• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Movie Reviews

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#31 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

All,

Went to Ladder 49 last night. This is a very good firefighter movie. Very much a tear jerker, but well done. At the end you really do appriciate what those guys do for a living. Definately work the price of admittion, but if you can get in a less a great deal. I give it at least $6 our of $10.

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#32 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:54 PM

I'll add my movie review for 'Ray' - TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

This was an excellent movie - and Jamie Foxx did an incredible job portraying Ray Charles....very convincing performance and a great story....not to mention great music throughout.
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#33 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

That one is on my list I just didn't get to it this weekend. Hopefully next weekend.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#34 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:26 AM

i saw "supersize me" this week....yikes!!!
but what a puss.....a year and a half ago, i could EASIILY have put down a double quarter pounder with cheese meal deal...only with diet coke (no ice)....

i saw " the GRUDGE" yesterday for halloween.
what a disappointment!!! supposed to be akin to "the ring" (which scared the crap outta me). but this one wasn't scary enough.

i give it TWO FINS DOWN.

but i saw a preview for something that looked good... "white Noise" with michael keaton. it's about dead people who talk to us through electronic equipment.

#35 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:16 PM

but i saw a preview for something that looked good... "white Noise" with michael keaton. it's about dead people who talk to us through electronic equipment.

Reminds me of my last experience trying to get some help at Best Buy!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#36 chepar

chepar

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

i saw "supersize me"  this week....yikes!!!
but what a puss.....a year and a half ago, i could EASIILY have put down a double quarter pounder with cheese meal deal...only with diet coke (no ice)....

My brother in law saw that movie when it first came out (and just bought the DVD), and then read some book entitled "Fast Food Nation" or something like that.

He now refuses to eat any ground beef that he has not ground himself - and don't get him started on about premade hamburger patties.

Personally, I enjoy the occasional fast food franchise visit. :cool2:

I'm taking my daughter to see "The Incredibles" this weekend. Looks like fun.

#37 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:04 PM

I'll add my movie review for 'Ray' - TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

This was an excellent movie - and Jamie Foxx did an incredible job portraying Ray Charles....very convincing performance and a great story....not to mention great music throughout.

I went this weekend to Ray. I enjoyed it, but thought they could have cut about 1/2 hour out of it. I got the picture after about an hour and 1/2 that he was a drug addict, cheated on his wife, and eventually turned his back on anyone that helped him in his career. That said, it was very entertaining, definitely worth seeing. I paid full price, but was really worth Matinee prices...

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#38 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:48 PM

The Incredibles is definately worth a visit!!! I'd pay to see it again in the theatre! Also just got Shrek 2 on DVD...they must have had some fun making that as the bonuses on the DVD are just as good as the movie.
Sempar Partus!!

#39 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:39 PM

I just saw SAW, and if you like horror movies, this is OK. Not great, some of the acting gets a little cheesy, but for the most part I was disapointed. The end has a great twist.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#40 sugarbad

sugarbad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:37 PM

I just saw SAW, and if you like horror movies, this is OK. Not great, some of the acting gets a little cheesy, but for the most part I was disapointed. The end has a great twist.

I thought burning this film in it's canisters before it got to the theaters would have been the only proper thing to do.....With the exception of the twist at the end this movie was laughable...Can you tell I didn't like it??? :angel2:

#41 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:20 AM

I thought burning this film in it's canisters before it got to the theaters would have been the only proper thing to do.....With the exception of the twist at the end this movie was laughable...Can you tell I didn't like it??? :banghead:

Like I said, some of the acting gets a bit cheesey. W/o the ending, I'd agree.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#42 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 11:07 AM

The Incredibles is definately worth a visit!!! I'd pay to see it again in the theatre!

Yeah that one is on my list to go see. I was waiting a week or 2 for the hype to die down a bit before going. It looks very funny.

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

#43 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:48 PM

I got around to seeing Ray this weekend. Got to say I really enjoyed the movie but like others have said it is a long winded. That being said I would highly recommend it.

#44 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:01 PM

The Incredibles is definately worth a visit!!! I'd pay to see it again in the theatre!

Yeah that one is on my list to go see. I was waiting a week or 2 for the hype to die down a bit before going. It looks very funny.

Scott

And it IS funny!!!!! Saw it on Thursday and it was great! Between the Incredibles and Team America it has been a good year for movie humour!! :2cool:

#45 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:29 AM

Scott

And it IS funny!!!!! Saw it on Thursday and it was great! Between the Incredibles and Team America it has been a good year for movie humour!! :o

I went and saw it on Friday. It was very funny. I didn't care much for the short before the movie, but the movie itself was very funny. Definately work full price.

I have to agree with you. Between Team America and the Incredibles it has been a good few months for animated humor. Can't wait for "Meet the Faulkers".

Scott

- Albert Einstein

- Rush (The Trees)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users