• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2012-03: .Bonaire 5th Annual Single's Week! March 3-10 or 4-11, 2012

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hi LittleMermaid...welcome! We'll be happy to the Dive Mentor program with you! When you say adventure or specialty dives etc what do you mean?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 pearldiver

pearldiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:62

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

• I am interested in obtaining my Nitrox certification on this trip. “You do the reading and bookwork BEFORE the trip” would that be PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual? What would the estimated cost be associated with this certification? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
~[/list]

#48 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

I know it would be a PADI course, but we'll have to get the pricing from the Wench. She may or may not be able to get an answer while she's on her vacation with her Mom, so be patient!

All I can say is, I LOVE diving on Nitrox! Makes a huge difference to my energy level by the end of a week of diving 4-5 dives per day....and I'm not much younger than you, so it would help you as well.
Posted Image

#49 littlemermaid

littlemermaid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:65+

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

By adventure or specialty dives, I was wondering if there was a way to try something and see if you liked it before committing to a specialty course. I'm thinking about night dives in particular.

Hi LittleMermaid...welcome! We'll be happy to the Dive Mentor program with you! When you say adventure or specialty dives etc what do you mean?

#50 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

By adventure or specialty dives, I was wondering if there was a way to try something and see if you liked it before committing to a specialty course. I'm thinking about night dives in particular.

I would be happy to lead you on a night dive from the dock of our house reef! Calabas Reef is a great night dive. You don't have to go very deep, and there is NO WAY I will get lost! I've dived that reef so many times, and it is a shore dive so the way home is always in the same direction.... :lmao:

I have seen large turtles, big octopus, tarpon feeding, spiny lobsters and big crabs, all out feeding at night on that reef. :cool1:
Posted Image

#51 pearldiver

pearldiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:62

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

I am patient and in no hurry. I hope all are having a wonderful time on Vacation!

I have a fairly large project at work after the first of the year so been working on the logistics and timing. Getting close to finalizing the details on work and locking in on the - official Who's Going List! :D

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

The lionshare of what the night diving specialty is...is learning to do a night dive. If you have NEVER done a night then then taking the specialty and learning to do it right with an instructor IS THE WAY TO GO. If you have done one before then diving with someone else is fine but I'm guessing you have not done one and the course will teach you RIGHT. You need to learn light signals and all sorts of things that are best suited in an instructor/student environment.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

• I am interested in obtaining my Nitrox certification on this trip. “You do the reading and bookwork BEFORE the trip” would that be PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual? What would the estimated cost be associated with this certification? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
~[/list]

Yes I'll reply in full after my travels when internet is not .45 a minute and slower than molassas on a cold winter day!

formerly...

#54 littlemermaid

littlemermaid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:65+

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

The lionshare of what the night diving specialty is...is learning to do a night dive. If you have NEVER done a night then then taking the specialty and learning to do it right with an instructor IS THE WAY TO GO. If you have done one before then diving with someone else is fine but I'm guessing you have not done one and the course will teach you RIGHT. You need to learn light signals and all sorts of things that are best suited in an instructor/student environment.

Maybe I've watched too many scary movies and not enough happy nice ones about the sea at night! I'm just a little leery of getting creeped out. Is anyone else interested in a night diving specialty?

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

The WORST way to try and experience a night dive is without proper training, and an instructor with you to make sure you are safe and sound. Once you realize the beauty of the critters at night...especially that FIRST OCTOPUS...you'll be hooked. But do it right the first time and you'll be hooked. Do it the wrong way and you risk having them ruined forever. I know...I did it the wrong way and it ruined night dives for many years. And yet some of my best dives are night dives.

I'm sure someone else will want to join you but if not...then it will just be you and the instructor...how cool is that!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#56 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

PAYMENT UPDATE:
1. Janelle aka littlemermaid, we received your payment of $650! Deposit $500, Nitrox $100, RAB (for one day) $50 :thankyou:

Posted Image

#57 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

DOCUMENT UPDATE:

1. Janell aka littlemermaid, we have received your Waiver! :thankyou:
Just need your Insurance Summary now, to be moved up to the Who's Going list! :cheerleader:
Posted Image

#58 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

PAYMENT UPDATE:
1) Priscilla aka DivingDixie, we received your trip deposit of $500! :cheerleader:
Please cut & paste the Sign-up Template into a post & answer the questions so we know what package you're signing up for. :thankyou:
2) Janell aka littlemermaid, we received your payment of $100! :2cool: (RAB for the rest of the week)
Posted Image

#59 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

Hello Pearldiver,

I was just passing some idle time, reading through old posts, and saw your question on the Nitrox course. My sister was going on her first Single Divers trip this spring. She wanted to get the Nitrox cert prior to her trip, so she could start her diving on Nitrox. With the help of Kamala, my sister took the online course through Bill prior to her trip, and took and passed the test online. Kamala spent a little time with my sister at the beginning of the trip, going over the analysis and log book process and such, and my sister was good to go with Nitrox for the week. Although uncertain, I do believe it was a PADI course. I dont remember the cost of the course, but I do know that it was cheaper than what the shop in Palau was charging, plus she did not have to start her trip diving air. I appreciated the ease and convenience, as well as the assistance from both Kamala and Bill, and I do recommend you consider them as an option for the Nitrox cert. For clarity, I have no personal interest there. Just a satisfied customer.

Ed

• I am interested in obtaining my Nitrox certification on this trip. "You do the reading and bookwork BEFORE the trip" would that be PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual? What would the estimated cost be associated with this certification? Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
~[/list]

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

Thank you Ed. Yes this is a great option...gives you time to do the book work and be ready to do the hands on when you get there! Still trying to tie up loose ends but will get you the pricing etc as requested.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users