• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Movie Reviews

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

It didn't end, it's another continued story :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#182 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

I rented Little Miss Sunshine last night and it's great!!

I haven't laughed like that in a long time :lmao:

#183 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

Has anyone made it thru Pirates of Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest?

I rented that from Netflix and fell asleep twice so I returned it!

That is about the size of it. Saw it in the theater. Was not impressed. The original was much better. :o

My personal favorites list would include (In no particular order):

Shaun of the Dead

The Evil Dead Trilogy

The Princess Bride

Galaxy Quest

Mystery Men

Team America: World Police (crude, juvenile and twisted in places, but more good than bad...)

Some Like It Hot

Goodfellas

The Incredibles

A Fish Called Wanda

The Birdcage

Shichinin no samurai (Seven Samuri - Kurosawa)

The Magnificent Seven

The Great Escape

The Longest Day

Dave

Zoolander

...there are many more, but those come to mind right off the top of my head...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#184 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Children of Men, probably the best movie I've seen recently, watch the special features and marvel at the camera rig they made. It's an English movie so unlike most of what is coming out of Hollywood it's not recycled drivel.

#185 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

I'm in the middle of Children of Men right now. It's a little ..... long and uneventful.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#186 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

I'm in the middle of Children of Men right now. It's a little ..... long and uneventful.

Yeah it's not really about the action, it's more the way they shot it that was so impressive, but people either love it or hate it.

#187 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

You can put me in the latter category. It seems like they crammed a 30 minute movie into about 3 hours.

I did enjoy "Blood Diamond" though. The first movie where I actually liked Leonardo DiCaprio.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#188 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:28 AM

Saw "Death of a President" this weekend. Excellent film with good twists and done in a documentary style. Recommended.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#189 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) aka "tj" aka my all time favorite friend and wife - suggested we take in "The Shooter".

I was flabberghasted since she usually favors chick flicks and eschews violence.

This was a well done flick - lots of action, with a good balance of dialogue. Most excellent special effects. A couple of needless "we are really in a movie about the current administration in case you missed it" references.

In shameless plagiarism, awe and admiration of Joe Bob Briggs, famous Texas movie critic -

Car chases, tug boat chase, helicopter chase (2), two romance themes (Rhona Mitra and Kate Mara)

Kung fu, handcuff fu, 9mm fu, .30 cal fu, .50 cal rifle fu, rocket fu, helicopter fu, napalm fu, pipe-bomb fu, knife-fu and one attempted throw-out-the-window fu.

Ten gallons of blood, no breasts

Don't miss it.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#190 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

Rented "The Good Shepherd" and loved it. Very intriguing story line. Matt Damon was good (although I can't look at him the same way after "Team America").

#191 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:19 AM

Just watched The History Boys which was a UK Broadway show adapted for the screen. It was good once I got into the flow of the accents.

Here's the plot summary:

"In 1980s Britain, a group of young men at Cutlers' Grammar School all have the brains, and the will to earn the chance of getting accepted in the finest universities in the nation, Oxford and Cambridge. Despite the fine teaching by excellent professionals, the Headmaster is not satisfied. He signs on the young Irwin to polish the students' style to give them the best chance. In this mix of intellectualism and creative spirit that guides a rigorous preparation regime for that ultimate educational brass ring, the lives of the randy students and the ostensibly restrained faculty intertwine that would change their lives forever." [source: IMDb]

Side note, who could resist Dakin!? :cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users