• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-07: .July 3-8,2013 Dive with SHARKS & WRECKS in NC's Graveyard of the Atlantic

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE & UPDATE:

Hey gang...we need to know how much lead you need IF you are not bringing your own lead. If you are bringing your own lead PLEASE let us know that too! Currently we do not have a fee for lead IF you let us know in advance. However that may change as we get closer to the trip but for now we'll assume no charges if know what you need in advance. :thankyou:

I'm going to need 8lbs of lead if diving with steel 100 tanks (first choice) or 12lbs if diving with aluminum 100s. Thanks!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 twolfe61

twolfe61

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive master
  • Logged Dives:over 2000

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I guess put me down for 12 lbs, I would prefer 2 4lbs and 2 2lbs.
thanks,

#93 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

PAYMENTS UPDATE:

1) Jeannie aka NeutralBuoyancy: ww has received your payment of $800!:thankyou:
2) Laura aka liveandletdive: ww has received your payment of $625!:cheerleader:

#94 Diver666

Diver666

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Board Status:ZeroX29a
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I will be bringing my own weights with me so won't need any rental weights.

-A
Formerly "andrewb" now Diver666 or ZeroX29a for those in the know!

#95 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

IMPORTANT LEAD NEEDS:

Thank you for your lead updates... Clint will capture them in the 3rd post for everyone. Please let us know your needs so we can plan accordingly. We often max out the amt of lead the boat capt has as he is used to mostly drive in divers who have their own lead.

PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR LEAD NEEDS! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#96 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I will be driving in and so will be schlepping my own lead aboard (no wise cracks from the cheap seats Clint!) just like last time. :diver:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#97 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I will be driving in and so will be schlepping my own lead aboard (no wise cracks from the cheap seats Clint!) just like last time. :diver:

My lips are sealed.

#98 twolfe61

twolfe61

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

couple of quick questions..

I do not see night dives planned, is that correct? That means I can leave my dive light at home..

Since I am leaving before 5 PM on the 8th, I have rented a car..My flight is at 10:30 am on the 8th, if someone has a early flight and wants to ride along to the airport, let me know.

I have not seen a answer to the question about water temp, from what I have seen, it should be 80-85 deg, right?

#99 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

couple of quick questions..

I do not see night dives planned, is that correct? That means I can leave my dive light at home..

Since I am leaving before 5 PM on the 8th, I have rented a car..My flight is at 10:30 am on the 8th, if someone has a early flight and wants to ride along to the airport, let me know.

I have not seen a answer to the question about water temp, from what I have seen, it should be 80-85 deg, right?

I would take a light for sure. It will make it easier to see things on the wrecks.

Temps should be in the high 70s. Can reach into the 80s at that time of year.

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks Punkie...you answered that like a pro! :respect:

Water temps can range from 78 to 84...it depends on how cold the winter was and how fast the gulf stream comes up the coast.

Kevin did you rent the car for the week or just a one way drop?

Also you will need to plan 4 hours of driving and a minimum of 1 hour at the airport and 30 mins to return the car so at least 5.5 hours before your flight. (That is why we have such a late departure time as people aren't always up for leaving at 5am.) :(/>

formerly...

#101 twolfe61

twolfe61

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

I rented the car for all 5 days.
My flight out is at 10:50 AM on the 8th, leaving later in the afternoon gets me in too late at home, so I will have to get up and leave early..

I always bring a smaller light, but if there are no night dives, I can leave my big light at home and save the extra weight.

I dont wear a wet suit when diving Cozumel, Cayman or Bonaire, so as long as it is not too much cooler than that, I will be fine, I guess if it is too cold, I will need to rent a wet suit there.

Thanks Punkie...you answered that like a pro! :respect:/>

Water temps can range from 78 to 84...it depends on how cold the winter was and how fast the gulf stream comes up the coast.

Kevin did you rent the car for the week or just a one way drop?

Also you will need to plan 4 hours of driving and a minimum of 1 hour at the airport and 30 mins to return the car so at least 5.5 hours before your flight. (That is why we have such a late departure time as people aren't always up for leaving at 5am.) :(/>/>

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Kevin...

1. Lights are only to see inside wrecks or for taking pictures so leave the big one at home.
2. Thank you for the heads up on the rental car. (Please talk to me about directions and how to make sure your GPS does not route you the scenic route....yes it happens.) If you arrive near the time the group will depart we can all just carpool.
3. It is better to have it and not need it then need it an not have it. The local dive shops are predominately catering to DRIVE IN DIVERS who can bring LOTS OF EXTRA STUFF with them "just in case". Therefore fly in divers are penalized. If the local dive shop we use does not have a suit that will fit you it will be a long drive to another one at challenging hours to try things one etc. The only upside is you have a car so that will give you a bit more flexibility. I would bring AT LEAST A 3mil being a Texan... as we get closer we'll monitor the temps and see how fast things are warming up.

I hope this helps... kamala

formerly...

#103 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

I will need 10 kilos of lead. or an 8" cinderblock....would really appreciate the lead, however. 22 lbs of lead. Seems like a lot.
Scot

#104 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I will need 10 kilos of lead. or an 8" cinderblock....would really appreciate the lead, however. 22 lbs of lead. Seems like a lot.
Scot

Most of the tanks are steel so you'll need 4# less if we have steel. No worries...we'll make the calculation for you once we know what everyone ends up with tank wise!

:thankyou:

formerly...

#105 twolfe61

twolfe61

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Kamela,
Thanks for the advice, I will se about getting a 3 mm shorty at least to bring just in case..I bet I have not needed a wet suit in at least 10 years..my 1/4 inch wet suit does not fit any more..
I arrive at 1:20, so by the time I get my luggage, and get the rental car, I will wait for the group and follow along..I hope you will be stopping for lunch,lol..I know I will be ready for it..

Just in case, it looks like I would either take 40 to 70 all the way there, or 40 to 24, I have read that both work, but that 24 is a nicer drive,

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin...

1. Lights are only to see inside wrecks or for taking pictures so leave the big one at home.
2. Thank you for the heads up on the rental car. (Please talk to me about directions and how to make sure your GPS does not route you the scenic route....yes it happens.) If you arrive near the time the group will depart we can all just carpool.
3. It is better to have it and not need it then need it an not have it. The local dive shops are predominately catering to DRIVE IN DIVERS who can bring LOTS OF EXTRA STUFF with them "just in case". Therefore fly in divers are penalized. If the local dive shop we use does not have a suit that will fit you it will be a long drive to another one at challenging hours to try things one etc. The only upside is you have a car so that will give you a bit more flexibility. I would bring AT LEAST A 3mil being a Texan... as we get closer we'll monitor the temps and see how fast things are warming up.

I hope this helps... kamala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users