• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hi from another new member but not new diver

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200-300+

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi Kate!! Posted Image to the site and you've done some splashing about already. As everyone has said there are a boat load of great trips to pick from and many friends to meet and oceans to dive in. the reason you can't PM someone is you are listed as a Member. to use the Message system you need to upgrade to a Premier member for $35 a year. But you get $25 back everytime you take a trip. This keeps the trolls from messaging everyone and mucking up the works. I hope to see on a trip soon and If not I'll meet you in NJ at BTS. come on in the pool's open and the water's fine!!

Ahaaaa! Gotcha, Jerrymxz--thanks for the info! I am seriously eyeing the Bonaire and Best of Mexico trips, so I may as well upgrade my membership now so I can make full use of the site! Look forward to meeting you at BTS and/or on a trip!Posted Image

#17 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hi Kate!! Posted Image to the site and you've done some splashing about already. As everyone has said there are a boat load of great trips to pick from and many friends to meet and oceans to dive in. the reason you can't PM someone is you are listed as a Member. to use the Message system you need to upgrade to a Premier member for $35 a year. But you get $25 back everytime you take a trip. This keeps the trolls from messaging everyone and mucking up the works. I hope to see on a trip soon and If not I'll meet you in NJ at BTS. come on in the pool's open and the water's fine!!

Ahaaaa! Gotcha, Jerrymxz--thanks for the info! I am seriously eyeing the Bonaire and Best of Mexico trips, so I may as well upgrade my membership now so I can make full use of the site! Look forward to meeting you at BTS and/or on a trip!Posted Image

Bonaire was my first trip and I've done the Best of Mexico trip. Both are Awesome. Stay an extra day in Mexico and tour chicken pizza! you will not be sorry!!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#18 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Bonaire was my first trip and I've done the Best of Mexico trip. Both are Awesome. Stay an extra day in Mexico and tour chicken pizza! you will not be sorry!!

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd do Mexico, since I haven't been there & I'm dying to try cenote diving. But I'd rather do both! :) Gotta figure out if I can set aside time for both trips. What the heck is chicken pizza??

#19 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hey there Kate,

Welcome to singledivers! I'm also a north jersey diver and like Suzi, I've been a member for just over a year and I've been on four trips already, how's that for a ringing endorsement!? After my first trip with Kamala I was completely hooked!The locations are wonderful, the people are fun, and Kamala runs a great trip. I am forever spoiled having her on a dive trip, making sure every detail of the trip is covered and that the experience is as perfect as possible.

Feel free if you have any questions! Oh and to message a member, just look under the persons picture you want to message, you'll see an envelope icon. Just click on it and that's how you send a message. Have fun exploring through the site and hopefully we'll meet on a future trip or BTS!

Howdy, Jesterdiver! Thanks for the tip re sending a message--I am not seeing an envelope icon, so maybe I need to change a setting on my account. I'll check into that. We should all have a north NJ get-together and swap stories!

I see you recently dove Saba -- how did you like it? I visited there about 3 years ago and loved both the diving and the island. My most recent dive trip was to Montserrat, which was pretty barren of tourism (mostly thanks to the catastrophic volcano eruption they had about 15 years ago) but also had some fabulous dives.

Yes Kate, as other folks have already mentioned the Private Message (PM) feature is for paid subscribers Premier and above. It also permits viewing of other SingleDivers.com profiles and most important makes you eligible to join any of Kamala's fantastic trips. :diver: Here is a handy link to a topic which covers the process for member upgrade subscriptions. :dancing:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#20 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Thanks, Brad! It looks like since I already did the member registration at the free level yesterday, I don't have the option to upgrade the membership online (or at least I'm not seeing any other options when I click on the membership tab). I sent Kamala an email to see how I can do it manually if needed.

#21 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd do Mexico, since I haven't been there & I'm dying to try cenote diving. But I'd rather do both! :)/>/> Gotta figure out if I can set aside time for both trips. What the heck is chicken pizza??

chitzen itza is a huge archaeological site covering square miles of jungle but the main area is open to tours and is as fascinating as all get out. Huge pyramids and palaces plus the “ball court” the temple and an observatory. I guess the chicken pizza anachronism is a SD inside joke. The day we went on the tour we visited a resort local to the ruins that has an incredible cenote that you pay a couple Paso’s to swim in.

Edited by Jerrymxz, 29 January 2014 - 07:04 PM.

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks, Brad! It looks like since I already did the member registration at the free level yesterday, I don't have the option to upgrade the membership online (or at least I'm not seeing any other options when I click on the membership tab). I sent Kamala an email to see how I can do it manually if needed.

Hi Kate, I have isolated and deactivated the offending transaction which is causing your upgrade process to take an unexpected detour. :bam: Please check your personal email for background and when you are ready, try the upgrade process again. :thankyou:
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#23 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd do Mexico, since I haven't been there & I'm dying to try cenote diving. But I'd rather do both! Posted Image/>/> Gotta figure out if I can set aside time for both trips. What the heck is chicken pizza??

chitzen itza is a huge archaeological site covering square miles of jungle but the main area is open to tours and is as fascinating as all get out. Huge pyramids and palaces plus the "ball court" the temple and an observatory. I guess the chicken pizza anachronism is a SD inside joke. The day we went on the tour we visited a resort local to the ruins that has an incredible cenote that you pay a couple Paso's to swim in.

Sounds similar to some of the Mayan ruins I visited in Belize and Guatemala - fascinating stuff! I will definitely make time before/after the dive trip.

#24 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hi Kate, I have isolated and deactivated the offending transaction which is causing your upgrade process to take an unexpected detour. Posted Image Please check your personal email for background and when you are ready, try the upgrade process again. Posted Image

Thanks so much, Brad! Your technical wizardry did the trick -- I am now officially upgraded. :)

#25 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hey Kate,

Yeah I think it may be time to get a NJ SD Happy Hour going before BTS and talk about these great dive trips you've been on. Did Saba and St Kitts over New Year's with Kamala and it was great! The pinnacles at Saba were pretty amazing. I see you're already checking out the trips. I did Bonaire last year and it was great. Best of Mexico is one I've had my eye on, but won't fit in the schedule with the other trips I want to do in 2014. Too many great trips!

Hey there Kate,

Welcome to singledivers! I'm also a north jersey diver and like Suzi, I've ..........

Howdy, Jesterdiver! Thanks for the tip re sending a message--I am not seeing an envelope icon, so maybe I need to change a setting on my account. I'll check into that. We should all have a north NJ get-together and swap stories!

I see you recently dove Saba -- how did you like it? I visited there about 3 years ago and loved both the diving and the island. My most recent dive trip was to Montserrat, which was pretty barren of tourism (mostly thanks to the catastrophic volcano eruption they had about 15 years ago) but also had some fabulous dives.

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:47 AM

Kate...Jose is another person that found a great group and has 'just jumped in' doing several trips already with several more planned since finding us a little over a year ago!

WARNING!!! First DiviDivaDiver...then Buzo Guero...then JesterDiver...It happens! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#27 IcarusGirl

IcarusGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Ha -- I can think of worse things than resuming the multi-dive-trips-yearly habit I used to maintain. :) Bring it on!

Is there a particular process people for putting together a local happy hour thing? I'd be happy to coordinate.

#28 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

I've done a small one at Dutch in the summer that a couple peeps came too. get the grill out and do a couple dives

#29 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ha -- I can think of worse things than resuming the multi-dive-trips-yearly habit I used to maintain. :) Bring it on!

Is there a particular process people for putting together a local happy hour thing? I'd be happy to coordinate.

Kate, it's as simple as selecting a venue and date then letting Kamala or I know by PM or message to charlies@singledivers.com in advance to check for internal schedule fit. We would then create a Happy Hour topic in the appropriate SubForum. Here is a link to the top level of the Events Forum, click into the Eastern Seaboard Events subforum for previous Happy Hour topics as a guide. I would then generate an invitation email blast to the members in the region directing them to the topic to sign up.

Hope This Helps!

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Kate we have a lot of members in your local area so I'm sure we can get someone to help you plan one! COOL! Plus we'll have one in March at BTS!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users