted Image

UGH - yes unfortunately it's going to be COLD in Chicago. Such a drastic change in scenery from Belize - I so wish I was there right now!!! Or diving somewhere warm!
So last year, dinner was at Giardano's which had really good stuffed Chicago style pizza. The only challenge was the completely full parking lot, the wait, and driving instead of walking somewhere very close (although those were where the very expensive restaurants were located at). I am cool w/ wherever we go as long as we get some good warm food in this chilly town. :)

I can't believe I'll be seeing you again so soon! It will be lots of fun catching up. Posted Image

Frances

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh my I forgot how good that pizza was...it was a challenge getting it but worth it. If we have a small group again and it is likely we will...maybe we can make a reservation for there????

But as you say I'm good with anything for the most part! John, Greg and I will forgot Morton's...it cost about half a dive trip each for dinner! ;) It was however good and the only other divers there were the owners of Aggressor Fleet...go figure huh?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

What time are you setting up Kamala? I can fly in on Thursday and help. Being the shark hugger that I am, I couldn't resist signing up for Samantha Whitcraft's seminar on shark conservation. It is on Saturday afternoon so hopefully you can spare me for a few hours. I was also wondering about the film festivals Friday and Sat. evening. They look really interesting - are seats hard to come by? And do I need to buy ticket/s for the weekend, which I'm happy to do if it gets me into the films.

Saw the Youtube video of your interview at OWU a few years back: Way to go, girlfriend!!!!! :cheerleader: :wakawaka:

Anyway, let me know when you need me Thursday and I'll adjust my flight accordingly. Looking so forward to the weekend!
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#19 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Which of us have passes to get in to work the booth and who doesn't. I will pay my way in if necessary.

#20 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Oh my I forgot how good that pizza was...it was a challenge getting it but worth it. If we have a small group again and it is likely we will...maybe we can make a reservation for there????

I called the Giordano's. They NOW require 15 people to make a reservation. :banghead:

I will be there at 6:15 ish to hold a line for us, but it would help if we have a good estimate how many will come.

Show of hands? :unsure:

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Tim and all see my pm on passes. (In the pm put your celfones so we all can be in touch!)

Ellen we set up on Friday usually around noon. I do fly in on Thursday so I don't cut it too close timewise and also so I can get organized for the show doing last minute things like printing flyers etc.

Ellen we can certainly spare you for the shark presentation. As for the film presentations I'll have to let others reply as I never am able to attend them. At other shows they are very hard to get tickets for so we've always just sponsored our Happy Hour instead. I am not sure about how hard tickets are for this show.

John I know I will be there and Greg and Frances. Not sure about Ellen as she may try to do the film festival. And not sure about Tim but I certainly hope both will join us. We will try to get there asap after the show so you don't have to let too many people go ahead of you in line! ;) We may have a few more join us from the show but we won't know that until Saturday.

p.s. John can you bring your hotpot for water and a thermos for green tea? I even have my own green tea but would love to borrow one of your special brewing cups. :thankyou: Greg and I will get some water for the booth and some granola bars etc. If you want to bring snacks for yourself its a great idea as food prices are high and choices are really limited.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

I took the liberty of updating the Helper and Happy Hour lists in the opening post. All part of the service! :teeth: Good luck with OWU & take pics to share of the Happy Hour!! :dance:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

I took the liberty of updating the Helper and Happy Hour lists in the opening post. All part of the service! :teeth: Good luck with OWU & take pics to share of the Happy Hour!! :dance:

Thanks Brad! You rock!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#24 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

I have an odd question for everyone who has been at OWU before: Does the convention center hall tend to be chilly or not? :thankyou:
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

I always have a jacket cuz walking the show is one thing...standing in place is another. Plus you can take it off if its too warm.

formerly...

#26 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

I have an odd question for everyone who has been at OWU before: Does the convention center hall tend to be chilly or not? :thankyou:

Ellen,I agee with K , usually is on the cool side.. Light jacket or sweator is handy..Do you need any help with the film tickets ?
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#27 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I will be joining the group for dinner on Saturday night. Tim

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I will be joining the group for dinner on Saturday night. Tim

:cheerleader: :wakawaka: :cheerleader:

Know anyone else we can invite? We need to be as close to 10 as we can! :fish2:

formerly...

#29 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Wish I could be there, but I'm teaching class this weekend and next. Have fun, guys!

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,637 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Thank you John! We are having a great time! Yesterday TCDamsel and Timalso and greg@ihpil all helped in the booth ALL day long! :respect:

We then had an amazing dinner last night with BJ Mathpro, all the aforementioned members and Greg's son! Pup was going to join us but had the chance to perform for the people at the film festival and so we happily took a rain check1 (Heck Ellen and I had him all to ourselves for dinner Friday night which was SUPER NICE!!!)

We have met lots of new and potential SD members. DoctorB came and found us as well as Capt Ken from the T&C boat (also a member) and Sandra from Casa del Mar and others!

More later...do come and join us if you can! :cool1:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users