• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atocha Adventure # 1 Week June 4-10, 2012

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Greg not sure what video you are referring too? The one on the Mel Fisher website?

If you are looking at doing one of these amazing trips then choose one of the July ones since we personally host those! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Greg not sure what video you are referring too? The one on the Mel Fisher website?
Yes,

If you are looking at doing one of these amazing trips then choose one of the July ones since we personally host those! :cool1:

Hows the wildlife in that neck of the ocean? Just thinking about some pix ,in between looking for gold.If thats possible?
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Well we blow big holes in the sand to look at the bedrock for the gold and silver and other artifacts. Then we comb the big banks of sand to find the things that were blown into the sand or the lighter objects like pottery.

However we are also blowing up food so you have a lot of stingrays swimming around which is very cool and some fish but we also go dive the Vandenburg and do two regular dives that give more picture ops. But if you catch video or pics of treasure being found...THAT is PRICELESS!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Kamala,Cat,Dave etc. are now video celebrities :cheerleader: ,but you all knew that....

Greg.... That's us, Oscar material! :flirt: Yes, the trip IS a lot of fun!!

#20 JessicaB

JessicaB

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:open water

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Just confirming you received my payment of $2200 as final payment on the trip. Thanks!

#21 JessicaB

JessicaB

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

A few questions:

1. I'm working on booking our flights and it looks like I have 2 choices: we can either get into Key West at about 11:30 or 5:20. If we come early, would we be able to leave our luggage at the house while we go explore (I know check in isn't until 3 or so). If we come in at 5:20, is that a reasoanble amount of time to get out of the airport and get to the house before 6?

2. Are the non-diving excursions (conservation lab, sunset sail, museum tour) included in the price for non-divers (like myself)? Basically, can I go on the non-diving things with my husband without additional cost?

Thank you in advance!

#22 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

PAYMENT UPDATE:
1Atocha 6/4 - 6/10
1) Guy C - ww has received your payment of $2000! You are Paid in Full! :cheerleader:
2) BrantlyT - ww has received your payment of $2000! You are Paid in Full! :thankyou:

3) JessicaB - ww has received your payment of $2200 for diver GabeB and you. You are Paid in Full! :fish2:

#23 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

JessicaB - EYW is a small airport that you can get out of easily. I don't know what the current transportation arrangement is for ADA. I could be on the 520 flight out of the airport, checked in and down to mallory square by 6. There are plenty of taxi's at the airport and getting around key west is pretty easy, just avoid the peddle-cabs.

your second question i would say yes but I'll let kamala comment on that.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#24 Dr Tim

Dr Tim

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logged Dives:11

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi, I am thinking about the trip. I think I finally figured out the trip dive insurance. I purchased the triprotect short term trip insurance from Dive Assurance.. The online application seemed to work accepting the dates of our trip in June.

Still not real positive I have everything correct. It does not seem completly clear if I have dive accident insurance? So, I tried to attach a screen print of the reciept to see if I got the correct insurance, and got an error that I am not permitted to upload. Ok, I will send an email to Kamala seperate.

Are we supposed to fill out forms or are there special forms for our trip? I do not remember if I sent any in or if I am supporsed to be waiting for forms?
Thinking of calm still waters for June,

Tim

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hi Dr Tim...I saw the screen print and the email to Roy and myself. I'm confident that Roy with Dive Assure can help you with the insurance questions. Please keep me apprised in your email exchanges.

We have a special form pkg for the Atocha that we'll be sending shortly. I think its in my inbox for review and then to be sent out. Will verify and try to get them out to you asap. I'm still working on filling the last spot on the trip so we can locking in rooming and other arrangements.

June is just around the corner.... Kamala :wakawaka:

formerly...

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

A few questions:

1. I'm working on booking our flights and it looks like I have 2 choices: we can either get into Key West at about 11:30 or 5:20. If we come early, would we be able to leave our luggage at the house while we go explore (I know check in isn't until 3 or so). If we come in at 5:20, is that a reasoanble amount of time to get out of the airport and get to the house before 6?

You should be able to leave your luggage either at the Mel Fisher museum or possibly at the house even though check in is not until 3pm. If you do arrive at 5:20 you can expect to be at the house shortly after 6pm which is just fine.

2. Are the non-diving excursions (conservation lab, sunset sail, museum tour) included in the price for non-divers (like myself)? Basically, can I go on the non-diving things with my husband without additional cost?

Thank you in advance!

YES....all non-diving excursions are included in the non-diver price! If it involves a boat ride then its not included but everything else is! :wakawaka:

I am sorry I missed this question until now. Let me know if you need anything else! kamala

formerly...

#27 JessicaB

JessicaB

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I just want to clarify, when you say: "YES....all non-diving excursions are included in the non-diver price! If it involves a boat ride then its not included but everything else is!" - what about the sunset sail? I'm assuming since it is a non-diving excurssion it is included in the non-diver price but then when you said if it involves a boat ride it isn't included, you threw me. ;)

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hi Dr Tim...I saw the screen print and the email to Roy and myself. I'm confident that Roy with Dive Assure can help you with the insurance questions. Please keep me apprised in your email exchanges.

We have a special form pkg for the Atocha that we'll be sending shortly. I think its in my inbox for review and then to be sent out. Will verify and try to get them out to you asap. I'm still working on filling the last spot on the trip so we can locking in rooming and other arrangements.

June is just around the corner.... Kamala :wakawaka:

Dr Tim...I saw an email from Roy with Dive Assure that you had not gotten his emails to you... can you confirm if you have and reply to him or let me know so I can make sure he has your correct email? Thank you! kamala

formerly...

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

I just want to clarify, when you say: "YES....all non-diving excursions are included in the non-diver price! If it involves a boat ride then its not included but everything else is!" - what about the sunset sail? I'm assuming since it is a non-diving excurssion it is included in the non-diver price but then when you said if it involves a boat ride it isn't included, you threw me. ;)

Yes that was a bit confusing...it DOES include the Sunset Sail but not the check out dives nor the dives to the Atocha. EVERYTHING else is included such as the workshops, tours, get togethers and most certainly the SUNSET CRUISE!!!

I am sorry for the confusion... too little sleep lately! LOL! Kamala

formerly...

#30 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:
1. Tim aka Dr Tim: your SingleDiver docs (Rooming Survey, Insurance Summary, Waiver) and Mel Fisher docs (Contract and Trip Pack) have been received! :thankyou:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users