• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014: TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHERE TO GO!!!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#76 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Yes it is tough but sometimes the price difference between high and low season is reasonable...and most times it is NOT!!! That is why some venues *always* seem to be at the same time of year when we repeat them... its mostly due to juggling the above variables!!

Then we have a few other factors as well...

1. We have committed to do a number of dive shows and MUST do a certain number a year to keep our 'WholeSaler' status which allows us to resell travel to our members and/or to other groups. These shows eat up a lot of great diving real estate so to speak.

2. We also try to book trips so they fall in the first part of the month for those who need to avoid the end of the month and we try to book trips the last part of the month for those who have to avoid the first part of the month.

3. We also try to book things in the dead of summer so our teachers can safely join us since so many schools let out at different times and start back up at different times. (And school teachers don't get out with the kids...so they often times only get a month off which means July is PRIME which is why we are working on more July trip options for our members.)

4. And of course we have lots of members who ski so don't want to miss great conditions on the slopes so only travel in spring or summer and we have members who want to enjoy the beauty and best conditions of summer where they live so only travel in the fall or winter.

5. And finally we have people who have seasonal jobs so can only travel in fall and winter or the spring and summer. In other words...we try to mix it up and keep it where all our members can travel with us regardless of when they can travel or where they want to go!

That is why these topics are so good for us...and of course why we welcome people's efforts to educate others on different trip venues! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#77 DivingNole

DivingNole

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:136

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I saw someone mentioned the Grenadines, I would have to see if I could eek out budget and time for another trip that way! Posted Image/>/> I spent a week on Bequia last year, which also included a day trip to Union Island to dive the Tobago Cays. I can share any of my info since it's a little bit off the beaten path.

Please send me what you have.... Posted Image

I sent you an e-mail about Bequia!

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

:thankyou: I got it!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#79 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

2. We also try to book trips so they fall in the first part of the month for those who need to avoid the end of the month and we try to book trips the last part of the month for those who have to avoid the first part of the month.

I know in my case, I am 180 degrees from that one. I am responsible for the monthly accounting close for two of our assets here in the Rockies and the close occurs between the 1st and 15th of the month. So for me, trips like the Bonaire trip works best for me!

But the ski season ended this weekend :(

The fact is that you can't please everyone.

#80 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Actually George I was thinking of you too when I said for those who can't travel the first part of the month we try to book trips at the end of the month!

But you are right...you can't please everyone but we TRY!!! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#81 sschronic

sschronic

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW; DrySuit
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'd be interested in a Belize liveaboard. My favourite time to travel is between mid-October & mid-November. I haven't thought past this year for travel plans, but I think 2014 or 2015 would be something I could work around. Thanks!

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hey girl...Belize is great and we have not been in a long time. I am not sure that I want to do a liveaboard again as I'm on the hook for a lot of big trips already for 2014 and 2015. We could however do individual bookings for people (especially if we commit far in advance) and we could CERTAINLY do a land based trip in conjunction with the optional liveaboard. :cool1:

formerly...

#83 AnemoneAmy

AnemoneAmy

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hmm, Holbox still sounds good, but I sure loved Dominica too. Might be hard to do more than 2 trips for me in 2014 though, with Galapagos...so hoping you will try one of those < 6 months out from Galapagos. Of course, you have other options listed, maybe SAn Sal or Little Cayman works too.
Maybe Bonaire if you're doing the 4th of July! It's all good.

Edited by AnemoneAmy, 29 April 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#84 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hey girl...Belize is great and we have not been in a long time. I am not sure that I want to do a liveaboard again as I'm on the hook for a lot of big trips already for 2014 and 2015. We could however do individual bookings for people (especially if we commit far in advance) and we could CERTAINLY do a land based trip in conjunction with the optional liveaboard. :cool1:/>

When we were talking about diving in Belize, one of things that came up was doing a Southern Belize leg. Could that be an option for 2014? I have done Ambrigis Caye twice, but having somewhere new might be a swing vote between this, Bonaire again and Cozumel.

Another thing that I brought up in the Bonaire discussion for this year was a potential photo class, especially with the revolutionary GoPro3. If there is enough interest, maybe a package working with your GoPro vendor could be an addon to a 2014 trip?

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

All good ideas George and Amy!!!

:thankyou:

I'll be working on your suggestions.

George where exactly do you want to go if not AC??? Any suggestions?

formerly...

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Sneak Peek:

I have just inked a deal with Little Cayman Beach Resort to do Little Cayman over Labor Day Aug30 - Sept 6th for 2014. Stay tuned...we'll have some smoking early booking discounts AND member discounts! :wakawaka:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

formerly...

#87 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

I stayed in Placencia, when I was there and it was a great little town; it's also "close" to Gladden Spit and Glover's Reef, although Dangriga may be closer to Glover's. The resort was brand new at the time, so I'd have to do some checking if it's still there and what their set-up is now. They did have a dive shop on premises, and it was brand new as well - so a few glitches, but hopefully those have been worked out. I'll look back and find the name of it and let you know.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#88 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image

I stayed in Placencia, when I was there and it was a great little town; it's also "close" to Gladden Spit and Glover's Reef, although Dangriga may be closer to Glover's. The resort was brand new at the time, so I'd have to do some checking if it's still there and what their set-up is now. They did have a dive shop on premises, and it was brand new as well - so a few glitches, but hopefully those have been worked out. I'll look back and find the name of it and let you know.

I was thinking of these or Hopkins, which isn't quite as far south. The other question is the timing as you would want to do this April/May/June as this is when the whalesharks are passing through on their way to the Gulf.

#89 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Oh, boy...if forced to make a decision between Holbox & Little Cayman, I may choose the latter. While the Cenotes & whale shark diving are quite a draw for me, I have had limited time in the water with the giants, already. For me, personally, Little Cayman is a bigger attraction. I've never gotten away from Grand Cayman when I've been there. Have always wanted to do the smaller islands. If it were a Belize trip to pick from, I have no experience there, as of yet, & would be open to any itinerary. Blue Hole doesn't really matter to me, if it's not included.

:thankyou:/>

#90 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Kamala, I will have my eye on Little Cayman. Per my schedule, as of now, that week would work for me. Unfortunately, I may be in a vacation black out at that time next year.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!!!!! I want to go :diver:/>

I've never been to Belize either. Wouldn't two trips be LOVELY?? :teeth:

Edited by ScubaSis, 30 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users