• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014: TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHERE TO GO!!!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

My ‘problem’ with North Carolina is the amount of non-diving time wasted on getting there and around (I have to fly there). It’s also very (proportionally) expensive for a few great dives. Still I have it on my to dive list. When the right context shows up, I’ll be there. Are you planning to dive the Yancey ?

Lephenix

That wreck is not in the stretch we dive. We can however dive the U352 one of only 2 uboats in warm shallow water and the ONLY one without ripping current all the time or most of the time.

The wrecks are rapidly breaking up and disappearing so you should want to do this sooner vs later.

As for getting there... many peeps coming from the West Coast stay an extra night on the return and do a redeye inbound. Or you can do an extra night inbound for under $100 each nite and even less if you split a room. The trip price covers transport which is huge and RARELY offered if ever as part of a cohesive pkg. You are limited to 2 dives a day but if you are trained and are the first diver in the water...you can do light tech profiles ...just work around 1.5 surface interval and the fact you are diving with recreational diving. On this past trip we had 3 technical divers and you would have never known unless you looked at their gear and checked to see how much extra bottom time they had. But they did not impeded the recreational divers and they worked around the same 1.5 hr SI we all had. They just used higher mixes to off gas faster AND stay down longer. :wakawaka:/>

So with airline tickets sometimes as low as $400 to RDU and a reasonable land pkg ...the dives are not really that much more than most of the trips we take other than you are diving on REAL HISTORY and not artificial reefs.

Oh did I mention you will be diving with an AMAZING group that I ensure are ALL able to do these great dives? NO ONE ELSE DOES THAT! They take your money just like they take anyone else's regardless of skill or ability. Given how you like to dive...I would wager you'll never find a better combination of positive variables... ;)

I'll let some of our West Coast divers weigh in as well... -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#152 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS TO THE LIST:

1. I *MAY* add a small Maldives trip to the calendar in March 2014. I have a dive shop that took the boat but now is not sure they want to fill the whole thing and have asked if I was interested. I would certainly go back to the Maldives and wanted to know if anyone else was interested? It would be Mar 16-26 on EV's boat Carpe Diem.

2. I *MAY* also add NYE to our Galapagos offerings in addition to the Dec 1-8 and Dec 8-15 trips. Would anyone be interested in a NYE 2014 ringing in 2015 in the Galapagos???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#153 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

My dance card is pretty full for 2014 already so Maldives won't work for me, but I'm already on the first week Galapagos trip and would be open to moving my week to NYE if that helps the cause since I haven't booked flights yet. Wanted to harass Buzo again in Galapagos, but for the greater good I'm sure he'ld do the same if he could. Just fyi if it helps. That and NYE dive trips are a blast!!!

1. I *MAY* add a small Maldives trip to the calendar in March 2014. I have a dive shop that took the boat but now is not sure they want to fill the whole thing and have asked if I was interested. I would certainly go back to the Maldives and wanted to know if anyone else was interested? It would be Mar 16-26 on EV's boat Carpe Diem.

2. I *MAY* also add NYE to our Galapagos offerings in addition to the Dec 1-8 and Dec 8-15 trips. Would anyone be interested in a NYE 2014 ringing in 2015 in the Galapagos???

#154 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I would definitely be interested in a New Years Eve trip to the Galapagos.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

#155 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

ANOTHER STRONG CONTENDER:

I am looking at doing San Sal again in 2014 in Nov. It would have to be earlier since we are doing 2 trips in Dec.

formerly...

#156 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Well, I'm interested in San Sal but early November (thru the 8th) is already booked with work stuff. Galapagos for NYE is a possibility, but getting a little close to the March 2015 Fiji trip - which I WON'T miss!! Maldives is interesting, I'll have to check my calendar...and wallet.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#157 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Should this be Carpe Vita? And Mar 16-23? I can't find Carpe Diem or the other dates on their website....

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#158 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Traci you are too good! YES Carpe Vita and yes ... Mar 16-23... lOL!

formerly...

#159 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

NYE would actually work better for me for Galapagos, as my kids will be out of school. Maldives is more in the 2015 range for me. Will be in Fiji, also. Cocos on the horizon. Posted Image

#160 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'll definitely switch to NYE if the Buzo does!

NYE would actually work better for me for Galapagos, as my kids will be out of school. Maldives is more in the 2015 range for me. Will be in Fiji, also. Cocos on the horizon. Posted Image

#161 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

The only risk I run of opening a 3rd trip to Galapagos is a lot of switching... which then leaves me too many gaps in the other two trips... however unless I find another group to take the NYE trip...I may have no choice.

formerly...

#162 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

ANOTHER STRONG CONTENDER:

I am looking at doing San Sal again in 2014 in Nov. It would have to be earlier since we are doing 2 trips in Dec.

San Sal would be nice for Nov 2014, but only if you can get the dates confirmed before 22 Nov 2013. I dive an annual trip each Nov that I also book while I'm there, but I'd go with SD.Com to San Sal if the trip is confirmed.

ST

#163 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thanks Susan...I will be confirming before Nov 22 this year if we are going. I'm waiting on pricing etc. The only dates I can do it would be ideally Nov 8-15 and possibly Nov 15-22. Kamala

formerly...

#164 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Well, I'm interested in San Sal but early November (thru the 8th) is already booked with work stuff. Galapagos for NYE is a possibility, but getting a little close to the March 2015 Fiji trip - which I WON'T miss!! Maldives is interesting, I'll have to check my calendar...and wallet.

Ok so the 8th -15th is out for you right? Or can you fly in the 8th???

formerly...

#165 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I may be able to do the 8th-15th. If that works for you, book it and I'll do my best; otherwise I'll do the trip next time. I'm cipherin' on the NYE Galapagos too, you're making this difficult with too many good trips to choose.... such problems to have...Posted Image

Ok so the 8th -15th is out for you right? Or can you fly in the 8th???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users