• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY!!! 2014-05/06: DOMINICA!!! SAVE THE DATES!! May 24-31 AND May 31-Jun 7, 2014

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#31 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ughh, I'm probably looking at the first week so I can take advantage of the paid holiday weekend and use up one less vacation day. With all these trips, every single hour of vacation time is precious lol!

#32 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

I would be a first week person as well, as work schedules make that a better week for me.

#33 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

TC or Kamala,

Add me to the notify list for this trip. I however would have to plan for a November time frame trip if that occurs. (Hopefully the diving is still good at that time of the year.)

I won't be able to do a May or June trip that soon after taking the two+ weeks for Truk and Palau in February. (That's not a bad thing!)

I might be able to swing the Dominica trip in November. It's a long way out but seems potentially doable and sounds like it was a great trip. Might want to do a 9 or 10 day vacation if that's possible.

Edited by ScubaTurtle, 21 June 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#34 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

First week for me. And, I'll see about a few of my other scuba peeps to join us!!
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#35 beetle bailey

beetle bailey

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

ok, so I would like to be added to the "interested and notify" list for the 1st week, but have a question? Trying to look at and figure out flights...if you use the SD flight from SXM to DOM, about what time would that flight be and is it on the 24th, ie, do you need to fly to SXM on the day before? That would make Friday the 23rd be a travel day? Hope I am making sense.

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Ok I think I have this organized by people's requests in the first post. If I missed you please let me know.

I have also answered Beetle Bailey's question about air in the first post and reposted here for ease. So yes Beetle Bailey you can usually get there in one day but if you need to take two let us know as others will probably need to as well. We have several very affordable hotels there and we can help you book them as well as help find roomies.

** Flight Info: If you use our charter flight via BVI Airways it will leave SXM around 5pm reaching Dominica about 6pm on Sat the 24th or Sat the 31st. The return will be around 11:30am leaving Dominica and arriving SXM around 12:30pm on Sat the 31st or the 7th. NOTE: Please give yourself 2 hrs and no less than 1hr45min to arrive in San Marteen or to depart from SXM, to clear customs, collect your bags, go to the BVI ticket counter, pay your departure tax of $10 if transiting thru, clear customs again, go thru TSA and then reach the boarding gate.

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#37 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

** Flight Info: If you use our charter flight via BVI Airways it will leave SXM around 5pm reaching Dominica about 6pm on Sat the 24th or Sat the 31st. The return will be around 11:30am leaving Dominica and arriving SXM around 12:30pm on Sat the 31st or the 7th. NOTE: Please give yourself 2 hrs and no less than 1hr45min to arrive in San Marteen or to depart from SXM, to clear customs, collect your bags, go to the BVI ticket counter, pay your departure tax of $10 if transiting thru, clear customs again, go thru TSA and then reach the boarding gate.

So if I am reading this correctly, that if you want to fly in one day, book a flight that gets into St. Maarten(SXM) no later than 3pm, and a departure flight no earlier than 2:30pm?

Is San Juan still an option? or should we plan on St. Maarten?

#38 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Put me down for the second week!! AND/OR November - I AM IN!
Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

#39 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hey, WW? I'm interested to see how complicated it's going to be to get there from Phoenix. WHENEVER YOU HAVE TIME, could you please look into it for me? San Juan may make the most sense. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid the Ft. Lauderdale shuffle, at all costs (almost)! Posted Image Again, no rush, whatsoever.

Posted Image, K!

#40 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Piece of CAKE from Phoenix ----- PHX - CLT - SXM - DOM

Hey, WW? I'm interested to see how complicated it's going to be to get there from Phoenix. WHENEVER YOU HAVE TIME, could you please look into it for me? San Juan may make the most sense. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid the Ft. Lauderdale shuffle, at all costs (almost)! Posted Image Again, no rush, whatsoever.

Posted Image, K!

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#41 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Piece of CAKE from Phoenix ----- PHX - CLT - SXM - DOM

Posted Image, K!

Well, OK, then!!! Posted Image, Traci!

#42 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Also, BTW, I will be a +1 on this trip, as my elder son will be accompanying me as a graduation gift. He turns 18 in November. K, how would you like me to handle booking him, for now, please, until he is of age?

Posted Image

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Tim when the trip opens for booking you can book him. If he is a diver he needs his own registration on the site. If the is a non-diver he can be your +1. So have him think of a fun screen name and when the trip opens register him and book him. You can pay for 2 divers when you pay so that part will be easy...just tell our accountant who you are paying for and what. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

So if I am reading this correctly, that if you want to fly in one day, book a flight that gets into St. Maarten(SXM) no later than 3pm, and a departure flight no earlier than 2:30pm?

Is San Juan still an option? or should we plan on St. Maarten?

Correct! ASSUMING the flight times remain the same as they are NOW then yes arrive no later than 3pm-ish and depart no earlier than 2:30pm ish.

You can fly into SJU and use LIAT or you can fly via SXM and use BVI. And we may have another option by next year as well. The only real advantage to BVI is I will have a group contract with them which gives us some clout. However baggage limitations are strict with both carriers. So you should make sure that you carry some essential stuff with you in your carry on just to be safe. Most delays are 24-36 hrs. However on the return trip they weighed all the passengers and then they figured out how many bags they could take. About 8 bags out of 20 people did not make it the same day. They however sent them on the next flight which was 2 days later and routed them at no chg to our home airports. They then either had you pick them up or they delivered them to you.

This is no different than LIAT. The only difference is as a group we can have people agree to have their bags delayed vs the airline randomly choosing bags.

formerly...

#45 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Tim when the trip opens for booking you can book him. If he is a diver he needs his own registration on the site. If the is a non-diver he can be your +1. So have him think of a fun screen name and when the trip opens register him and book him. You can pay for 2 divers when you pay so that part will be easy...just tell our accountant who you are paying for and what. Posted Image

Roger that. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users