• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-07: .July 3-8,2013 Dive with SHARKS & WRECKS in NC's Graveyard of the Atlantic

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#121 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Kamala,

Would love to do this trip and I got a tentative ok on the time off already, so if I can get a carpool going down then I should be in!

Suwheet! We are going to do a blast of the BTS peeps to see if we can find more people to do this trip AND carpool with you! Posted Image

#122 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Don't forget to go to our facebook PAGE and post in the event that you are looking for a carpool buddy to make this trip happen!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#123 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Just giving this topic a nudge to encourage anyone sitting on the fence to lean on over and topple into the boat with us. :rolleyes: As a veteran of this trip I can assure those who have yet to experience it that:

- The surface and water conditions and temperatures are surprisingly moderate for that latitude in July, I would compare it to South Florida in late April or May. Most folks are happy in a 5mm and I prefer a 3mm or 5mm shortie

- The photos in the announcement post are not rare "Pic of the Trip" shots, the size and number of sandbar sharks in the photos was consistent on every wreck dive I made (and one particular limestone reef is a lobster magnet, which is where that monster Kamala is holding in the group photo was found!).

- There is no lack of Southern hospitality from the DO to the local restaurants and shops to our own Kamala ensuring any on the fly needs or requests are addressed promptly and with her usual dazzling smile. :angel2:

Who knew there would be such a great Summer dive destination so convenient to the hustle and bustle of the DC-NY corridor?? Well, now YOU know so check out the details at the top of this thread! :cool2: We hope you will be convinced to hop aboard while there is still time! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#124 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Brad!

AND we usually only run this trip every 2-3 years. But if we don't fill it out...it will be the last one. :tears:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#125 liveandletdive

liveandletdive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/EA
  • Logged Dives:132

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi all (y'all, to the southerners) - I was able to change my flight to arrive at 1:25pm so now I won't be holding up the caravan and can check my bag and get full sized sunscreen through security. Yay! I am so excited for this trip.

Thank you Kamala and Brad for being so super helpful.

jesterdiver - I'm in NYC but I already got my flight booked - it was $140 out of LGA but I think the prices have gone up since I booked unfortunately. Anyway, I'm useless in a carpool situation.

Edited by liveandletdive, 24 May 2013 - 08:43 AM.

aka Princess Assassin
"Computer, Air, Death" - the proper hunting of lionfish, 2013
"When you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

#126 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi all (y'all, to the southerners) - I was able to change my flight to arrive at 1:25pm - the new flight # is Delta 6239. so now I won't be holding up the caravan and can check my bag and get full sized sunscreen through security. Yay! I am so excited for this trip.
*Snipping for topic focus*

First of all :thankyou: for the flight information update as well as your kind compliments; it's all part of the SingleDivers.com service! :angel2:

Second, I am pasting part of your PM post so Kamala and the TC might more promptly see your BC request and size information. :cool2: Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the fly ins when we board the Atlantic Beach Express! :diver:

Private Message Posted 24 May 10:14 AM
*ala ka SNIP*
...that is so awesome, thank you so much. I'm a 6/8 and usually wear a women's Medium. If that can be arranged, that would be super.
*Snipalicious*

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#127 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi,

Thanks so much for the thought. The reason for looking to carpool was because Kamala has monopolized all my vacation time through 2014 LOL, so I was trying to avoid the extra day of pre-flight off gassing and get back up home sooner. And I just didn't feel like doing a 10 hour car ride alone. I'm really jealous of all of you that are going. Have a great trip, and take pictures!! We'll carpool the next one! :cool1:/>

Hi all (y'all, to the southerners) - I was able to change my flight to arrive at 1:25pm so now I won't be holding up the caravan and can check my bag and get full sized sunscreen through security. Yay! I am so excited for this trip.

jesterdiver - I'm in NYC but I already got my flight booked - it was $140 out of LGA but I think the prices have gone up since I booked unfortunately. Anyway, I'm useless in a carpool situation.

#128 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Jose don't give up yet. We are going to do a blast to all our BTS, NY and Eastern seaboard members! We HAVE to fill this trip and you may end up with several carpooling options.

formerly...

#129 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hey Kamala...how are you? I just got an e-mail from SD and wanted to say hello. I'm in AFG right now, but will be home later next month. So how have you been...it's been a while since we chatted last. Hope all is well and I'm glad to see SD is still around.

Cheers,
Vinny

#130 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hey Vinny....I am so glad to hear from you! :teeth: Even better to hear you'll be home soon. Any chance you can join us for this amazing trip? I think that's where it all started with you! :pray:

God speed for a safe return and :pray: you can join us! Kamala

formerly...

#131 tia126

tia126

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:120+

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi all - not sure what I should do about tanks/weights. I've only dived aluminum 80's, which don't seem to be an option here! What kind of tanks are left, and how should I weight appropriately? Or, alternatively, should I rent an aluminum 80 from my LDS?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Michele

#132 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

We have alum 80's if you want them. I have to do a tank count to see if we still have any steel 100's left. And we may have 2 alum 100's left. What did you want to use?

formerly...

#133 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

Yep, the 4th of July trip was my first trip with you guys and Bobby. How is Bobby doing? It was a great time, as were all the other trips. I'll be diving the weekend before out of the Outer Banks on the U-701 and U-85, but will see if I can make it down to Morehead. when do you guys arrive?

I'm not too sure about work, but I expect they would like to see me after my 6-month trip to AFG so I'll have to play it by ear.

I still want to dive Lake Jocassee to see the little town and jump in the cooper so I should make my way down to SC in the near future.

Edited by VADiver, 31 May 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#134 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sounds like a plan Vinny! We arrive the 3rd and dive 4, 5, 6, 7 and depart the 8th. It would be super cool if you could join us! kamala

formerly...

#135 reefdweller

reefdweller

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Jeffrey aka reefdweller
Payments Summary To Date: We will post your payments as we receive them
NC FlyIn Pkg 5/4 or DriveIn Pkg 4/4 (TELL US WHICH PKG):FlyIn
D/O or S/O:
CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip) D/O
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay - NONE

Nitrox Fills: yes or no NO
Nitrox Rentals: yes or no YES
Air Fills: yes or no NO
Air Rentals: yes or no NO
Documents: SD Waiver: ___ SD Survey___ - SD Ins Summary ___ List when Rec'd & Faxed to SD.com
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy #
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C:

b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip

Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here (Must arrive by 3pm on 3rd and depart 5pm or later on 8th)
Depart Baltimore, MD (BWI) on
Southwest Airlines at 10:10 AM Arrive in Raleigh, NC (RDU) at 11:15 AM #1788
Wed Jul 3 Depart Raleigh, NC (RDU) on Southwest Airlines at 7:20 PM Arrive in
Baltimore, MD (BWI) at 8:20 PM #225 Mon Jul 8

Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy"

need all gear less fins, and mask

RAB for the trip, per Kamala's recommendation

Available Discounts (PLEASE DELETE THOSE THAT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR):

c. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.

e. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an
additional $25 off.
  • WreckWench likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users