• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-05/06: Dominica Redeux 2013 May 25-Jun1 or Jun1-Jun8...One or Both!

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#151 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

If you need someone to wear another Cochran computer, I am happy to do it..... along with my own Wisdom II..... :)
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#152 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

You all have safe travels and have a wonderful trip!!

:wakawaka: :wakawaka:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#153 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

You all have safe travels and have a wonderful trip!!

:wakawaka:/> :wakawaka:/>

Thanks Sissy. Wish you were with us!

#154 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

There are half of us in the Food Court, and the other half in the bar, if anyone is looking for us.

#155 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

UPDATE:

We all made it...they even held the plane for 3 of us. (I was one of the lucky three!!)

3 bags did not make it but that's pretty good ...unless you are the one who was missing a bag of course but statisically it was not bad. (And I was one of the 3 who did not get a bag.)

The diving MORE THAN MADE UP FOR IT!!! It was spectacular. We had lots of critters on the first dive including several moray eels, turtle, tons of small things that Brad kept finding and then a frogfish that kept opening its mouth and moving around! :coo1l: (Yes pics coming soon!)

Then the 2nd dive had 4 frogfish on it...4!!! I got LOTS of pics of them including a sargasm baby frogfish I've never seen before. So that makes 6 frogfish as there were two of them!!! I can't wait to see the pics and vidoe of them!!! :teeth:/>/>

Its a bit rainy this afternoon and most of the peeps are on the whale tour or shopping but I hope to upload some pics by tomorrow!

Having a blast so far!!! :wakawaka:/>/>

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#156 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Sounds fantastic!!! I'm glad it's going well. As long as you can dive, the bags can wait!! Standing by for PICS!!!

#157 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

UPDATE:
We all made it...they even held the plane for 3 of us. (I was one of the lucky three!!)

3 bags did not make it but that's pretty good ...unless you are the one who was missing a bag of course but statisically it was not bad. (And I was one of the 3 who did not get a bag.)
The diving MORE THAN MADE UP FOR IT!!! It was spectacular. We had lots of critters on the first dive including several moray eels, turtle, tons of small things that Brad kept finding and then a frogfish that kept opening its mouth and moving around! :coo1l: (Yes pics coming soon!)
Then the 2nd dive had 4 frogfish on it...4!!! I got LOTS of pics of them including a sargasm baby frogfish I've never seen before. So that makes 6 frogfish as there were two of them!!! I can't wait to see the pics and vidoe of them!!! :teeth:style="font-size: 9pt;">/>/>
Its a bit rainy this afternoon and most of the peeps are on the whale tour or shopping but I hope to upload some pics by tomorrow!
Having a blast so far!!! :wakawaka:style="font-size: 9pt;">/>/>

Kamala,

You know I can DEFINITELY sympathize with you on the bag issue. Don't want to relive it but hopefully your issue (and the other two) is resolved quickly! Good luck!

-Mike

Edited by ScubaTurtle, 26 May 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#158 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Its part of traveling. If you carry a swimsuit and a set of clothes in your carry on then you are fine! It goes with the territory. Plus with trip insurance any out of pocket costs are covered! And if I have to buy new things that is covered too!

Did I mention the water is 82 and 83 degrees???? NICE!!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#159 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Its part of traveling. If you carry a swimsuit and a set of clothes in your carry on then you are fine! It goes with the territory. Plus with trip insurance any out of pocket costs are covered! And if I have to buy new things that is covered too!
Did I mention the water is 82 and 83 degrees???? NICE!!!! :teeth:style="font-size: 9pt;">

Very nice!!! Definitely always have extra clothing in the carry on.

#160 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

4 Seahorses today.... but who's counting! ;)

formerly...

#161 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

FINAL LAST MINUTE DETAILS FOR GROUP TWO:

1. Water is 82-83 degrees.

2. BVI Charter Flight: You will need to hustle as it takes 2 hrs to get thru the process of catching this flight since it is not interlined with the major airlines. You get your bags and clear customs just as if your final destination was St Maarten. As you exit the baggage area you'll still be in the airport. To the right is the departure area and to the left is the airline check in counters. BVI does not have a permanent check in counter but its name will be on one of the monitors towards the end of the line. So go past USAir and Liat and you'll find them towards the end. They should be open for check in around 4pm and you should be there ready to check in as close to 4 as you can. When you check in they will weigh your bags and then send you to a small check in window to pay the excess baggage fees. (If you have any carry on...small or large they will also weigh it. If its over the limit they will chg you for that as well. They are a bit generous on the first check in but for sure will chg for the 2nd one if you have a 2nd one. TRY TO CONSOLIDATE INTO ONE IF YOU CAN OR WEAR ANYTHING YOU CAN TO OFFSET HAVING TO CARRY IT.)

After you pay the excess baggage fee and get the yellow tags for your check in bags (don't forget to get them or they won't let you get on the plane with your hand carry stuff) then you go to the DEPARTURE TAX WINDOW by the Burger King in the food court. It is $35 to leave or $10 if you are passing thru. So pay the $10 not the $35. You will have to show your flight ticket on BVI to qualify for the $10. Then you will need to enter the secured area, have your passport stamped that you are LEAVING St Maarteen and clear TSA again and head for your gate.

Now that I've done this I realize you need 1.45 to 2 hrs to fully clear this process without hoping the plane will wait for you. Typically they will not. We got lucky and they waited for 3 of us but don't bank on it.

If you do not have this much time in the airport please let me know so I can try to warn them. :thankyou:/>/>

3. School Supplies: We ARE doing the school supplies and/or a donation to the orphanage if you don't have the room.

4. DUTY FREE ALCOHOL: You MUST pack it in your checked bags or you will lose it at TSA. Several of us lost our booze we got in St Maarteen. PACK IT OR LOSE IT!!!

5. Taxi to Hotel: It will be a 1.5 hr trip and if its late at night you'll need to get on the road as quickly as possible. TIPS: Go to the bathroom which are located right outside the customs and baggage area. There is a small restaurant where you can get some water or a beer. GET ONE THERE before you leave if they are still open. Do this quickly so you can get on the road. IF YOUR BAG(S) DO NOT MAKE IT... you need to walk down to the ticket counters and/or talk to the baggage handling guys and describe your luggage, and they will start looking for it. THESE PLANES ARE VERY SMALL SO IF YOU ARE OVER ALLOWANCE YOUR BAGS MAY NOT MAKE IT. Even if you are within allowance they still may not make it until the next day or even 2 days later since BVI only flies every 2 days. TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR BAG WITH THE TAG BEFORE IT GOES DOWN THE LUGGAGE conveyor. This will help when you need to make a claim later. When you get to the hotel you can show the picture to the gals and that will help them to start looking for your bags as well. Truthfully they are better at getting them back as they keep calling for you and checking with BVI or LIAT in Dom as well as St Maarteen or SJU.

6. Even though May is the driest month of the year...weather changes are happening and we've had rain. So bring a rainjacket or poncho to keep dry. IT WILL REALLY COME IN HANDY!!!

formerly...

#162 spiirriit

spiirriit

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

24. Jim aka Spiirriit
Payments Summary To Date: $1250
Wk 2 (Jun1-8)
D/O Garden View $1250 Pd
Nitrox $133: YES
Whale Tour $59: No

Documents: All Documents Received: Thank you
Dive Insurance Current DAN #2409672
Trip Insurance: A. I have trip insurance for this trip already
DISCOUNTS:
f, h
NOTE: revised DOM arrival time: 9:00PM, 1 Jun on LIAT flt. 509.

#163 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

24. Jim aka Spiirriit
Payments Summary To Date: $1250
Wk 2 (Jun1-8)
D/O Garden View $1250 Pd
Nitrox $133: YES
Whale Tour $59: No

Documents: All Documents Received: Thank you
Dive Insurance Current DAN #2409672
Trip Insurance: A. I have trip insurance for this trip already
DISCOUNTS:
f, h
NOTE: revised DOM arrival time: 9:00PM, 1 Jun on LIAT flt. 509.

Hello Jim aka spiirriit, I took the liberty of editing your post to highlight your flight change information. If there is any other changes which I may have overlooked please reply to this post ASAP. :diver: Happy DOM diving Dude! :cool1:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#164 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm just checking in! How is Angi doing?? If I remember correctly this is her first dive adventure! What a way to start!! :cool1:

#165 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hey girl...she is doing great and having a great time! Yep! What a way to start! :teeth:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users