• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-04: April 20-21st Tacoma & PNW Dive Show!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

This will be our 5th year doing this show. We are VERY lean on helpers so if you could help us work the booth or the show...we'd be incredibly appreciative. Not only will it be fun...but it's educational and the Tacoma Show is one of the best run shows in the country! Come and see for yourself! -ww

The Northwest Dive & Travel Expo 2013 will take place this year at the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center on Sat, April 20 & Sun, Apr 21, 2013 and this year the expo is offering visitors more information, more dive industry connections and more fun!

This year’s event will host 50+ free seminars on everything from underwater photography to first aid with DAN. Visitors will be able to meet guest speakers from all over the country as they present the hottest topics in scuba. Guests will get a chance to update their diving skills, discover great new innovations and be inspired by divers who will share their experiences.

There will also be 300+ exciting exhibit booths to explore. Vendors from all over the world will be available to answer questions as well as introduce divers to the latest in scuba diving. Visitors will see brand new diving businesses alongside industry standards like Oceanic and White’s. There will also be booths manned by industry organizations such as PADI and NAUI. Here is a chance for industry-wide organizations to meet and reconnect with their membership and share their plans for the upcoming year.

This year’s expo will also offer the Travel Enthusiast a chance to meet those who offer resort services all over the world. Come put faces with the names of the resorts throughout the dive vacation industry and let them tell you what they have to offer first hand.

This year there will be a new and improved kid’s section offering 3-9 year-olds a chance to have some interactive fun. Bring the kids and we’ll keep them busy teaching them a bit about the oceans and conservation.

Don't miss your chance to win in the amazing Treasure Hunt, celebrating its 10th year! And stay tuned as we announce our new prize system!

You could win one of many amazing prizes at this year's Expo just by walking through the door. A simple door prize form could win you anything from a full set of gear, to a dive trip, and more!

Compete for destination trips by participating in the Photo & Video Competition!

Be inspired and amazed when you spend the Saturday Night Film Festival with diving legends like Nancy McGee or Ernie Brooks.

THOSE AVAILABLE TO HELP & WHEN:

1. Sylvia aka cat fish (both days doing show help so we can have a cheaper booth and afford to be at the show)
2. Heather aka Seaseer (both days doing booth support telling peeps about SingleDivers.com!)
3. Kathy aka luv 2 div (volunteering with others but wants to help when able)
4. Andrea aka Duckfeet (Sat or Sun)
5. Janelle aka littlemermaid (volunteering Fri-Sun for PNW; can help us too at the booth Sat and perhaps Fri nite)
6. Tami aka smallrun (volunteering Sat-Sun for PNW; can help us too at the booth)
7. Mike aka Bahim
8. Mike aka godeeper (Fri pm thru Sun)
9. Susi aka 62&newdiver
10. Tricia aka diveps

THOSE JOINING US AT OUR HAPPY HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT:

1. Sylvia aka cat fish
2. Heather aka Seaseer
3. Kathy aka luv 2 div (Tentative)
4. Andrea aka Duckfeet (Tentative)
5. Janelle aka littlemermaid
6. Tami aka smallrun
7. Mike aka Bahim
8. Mike aka godeeper
9. Susi aka 62&newdiver
10. Tricia aka diveps

Random musings about possible HH locations:

Per Mike aka Bahim: Recommend CI Shenanigans for food and fun

Per Susi aka 62&newdiver: Some Tacoma restaurants that have space for groups...
1) Indochine, 253-272-8200, indochinedowntown.com
2) Varsity Grill, 1114 Broadway, 253-627-1229, varsitygrill.com
3) Masa, 6th Avenue, masatacoma.com, 253-254-0560 -- (2.3 miles)
4) e9, 6th Avenue, ehouse9.com, 253-272-3435 (2.5 mi)

Per Janelle aka littlemermaid:
The Swiss or Indochine - both walking distance. The Swiss has an upstairs area we can reserve and it holds 15 people or so. Engine House 9 (2.5 mi), for example? I have reserved the upper loft at the Swiss for now, since that's walking distance. I think both have similar food.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 luv 2 div

luv 2 div

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:dive master
  • Logged Dives:360+

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I will be at the expo all 3 days, all day volunteering but can help out at the booth anytime on those days
Also Tami S., smallrun will be there Sat and Sun volunteering also and I am sure she would help out too.
I can bring my computer to show slides from my Roatan trip!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I will be at the expo all 3 days, all day volunteering but can help out at the booth anytime on those days
Also Tami Stein, small run will be there Sat and Sun volunteering also and I am sure she would help out too.
I can bring my computer to show slides from my Roatan trip!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hey girl that would be great! Are you listing us as your dive group who gets the credit for your hours at the show? I think you did last year and it REALLY helped us! :pray:

And we'd love to have you help in the booth as well as Small Run! (We would love her hours too to help show Rick we have 'earned' the discount he gives us on our booth!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Wish I'd would've known sooner. I may still be able to do it. When are you going in and what are hotel arrangements? And can I get a ride from Seattle airport to Expo?
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Andrea aka Duckfeet said, via email:
>
> I can help for a part on either Sat or Sun. Let me know- Andrea
>

Thanks Andrea aka Duckfeet (cute name!) :blush: :respect: for volunteering! I will add you to the list!
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey Brad lets make sure we have current contact info for Andrea!

And :thankyou: Andrea aka DuckFeet! :wakawaka: We really appreciate the help!

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Wish I'd would've known sooner. I may still be able to do it. When are you going in and what are hotel arrangements? And can I get a ride from Seattle airport to Expo?

Yes we got behind the power curve on this one... normally Sylvia and I stay in the hotel at the convention center but I'll be running the Bonaire trip so Sylvia is going to manage this trip solo! She will get a lot of help from Heather who just scored major points in NJ helping us do a great job with our booth there. Heather lives in Kent and can most likely help with an airport run to get you and get you back. Sylvia will do a RedEye out on Sunday to get home in time when the show is over. She also usually manages to get a volunteer or two to also do an airport run for a SingleDivers.com VIP so I'm pretty sure we can handle the airport part.

If you think you can do it we'll get serious on the hotel. :thankyou:

formerly...

#8 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Is SD going to be at the Santa Clara show in May?
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#9 littlemermaid

littlemermaid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:65+

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

I can help on Saturday and possibly some on Friday evening as well.
I just don't have a blue wig :-(

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Is SD going to be at the Santa Clara show in May?

Not this year. We will be looking at it for next year...after we get all the big trips locked in!

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

I can help on Saturday and possibly some on Friday evening as well.
I just don't have a blue wig :-(

We'll for sure need you Saturday! I'll let the TSQ's (TradeShow Qweens) let you know if they need you Friday night. Usually Friday is vendor check in and then the vendor party on Friday and SD booth set up which I do late after checking in vendors all day. We may need help setting up the booth Friday so the answer for Friday could be *yes*.

I'll have some blue wigs in the tradeshow bag and purple if you want to wear one! But they are not required! ;)

formerly...

#12 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hello Everyone..... Looking forward to meeting some new friends/dive buddies! THANK YOUPosted Imageso much in advance for helping out! It is so especially important this year as we will be without out fearless leader, Kamala!

I'm esp looking forward to seeing Heather aka seaseer, who was a major force at BTS in New Jersey, and a lot of fun too. As far as I'm concerned, the best part of these trade shows is meeting other divers from SingleDivers.com!! Posted Image

Kathy aka luv 2 dive.... YES, please do bring your Roatan slides. I have never been there Posted Image, so I'll have to live vicariously thorough you!!

Sqbagal ... Please send me a PM and let me know your arrival at SeaTac airport. I have a car, and I'll gladly be your chauffeur if my schedule permits. And, as Kamala said, Heather is local. So between us, we should be able to pull it off. Also, I have a hotel room and am looking for a roomie. So let's chat about that too!

littlemermaid, Duckfeet (yes... very cool name!), and Small Run too.... I'll be emailing you soon with cell phone numbers and such right! Later, gators.....

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Another volunteer checks in via email:

Mike aka Bahim wrote at 11:15PM EDT 05 April 2013;

Yes I can help
Yes I live in Tacoma
In Alaska this week returning on April 12th.

Recommend CI Shenanigans for food and fun

From Mike's phone

In my reply I asked Mike to post in this thread as soon as it was convenient which may not be until he returns to the lower 48. :respect:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#14 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hello Mike, and welcome aboard!! And... thanks in advance!! Posted Image

#15 godeeper

godeeper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

1365254474[/url]' post='307939']
Another volunteer checks in via email:

Mike aka Bahim wrote at 11:15PM EDT 05 April 2013;

Yes I can help
Yes I live in Tacoma
In Alaska this week returning on April 12th.

Recommend CI Shenanigans for food and fun

From Mike's phone

In my reply I asked Mike to post in this thread as soon as it was convenient which may not be until he returns to the lower 48. Posted Image

Hi FolksYes I can help Fri afternoon thru SunLooking forward to it !Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users