• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2012-10/11: Oct 27-Nov 3, 2012 Roatan MONSTER BASH Single's Week!!!

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

$ 300.00 deposit via E-Check

AWESOME!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Delta Sale to Roatan still on.
About $500+/- for

BOS
JFK
ORD
ATL
IAD
MSP

Airline Yield Managers usually reset fares Tuesday. You SnooZe, You Looze!!!

UPDATE_UPDATE as of 5/7/20121:50pm

United formally Continental is matching fares and some maybe lower than Delta. Don't let this fare war bypass you!!!!

Wow...this fare is GREAT! I'm very tempted to join the group flying thru ATL. Need to check my work schedule
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#48 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Has anybody read the reviews for this resort on Trip Advisor? I'm curious whether anybody here has stayed at Media Luna before. The reviews are not that great for the food and bar service. It would be nice to have some feedback from Kamala's contacts at the facility.

More often than not I have used Trip Advisor's recommendations. While in Curaçao last month we checked their restaurant lists daily before deciding where to go. I've become quite confidant in their reports and we targeted the top choices each night.

#49 tankboy26

tankboy26

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:are we supposed to keep track?

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

Great news! Glad you can join us!

To be official, please go ahead and paste the below booking template into a new post with your answers to the questions. It let's us know what you are signing up for.

Welcome aboard! :teeth:

tankboy26 - TEMPLATE
Payment Summary to Date: We list your payments as we receive them.
Media Luna AI Pkg $1159 d/o or $1391 s/o: Your Trip less $100 early booking discount if paid in full before 2-14-12
Extra Days/Nights:no List extra days/nights you may want here
Boat Night Dive:[yes] List if you want to do this
Shark Dive:[no] List if you want to do this
Dolphin Dive:[no] List if you want to do this
Zipline:[yes] List if you want to do this
[b]Trip to West End (There will be a fee for travel $TBA):[yes] List if you want to do this
[b]Costume Contest Participation:[no] List if you want to do this
[b]School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage:[yes] List if you want to do this
[b]Other Activities:
Tell us what you are interested in.
[b]Nitrox $130:[no] YES or NO
[b]D/O Double Occupancy or S/O Single Occupancy:[D/O] D/O or S/O
[b]Documents:
SD Waiver - __ SD Survey - ____ SD Ins Summary - _____
[b]Dive Insurance CURRENT:[DAN] ANSWER & LIST YOUR PROVIDER
[b]Trip Insurance PLEASE CHOOSE ONE:

a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
[b]Flight Details:[Delta 1625/483 Return DL480/DL2024] We'll list when you send them to us
[b]Other:
Special Food Needs? Or anything else we should know!
[b]Available Discounts - List ALL That You Qualify For:

1. $100 early payment on S/O only if paid in full by Feb 14, 2012
2. Paid in full Feb 14th = chance at FREE nitrox, FREE zipline, FREE Night Dive (not transferable).
3. Paid in full by Aug 1st = Chance at Free Oceanview Upgrade.
4. Submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip so no $75 document fee.

#50 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Has anybody read the reviews for this resort on Trip Advisor? I'm curious whether anybody here has stayed at Media Luna before. The reviews are not that great for the food and bar service. It would be nice to have some feedback from Kamala's contacts at the facility.

More often than not I have used Trip Advisor's recommendations. While in Curaçao last month we checked their restaurant lists daily before deciding where to go. I've become quite confidant in their reports and we targeted the top choices each night.

I have not stayed @ Media Luna however lasts years SD.com trip was at sister property Henry Morgan, From what I hear M.L. is a nicer property. I've stayed 5 times in Roatan, Fantasy Island x 2, Bay Island Beach Resort x 2 and Henry Morgan x1. Hands Down HM was much nicer than the other resorts. I found my room clean and comfortable w/ flat screen TV, a/c, fridge and safe. Main lodge was nice, bar service O.K. and 3 meal buffet better than other 2 properties however for me buffets get boring after a week and deserts could have been better unless you like FLAN, plenty of Flan for everybody.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have been speaking to the resort EXTENSIVELY about the trip advisor reviews. OTWDiver and I stayed at Media Luna for a week last year and it was BEAUTIFUL!! The diving SUPERB...the house reef is one of the best dive sites in all of Roatan.

The food was not up to par for a 5 star resort. But then NO food is really up to par in Roatan in general. However the resort has PROMISED they are getting a new chef in May so we should see much better reviews in a month or so.

I hope that helps you... we'd love to have you Beth... kamala

p.s The resort REALLY is awesome! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#52 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have been speaking to the resort EXTENSIVELY about the trip advisor reviews. OTWDiver and I stayed at Media Luna for a week last year and it was BEAUTIFUL!! The diving SUPERB...the house reef is one of the best dive sites in all of Roatan.

The food was not up to par for a 5 star resort. But then NO food is really up to par in Roatan in general. However the resort has PROMISED they are getting a new chef in May so we should see much better reviews in a month or so.

p.s The resort REALLY is awesome! :teeth:

Are you talking about all food on Roatan, or just at the All Inclusive Resorts? We did enjoy the food at Anthony's Key Resort as far as the AI's go and they don't serve buffet style but off a limited menu every day and it costs more than the HM resorts. There are a mix of resturants in the West End, but getting there from Media Luna may be a challenge.

Edited by georoc01, 08 May 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#53 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

p.s The resort REALLY is awesome!

The resort does look nice in the pictures.

How's their WiFi coverage?

Just checked the airfare from ATL and it has dropped to $486!!!

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Wifi is in the lobby and restaurant and bar...NO PROBLEMS!!! And lots of comfy places to sit to use it too!

They were talking about having it in the rooms but then they would have to charge for it. So I hope they don't go resort wide...FREE IS BETTER!

formerly...

#55 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

FYI DELTA airfare from ATL and ORD still $480, some other markets creeping up and flights not as great. Don't let this sale pass by you.
ss
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#56 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

FYI DELTA airfare from ATL and ORD still $480, some other markets creeping up and flights not as great. Don't let this sale pass by you.
ss

This airfare really is too hard to pass up....so count me in! Just bought my round trip ticket from Birmingham thru Atlanta for under $500.

#57 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Woo Hoo Beth! Let the party begin!

That airfare is pretty sweet. :teeth:

#58 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

PAYMENTS UPDATE:
1) Mike aka tankboy26 ww has received your payment of $700 :thankyou:

2) Stan aka scubaski ww has received your deposit of $300! :thankyou:

DOCUMENTS UPDATE:

1) Mike aka tankboy26 we have received your Survey and Ins Summary! :cheerleader:

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

ss

This airfare really is too hard to pass up....so count me in! Just bought my round trip ticket from Birmingham thru Atlanta for under $500.

YEA!!! It will be AWESOME to see you again! :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

That is a super duper airfare...I bought mine a long time ago so I'm crying NOW at the prices...oh well... win some lost some... :(

formerly...

#60 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

I use Trip Advisor a lot, and yes, I have read the reviews as well. But my take on the food comments is YAY.

I spend a week at Pirate's Point in Little Cayman in February. Owner did time with Julia Child and James Beard. Head chef came up through Napa Valley. The food was so good that despite 3 hours a day of diving, and vigorous bike rides up island almost every day, I gained 4 pounds. So...so so food is great by me! I'll only eat enough to get by!

Plus, I am going for the company and diving. And the rooms look really nice in the pictures, and YAY to Kamala for getting such a great price for a SINGLE!

Looking forward to meeting you!

SL
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users